The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi everyone, can I join? My doctor places me on clomid today but he's such a jerk...he basically insisted I get on it and he's barely answered my questions!!! Stupid NHS. I left his office in tears. This week I got a faint positive. I went to the doctor and it was a false positive I was told:cry:. So he wrote me a prescription for clomid and provera and told me he had an emergency meeting.
So my questions are:

(1) he told me to take clomid on days 2-6 but I see inthe threads almost everyone takes it on days 5-9 and then switch to 3-7. Does it make any difference?

(2) when do we bd? Do I need to OPK all the time?

This is all frustrating for me because I felt that my doctor didn't want to take the time to explain to me. I'm hurt. :cry:.

So sorry for him being so inconsiderate! It really doesnt matter when you take clomid bit the earlier you take it, the more follicles you will produce vs taking it later gives you bigger follicles so I'd say earlier for more of a chance. I took it 5 cycles on days 5-9, and this cycle I'm taking it days 3-7. I like it better 3-7. Also start taking opk on cd10. I test I've a day until cd13 and then I test twice a day until I get a positive. If you have any other ?'s you can message me. The only main side effects I get are headache, cramping, tired, and some eye blurry ness.(not too bad though) this month taking it earlier I hardly had any side effects though! Good luck!!! What cd are you?

My doctor told me it doesn't really matter when I take it, I did 3-7 the last 2 rounds and I'm doing 5-9 this time. We bd every other day until about cd 16 (I o late) and then every day until my scan shows I od.

So sorry for him being so inconsiderate! It really doesnt matter when you take clomid bit the earlier you take it, the more follicles you will produce vs taking it later gives you bigger follicles so I'd say earlier for more of a chance. I took it 5 cycles on days 5-9, and this cycle I'm taking it days 3-7. I like it better 3-7. Also start taking opk on cd10. I test I've a day until cd13 and then I test twice a day until I get a positive. If you have any other ?'s you can message me. The only main side effects I get are headache, cramping, tired, and some eye blurry ness.(not too bad though) this month taking it earlier I hardly had any side effects though! Good luck!!! What cd are you?

Thank you so much:hugs:. Well the last time I saw AF was in niv 2011 I stopped counting:blush:. I took fertilaid for 2 months and got ewcm the second month so I thought I ovulated but I guess not. Anyway i'll follow your advice. I just started provera today. So I'll let you know when I'm on CD 1.

can clomid cause weight gain? ive been trying to loose weight and was working but since ive been taking the clomid it seems to of just come back:shrug:

Even I have put on so much od weight recently I no longer fit in my old clothes.

can clomid cause weight gain? ive been trying to loose weight and was working but since ive been taking the clomid it seems to of just come back:shrug:

I have gained 12 whopping pounds in 3 months!!! :dohh: I have not changed my eating habits either. Stupid "Clomoody" bahahaha (I still love that one)

I have gained 5 lbs in the past 6 weeks with Clomid and I can't afford to gain weight!! :(

i used to be a size 6 until i was around 17 then i ballooned managed to loose a little but now its back hope its just water

Really? I haven't gained any weight? I mean I feel and look bloated during ovulation, but on the scale, I am still the same weight. Maybe dosage has to do with it? Who knows anymore really....or maybe I am too stressed out and when I get stressed, I don't eat, lol. But in all honesty, I would take any weight gain as long as clomid would give me my BFP!!! Hurry up already CLO!:happydance:

my stomache had been so crampy today like a constant ache with the odd stab and now from the top of my leg right down to my ankle is aching really bad oh and tmi sorry but my cm seems to of turned REALY watery i thought id peed myself earlyer there was that much:haha::blush: please tell me this is normal and clomid is doing its job

Whisper: I had horrible cramps this month. I didn't really have much CM, though. The first month I had slight cramps and tons of CM.

