The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Thanks MK! It is going to be a crazy next few weeks! I have my mock transfer Monday, Baseline Blood and ultrasound Wednesday, injection class Thursday, and Saturday I should be starting stims if everything goes well. Egg retrieval is scheduled for 6/28 but could change depending on how I react to the drugs.

Any news for either of you?

Good luck Rae! Question... what is a mock transfer exactly? What's the point. I am getting such an education from these forums! And what are stims? Fingers crossed everything works out well for you. COME ON BABY!

Mock transfer is my mock embryo transfer and sonohysterogram. The mock embryo transfer is basically a test run. They want everything to go smoothly when they're actually transferring the embryos so they put in the catheter and measure everything ahead of time. Then shoot in saline solution to take a picture of the uterus. Its very similar to an hsg but with saline instead of dye.

Stims is just short for stimulation drugs.

Nervous about tomorrow but hopefully it all goes well.

I had my mock transfer today and my doctor said everything was 'not just good but great' he said it will be a very easy transfer. It was very quick, I had some slight cramping, nothing worse than AF, and then it was done. He gave me a print out of my uterus for being a good patient LOL! Hopefully nothing crazy pops up on the baseline blood work and ultrasound on Wednesday so I can start stims on Saturday. I got a confirmation from the insurance today that they'll be delivering my meds on Wednesday too.

Oh Rae I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait until the real thing!! :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm really excited too! I can't wait to get going! My birthday is tomorrow and I go in super early in the morning to get my baseline ultrasound and blood work to make sure everything is ok to start. Hopefully it all goes well!

Lisa - How is the little one? Feeling any movement?

MK - Did you go in for your HSG already? How did it go?

Gosh im fed up...this is the umpteenth time ive posted- bnb keeps losing it!

So quickly...

How r u doing lisa?

Rae, happy bday for tomo. Hope this is your last as a non mum :)

Had my hsg. They said no result on the day before the procedure. Hsg was quick n painless. When they were doing it the woman behind the screen taking pics said something my right tube but not sure if good or bad - maybe just wanted take a pic of it, that the dye had gone through or that the dye wasnt through yet? It was quick so im trying to be hopeful. They said i could bd asap. I have my nhs appt to discuss my results (bloods scan hsg) end aug so i opted for a copy of my results and have booked to see a private doc. I will no doubt be posting my results here later this week so we can play doctors! Lol

Hey girls I'm doing good! Can't believe I'm halfway! :saywhat:

Rae - Yup Ive been feeling movement for about a week and a half now, it's so wierd! Haha. Little alien in there!

Mk - Glad your hsg went well. From what I've read, I think if your tube is blocked it tends to be more painful as the dye pushes through. So I'm sure you're fine. It took a bit of work to get the dye to go through one of my tubes too, but it was just cause of the angle I guess, I had to roll onto my side to get it moving. You must be so relieved to have it over with!!

Thats great Lisa! I can't wait to be preggers!

MK - I agree with Lisa. I've also heard it hurts if your tubes are blocked. I'm sure everything is fine!

Baseline came back all clear! I start injections Saturday! I'm so crazy nervous but really excited we're on our way. Praying so hard that this works for us because it is insanely expensive. I feel for couples going through this with no insurance coverage! Ours pays 50% and we're still racking up the bills! I got all my meds today but they forgot the trigger meds. Boo :( I'm already overwhelmed by all the meds and I accidentally closed my sharps container which is not supposed to reopen tonight with nothing inside it! Luckily hubby pried the lid back open with some pliers.

Best of luck Rae!!!!! Keep us posted. I hope this is it for you.

Well I got my results from my various tests this morning:
blood tests seem ok.
- Disease screening all fine
- tsh 0.6 (normal 0.35- 5)
- Free t4 14.4 (normal 9-22). Report comment: euthyroid
- prolactin 300 (normal <1000)
- lh 1.4
- fsh 4.1
- progesterone 27 nmol
Transvaginal ultrasound
- uterus is Av (anteverted?) normal sized and regular cavity.
- et 7mm (what is this??)
- right ovary measures 30x22x23 and left one is 28x12x19 (why us left so much smaller?)
Hsg
- slightly irregular uterine cavity possibly due to submucosal fibroids. (argh!!! What does this mean????)
- both tubes fill and spill

My concerns are my lh fsh ratio, the euthyroid comment and odd shaped uterine cavity. Hmmmmm. Any advice ladies?

Best of luck Rae!!!!! Keep us posted. I hope this is it for you.

