The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Hello Ladies! I got this from www.twoweekwait.com and thought it was so funny I wanted to share it with everyone here.

Hope this makes you all laugh because we know we've all done it..... LOL!!!

How To Pee On A Stick

Step 1...Pee on the stick. (must be sure to hold it under urine stream for a heartbeat longer than recommended just to be sure).

Step 2...Stare at stick while you continue peeing. Feel heart jump when urine passes over the spot where the line would be and it hitches for a second, then gets a dark line...then keeps going, taking your dark line with it to the test window.

Step 3...Place on bathroom counter. Pretend not to stare at it. Let's try to give yourself busy work to keep from looking at it. In fact, your toilet now gets cleaned once per day.

Step 4...Tell yourself you are expecting a BFN. Then start to mist up when you see that it is, in fact, a BFN. Stare at the blank spot for a full minute before picking it up.

Step 5...First, go to window and check it under day light.

Step 5...Now, stand on toilet to be closer to light in ceiling. Check strip.

Step 6...Close one eye. Squint other eye.

Step 7...Turn on several lamps around house. Hold strip under lamp. Check strip.

Step 8...Hold strip OVER lamp. Check strip.

Step 9...Hold strip in front of lamp so light shines THROUGH strip, just in case.

Step 10...Pull stick apart. Hesitate for a heartbeat when you realize you are holding the still wet "wick" in one hand, then continue the destruction.

Step 11...Repeat Steps 5-9.

Step 12...Throw stick away.

Step 13...Pick stick back up out of trash.

Step 14...Repeat Steps 12 and 13 the rest of the day!

LOL that is pretty much it except for OPKs it is obsessively compare today's test with all previous tests even thought is doesn't make it any less negative.

So I have a question for you OPK testing ladies. Do you try to make sure you don't drink a ton so that it doesn't dilute the urine you're testing with or do you just drink as normal? And how long do you hold it for? Just trying to make sure I'm doing everything right since my OPK darkness seems to bouncing around a lot from light to dark.

I don't restrict my fluids but I try to hold it for at least 2hrs. Sometimes I was only able to make it 1.5hrs. It never seemed to have an effect on my results.

Hope that helps Rae!!!! :hugs:

FX you get your +OPK soon!!!!!

Ahh my daily struggle lately! It's been hard for me since I sip water all day long, and especially since I'm sick and very stuffy and dry I find myself constantly wanting to drink water! I've been trying (today and yesterday) to drink water with my lunch around 12:30, pee around 1, and then not pee again until I get home from work, around 4. Basically, I'm trying to do a 3 hour stretch with minimal liquid intake. :wacko: Mine seem to be bouncing around a bit too. I think that's typical. I'm just waiting for that one that's like BAM positive! :haha:

Wow Lisa. It sounds like we're really similar. I've been sick too and the medicine is making me really dry. I've been guzzling water like crazy. Still waiting for that blazing positive. I feel like it should be coming soon. CM is getting stretchy and my cervix feels more open than it has been though I am definitely no expert on CP since it seems to change all the time!

Wow Lisa. It sounds like we're really similar. I've been sick too and the medicine is making me really dry. I've been guzzling water like crazy. Still waiting for that blazing positive. I feel like it should be coming soon. CM is getting stretchy and my cervix feels more open than it has been though I am definitely no expert on CP since it seems to change all the time!

What kind of meds are you taking? I'm afraid to take anything - crazy, I know! I bought Mucinex since I had read that was good for CM too, but then I realized I bought the one that also has pseudoephedrine in it, so I wasn't sure if that was bad and I haven't taken it yet. I also didn't want to take it at 5pm and risk having it keep me awake. Being sick sucks though, definitely not in the mood for :sex: !! I was sick at OV time last cycle too, ugh!!

I'm taking mucinex and sudafed so you should be ok with your mucinex. The hospital my OBGYN is at posts a list of meds safe for pregnancy on their website and both mucinex and sudafed are on them. I can't sleep if I don't take something at night because then I wake myself up coughing all night. I thought the sudafed might dry me out and counteract the good cm that mucinex helps with but my cm has been fine and even looking closer to ewcm lately. I have noticed I'm very thirsty during the day though and my lips are dry (probably from blowing my nose constantly) TTC would sure be a lot easier if I wasn't sick each time. Last month I got the flu right around ovulation though I ovulated so late I didn't realize it at the time.

Mk8, I have been taking B Complex 100 for over a month, I haven't seen an improvement in my Luteal phase at all yet. I currently have a 6-7 day luteal phase which is awful! :( I actually upped my dosage to 2 of the B Complex vitamins which would mean I am taking 200 mg of B6 and then smaller amounts of other vitamins. I will keep everyone posted as to if there are any side effects!

Hope all is well and Effy congrats on the BFP :)

I'm taking mucinex and sudafed so you should be ok with your mucinex. The hospital my OBGYN is at posts a list of meds safe for pregnancy on their website and both mucinex and sudafed are on them. I can't sleep if I don't take something at night because then I wake myself up coughing all night. I thought the sudafed might dry me out and counteract the good cm that mucinex helps with but my cm has been fine and even looking closer to ewcm lately. I have noticed I'm very thirsty during the day though and my lips are dry (probably from blowing my nose constantly) TTC would sure be a lot easier if I wasn't sick each time. Last month I got the flu right around ovulation though I ovulated so late I didn't realize it at the time.

Are you taking the regular Mucinex? I got Mucinex-D. :shrug:

Effy- I can't help but notice it feels like your pregnancy ticker jumped a week. I thought it was like 3 weeks and something just a couple days ago... did you change it or am I just going crazy?

Got an e-mail from the lady who sent me the extra HPT's on accident- she is letting me keep them and sending me OPK's. So hopefully I will get them in the next couple days. One of my trackers is telling me tomorrow starts my fertile time and the other one is saying Friday. So I would like to start testing tomorrow but I won't get those tests til prob. Thurs at least. *sigh*

Effy- I can't help but notice it feels like your pregnancy ticker jumped a week. I thought it was like 3 weeks and something just a couple days ago... did you change it or am I just going crazy?

Got an e-mail from the lady who sent me the extra HPT's on accident- she is letting me keep them and sending me OPK's. So hopefully I will get them in the next couple days. One of my trackers is telling me tomorrow starts my fertile time and the other one is saying Friday. So I would like to start testing tomorrow but I won't get those tests til prob. Thurs at least. *sigh*

Just noticed on the April testing thread that we are testing the same day!! :happydance: If, that is, my body ever decides to ovulate! :dohh:

Lisa want to be TTC buddies?

To whoever made the pretty sig pic- I tried to put it up on mine and it says the link has been changed or moved... what did I do wrong :(

Sure! The link was on one of the earlier pages, you had to copy and paste it. You can't just copy and paste the pic.

Yeah I got it the second time around. Haha. User malfunction :p

Can you share how you added it? I tried the other day and couldn't figure it out!

Are you taking the regular Mucinex? I got Mucinex-D. :shrug:

I was taking Mucinex but switched to Mucinex-D since it seems to work better for now.

Kendra, just stick the code below in your sig but remove the space after [IMG
Code:
[IMG ]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/Rae13/BeanStalkers-1.jpg[/IMG]

I am so excited! I got my first package of OPK's in the mail today! I haven't tested for ovulation yet! Exciting, something more to obsess over every month! LOL Let's see if it proves my luteal phase is only 7 days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->