I am 5DPO. Last night, I couldn't sleep, the lower part of my calves were hurting so bad. I am exhausted today and in on of my typical Post CLomid O moods! :(
I told myself the first of the month that I wouldn't stress during my TWW which here in Mexico is a 3WW, the tests are not FRER and they usually don't detect anything before 20DPO!! I am stressing on if we BDed enough, we missed the day before and the day after. Just 2 times on O day and 2 times 2 days before.
I really don't want to go through another month of Clomid, this shit hurts! My Os never really hurt, but last month it was painful and this month it was as bad as labor!

If we don't get a BFP this month, my FS said we will do 100mg CDs 5-9 again and monitor from CDs13-15. We will use the trigger once egg is mature.

So, if no BFP, at least I have a plan in place for next month.

:hugs:

I got my positive opk today, cd15. Clomid has helpedmin keeping my o day consistent which i am assuming is a good thing? Before I use to ovulate anywhere from cd16-21. The first month I was super dry with clomid, last month I had lotion like cm and tons of it....this time is yet to be seen, lol.

1 month ago i started taking clomid. WHOA side effects day two was the most angry PMS symptoms i have ever had. Day 1 perfectly fine, no side effects thought i was in the clear. Day 2 i had some mild hot flashes in the evening thought maybe it was just the first heat wave of summer hitting me. Day 3 watch out I was so cranky and agitated for no reason. I swear my husband didn’t love me anymore even though he had been at work all day. Day 4 CRAVINGS after fighting them all day i finally conceded and went to the store bought 42$ of every random junk food i found, luckily it was just craving because the junk food lasted for the next three weeks. I also notice i stated to rub my belly and place my hands on it, it was mildly bloated but nothing major. This was eye raising for me because typically i hate my belly, it is usually one of my least favorite side effects of weight gain. Even my husband knows i hate him touching it.

CD14 (cycle day) i went for my first ultrasound to check for follicle growth, sadly nothing on my right ovary and on my left there was a medium size follicle. The follicle growth was on 14mm which is too small to ovulate an egg from it needs to be 21mm or more. My Dr. felt like it could possible continue to grow so i should come back in five days and recheck it. I am not going to hide it but i was a little sadden and blue for the next few days but though there still might be hope.
CD18 follicle recheck, still nothing on the right but the left side had grown 4mm but was still only 18mm, not big enough to ovulate. We discussed our plain of action for the next month, i am upping the clomid to 50mg, and i am going to come in around CD16 this time because my natural cycles are a little longer than the normal 28 day. My cycles are between 30-34 days which is normal for PCOS.
CD40 I took as pregnancy test on and it was negative, with mixed emotion as i would of love a miracle. Since i never saw a positive on my OPK’s i figured i never ovulated, therefore i should of started my next cycle on CD34 but nothing has happened.
CD42 Sent my OB/GYN a e-mail letting her know where i was at and what she thought i should do next. Response: wait another week if the next cycle doesn’t start by then take another pregnancy test if neg we will discuss our next step.
CD43 Today! headache all morning during household cleaning could be allergies could just be a headache but i am not sure how i should be treating my current condition, do i act pregnant and psych my self into think so meaning no meds for headache and defiantly no allergy medications. Who knows i am just going to proceed with caution at this point.

Anyone out there have a extend cycle on clomid??? Would love some feed back as i don't know many people close to me that have taken clomid.

My cycle extened but by only a few days. I usually have 23 day cycles and with Clomid, I have a 28 day cycle. Good luck!! :)

So even though I got my bfp 4 days ago, I'm not sure when my period would be due, either today or Tomoz! I keep going to check its not there!
Thurs I had a pos test, fri even darker( frer), on sat I did anotherand it was lighter. I freaked that I was having a chemical n rang my doc who said line darkness is no indication! It could be diet change, liquid intake, or simply the amount of dye in the test at factory- and to throw all my tests out!!

So now I'm just patiently waiting and telling myself af won't show!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->