Well I got my results from my various tests this morning:
blood tests seem ok.
- Disease screening all fine
- tsh 0.6 (normal 0.35- 5)
- Free t4 14.4 (normal 9-22). Report comment: euthyroid
- prolactin 300 (normal <1000)
- lh 1.4
- fsh 4.1
- progesterone 27 nmol
Transvaginal ultrasound
- uterus is Av (anteverted?) normal sized and regular cavity.
- et 7mm (what is this??)
- right ovary measures 30x22x23 and left one is 28x12x19 (why us left so much smaller?)
Hsg
- slightly irregular uterine cavity possibly due to submucosal fibroids. (argh!!! What does this mean????)
- both tubes fill and spill

My concerns are my lh fsh ratio, the euthyroid comment and odd shaped uterine cavity. Hmmmmm. Any advice ladies?

I think Lisa had something with fibroids. Maybe she can comment there.

For the fsh/lh level, my obgyn told me the lh is usually supposed to be lower that fsh, if they're switched then it could indicate PCOS. Mine tend to switch from regular to PCOS levels. So yours are probably still good.

I think euthyroid just means you have normal thyroid function, not hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.

No idea what ET stands for here, maybe the thickness of your lining? That is usually measured in mm

Had my injection class today. Man there is a lot of stuff to remember to mix up these meds and prepare them for injection. Luckily they gave us packets with all the instructions too. I'm sure I'll be relying on the instructions a lot! Also found out that my trigger meds were left out on purpose since they're only good for a limited amount of time so they'll order them for me once we see how I'm reacting to the stimulant injections.

Ooooo that is so exciting Rae. Hope everything goes well! :) Are you also finding time to relax?

Good point on the fibroid front. Lisa- what kinda fibroid did you have and how was it removed again? Hope alls well with the bump today.

Good memory Rae, I was just about to comment. :)

When I had my hsg the results showed polyps or fibriods, with an hsg they aren't able to determine which. (You could figure out which with an ultrasound.) Mine turned out to be polyps, which grow on the uterine wall. Fibroids can grow from the outside, into the uterus, which make them harder to remove. So I had a hysteroscopy/D&C to investigate and remove them. It was a super easy surgery, I was in and out in I think an hour, maybe 2. You get put under, but you're fine a few hours later. I was just tired later that night, and a bit crampy that night and the next day, but after that was fine. I really think that was a huge factor in why I hadn't gotten pregnant. Depending on where the polyps/fibroids are, it can affect implantation, so the egg might get fertilized, but then can't implant. I had my surgery in December, and got pregnant my second cycle after that.

I'm not sure about any of the other stuff, sorry. :shrug: Did my other info make sense?? Let me know if you want any more info.

Rae - Wishing you soooo much luck. Glad the trigger was left out on purpose, and you have a packet of info from your class. I'd be reading it over and over! Were there a few other girls in the class? Oh, and I giggled at the mental picture of your hubby prying open the sharps container! :haha: Good job Mr. Rae!

Yes good job indeed Rae. I just got off the phone with my friend who has given birth to a healthy IVF baby :) She insists on staying stress free (well dont we all... harder said than done right? But I know what she means. Try really hard to chillax- I hope that your head is filled with happy, positive thoughts until you see your BFP!!! It's going to happen!)

Lisa- thanks for responding. You are FAB! The information was very helpful. I am not sure what to think really. My transvaginal ultrasounds (and I have had two) say that everything looks OK and I have a normal sized uterus with a regular cavity. The HSG however says that I have a slightly irregular uterine cavity possibly due to submucosal fibroids.

Do I have a weird cavity? Do I now? IIt's possibly submuco fibroids? Well what if it isn't? Can it be polyps etc? Who knows! My friend said to try to get a really good surgeon to remove the fibroids (if I have them) to avoid adhesions. I wonder whether you found that hysteroscopy's could cause complications? Glad to hear that it was OK though.

I hadn't heard about complications from hysteroscopies. But to be honest I didn't research too much cause I didn't want to freak myself out. I do know that my obgyn is the one who did the surgery, and she said that if she got in there and it was polyps, she would remove them, but if it was fibroids, she would need to call in another doctor who was more familiar with that type of surgery since it involves cutting through the uterus. (I was at a hospital specilializing in women's health/labor/delivery/etc....so she was just assuming that she'd be able to find someone. Haha.) I think polyps are a lot more common though. Plus, if youre transvag u/s haven't shown anything, it might just be a fluke thing, and maybe it's nothing. When will you get a chance to meet with your dr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->