The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

HAHAHA RNMommy! Go pee- don't hold it! Not good for you!

I don't yet, probably since I haven't been drinking but I don't want to dilute it. I guess that is good though since I still have another 1.5-2 hours to go. I just had some pretty sharp stabbing cramps on the left side, they didn't last long though. Come on ovulation!

fertility foods... healthy diet being no1. but specifically, i have heard greens and berries are good!

read somewhere peas are not good. not sure how true that is though!

ladies, i am contemplating trying out acupuncture... supposedly helps some people! ever tried it anybody? not sure if i want to be a human pin cushion but my mother tried it for other reasons and swears by it.

@MK - I dont know about accupuncture itself but I have tried accupressure and it works wonders.
A friend that I worked with in the ER was studying it as part of her MD internship and she did it to me a few times. You can actually buy the stuff online for it and do it yourself. I was actually thinking about it.
Anyways, its little tiny sqaures things that look like bandaid material and they have a little seed in the center. Well, you stick them on certain pressure points in the ear. Throughout the day you're supposed to continually press the seed into your ear to the point where it almost hurts. And it helps!!!
I know it sounds crazy. I honestly believe it wouldnt work. But it did. She put them on my ear in the spots for neck and back pain. And they helped significantly. The whole time I had them on I did't have one twinge of pain in my neck or back. And I left them on for about 3-4 days. By then they start to come off.
Sorry about the rambling....LOL!!!

Duh, the whole point of the post was to say I know they do have "pressure points" that are supposed to help with fertility. How that part works I have no idea. But anything is worth a try at some point! :)

Ok, so now Im a little disappointed. My OPK from earlier looked so promising. Now my second line is almost nonexistent again!!!! :growlmad:
Oh this is so frustrating!!!!!!

OMG! Ok so I was away for a bit and almost peed my pants laughing at all I missed while I was gone!!! So while we all may be a mess... at least we're FUN!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Rnmommy.... well??!!!!!

Both are great new names... BumperStickers I think is a great transition from beanStalkers....!!! :thumbup:

Ok so have any of you told your hubbies that your in a group called the BeanStalkers???!!!:rofl:

As for the acupuncture... I hate needles... BUT swear I am going to suck it up and do it next mo. if this time is another BFN- My best friend did it.. told the lady she was trying to have a baby... so the lady worked on her towards quitting smoking and getting preg... needless to say she is due Sept. 24 and quit smoking cold turkey!!!!!!

Acupressure sounds v promising! Maybe some of us should give it a go! LOL.

Sorry re OPK RNMommy! hmmm... What CD are you on again? What day do you usually o?

lots of promising stories re acupuncture! i like it! cali- lets be human pin cushions together! how many sessions did your friend have?

Ugh, no needles for me please! I have a huge fear which I am apparently going to get over to have a baby :)

I just finished the fertility foods chapter in my book so I know this one!
Good fertility foods:
colorful veggies (broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, garlic, onions, and chives are especially good)
foods rich in vitamin e are good pre-ovulation (sweet potatoes, avocados, nuts, and whole grains)
zinc is important during ovulation (fish, poultry, wheat germ, eggs, whole grains)
omega-3 fatty acids (fish, flaxseeds) - soothes cramps and makes healthy placenta
protein (meats, beans, and nuts)
fruits/veggies good for improving sperm (tomatoes, red peppers, watermelon, goji berries)
Also good (blueberries, blackberries, eggplant, grapes, plums
Lots of water!

Stay away from:
Trans fat (can cause insulin resistance, ovulatory dysfunction, and hormone imbalance
Mercury - breaks down zinc (swordfish, tilefish, shark, king mackerel, red snapper, orange roughy)
Sugary foods (regular sugar highs can lead to fertility problems)
Cut down on coffee and alcohol and limit dairy and meat to sensible portions because they build acidity in CM which is bad for sperm

I know thats a lot but it is good information

LOL! Okay! I swear If I get another period after this one I will be scheduling an appt on CD1 of my next cycle... and she only went to one or two!!!! I can't remember if it was after the 2nd or 3rd appt that she went to when she called her to say she was preggo... the lady said that she knew it on her last appt.. but that my friend did not know yet, so she was not going to tell her..!! Crazy huh?!

thanks rae! whats your book called again and do you recommend it?

@rae... oh god!!! My poor hubbie is going to get all that and only that!!!! J/k... but I will be making a trip to the store!! ;) Thanks cause it looks like there is alot I need to change... but I HATE seafood! phew!

Acupressure sounds v promising! Maybe some of us should give it a go! LOL.

Sorry re OPK RNMommy! hmmm... What CD are you on again? What day do you usually o?

Im only on CD13.... :(
And I dont know when I usually O due to irregular cycles. Last cycle was 2 months exactly! UGH!!!!

It is called "Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program" Its pretty good so far. I'm still in the informational chapters and haven't gotten too far into the program stuff yet but supposedly it is supposed to have you in great fertility shape by the end of 3 months. They don't guarantee anything but they say at the very least, fertility treatments should work better afterwards.

There is a major thunderstorm happening here so hopefully I don't lose power!

I will ck that out! Are all of you taking prenatals and folic acid?

Yes, I'm taking a prenatal with folic acid in it. Just store brand for now since it is cheaper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->