The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Ive been doing opks since day 8 and they are getting darker but not majorly begining to worry that its not working:shrug:imday 14 today is there still a chance of ov?

Ive been doing opks since day 8 and they are getting darker but not majorly begining to worry that its not working:shrug:imday 14 today is there still a chance of ov?

I didn't o until cd 19 my first round of Clomid and CD 17 my second round.

I didn't o until cd 19 my first round of Clomid and CD 17 my second round.

ah thats ok then will wait a few more days b4 i panic lol have another scan in the morn sohopefully she can tell me whats going onx

Hi ladies I've just started my first cycle of Clomifene. I'm on 50 mg initially, just was wondering more so about the twins side f things? I've read the statistics but just wondered actual chances. I've got a 2 year old son who I conceived naturally but have since developed pcos. My last 3 cycles prior to the Clomifene have been 6/5 weekly so I've been ovulating naturally at some point just hoping this will tip it over to actually fall pregnant. I keep telling my self it could be twins so it's not so much of a shock when I do fall pregnant. Just wondered how many of you had fallen pregnant on Clomifene with twins? Thank you :)

Just got back from my scan one follie on the right ready to burst today or tomoz nothing on the left, this is my last go at clomid until august as im away in june and and shes away in july

edit just got a+opk yikes this clomid really does do what it says on the box

Attachments

• opks.jpg
    opks.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 10
Hiya,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. The Olympic Flame came through our town on Saturday so that was an exciting day for everyone!

I have had strange things happening this month and I’m a little confused. When I had my scan last week the nurse said my fertile window would be 17th-19th May. I’ve always got a positive opk at the time they say I will but this month I’ve had nothing so far?! We’ve been bd’ing every other day but I’m worried and haven’t and won’t ov this month 

Differences this cycle are that my AF lasted a few days longer and I’ve started taking Oestrogen and Metformin. I’m having a blood test Friday morning so I should know on Monday whether I did ov or not. I really hope so as it was looking like I would have two eggies this month!!

Anyone else have any similar experience?

Thanks

C
x

I already ovulate normally, but it has been over 6 months of TTC without success. Doctor prescribed 50mg of Clomid to be taken on days 5-9, and without IUI. Can anybody tell me what the success rates are with this? What are the chance of twins? I wouldn't mind twins and was wonder if 50mg is enough to do that, and whether 5-9 will help or harm having twins.

Thanks!

@cyna & @holly - Clomid does increase your chances if having twins, obviously the bigger the dose, the higher the chance. Also if you take it earlier in your cycle it helps to produce more eggs, eg. CD3-7 if you take it later, it makes you produce better quality eggs, hence your dates @cyna, you are already ovulating so your doc wants to improve the quality of your eggs, same as me :)

Now for my question ladies, I had serious cramping at 6 & 7 dpo, mostly on my left, which is the side I ovulated this month. I also had major achy, restless leg syndrome in my left upper leg at 6dpo. This is my 3rd round of Clomid and the first time I've experienced this. I'm now 8dpo and I'm still cramping a little but not as bad as yesterday or the days before. It's way too early for AF cramps, I usually only cramp the day that AF arrives. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know if it's a good or bad sign?

At first I was a bit worried about having twins. Now I rather like the idea. Is 50mg too low a dose? Is taking it at days 5-9 going to lower the chances?

At first I was a bit worried about having twins. Now I rather like the idea. Is 50mg too low a dose? Is taking it at days 5-9 going to lower the chances?

I have read about women conceiving twins on 50mg, 5-9 will produce better quality eggs but there is still the chance of twins. 3-7 will produce more eggs increasing the chance of twins however, if the doc told you 5-9 it's because he/she doesn't believe you're producing good quality eggs so changing to 3-7 might make you produce more eggs but you might not conceive because they're still not good quality. I'd stick with the doctors instructions if I were you. If you like the idea of twins, discuss it with your doc during your next visit.

I am a little worried this month that I screwed things up. My dr said to take clomid days five through nine counting first day I see blood as day one. So on the 28 th I spotted only when I wiped and this continued for three days. So thought because I did not ovulate last month I just didn't really have a period so on Tuesday I took my first 100 mg pill. Wednesday morning I started bleeding and it continued for the next week. So I think I took my pills the wrong days so freaked out but am pretty sure I ovulated last week so hoping I do t throw things off to badly.

I just started clomid last night on CD5 with 50mg. I have PCOS and have been on metformin 2 months now (1500) since a miscarriage last year with my first pregnancy. My Dr has me scheduled for an ultrasound on CD 14 but I am nervous about whether or not I should be BDing or waiting as she wanted to make sure we do not have multiples. I also felt like the 14th day was a little late for a scan? I know that CD 12 for me is a holiday and the Dr's office is closed. Should I call and ask about BDing and why the scan is on the 14th?
Also is it standard for the Dr to check progesterone to see if supplements are needed to sustain pregnancy when there is a history of miscarriage? I am confused as to how progesterone helps the pregnancy yet I take provera to start a period?

My temps are all over the place(usually low around 96.5-96.8, although I did have two weeks of higher temps before this last period, around 97.7) and I try watching for CM and OPKs but I never seem to get clear signs of ovulation. I know that I have on my own obviously since we got pregnant last year. My periods were every 2-3 months but from Dec-March everything was screwy and all over the place and then we found out about the PCOS which I had suspected. I am hoping clomid does the trick and with some help diagnosing timing from the Dr we will be better off. DH got his sperm tested too and everything looked great! I am taking EPO and drinking Raspberry Leaf tea. Just ordered some maca root and tribulus for DH and pre-seed is on its way. Not sure if I should add some Vit B for luteal phase help or not.

Hi ladies I've just started my first cycle of Clomifene. I'm on 50 mg initially, just was wondering more so about the twins side f things? I've read the statistics but just wondered actual chances. I've got a 2 year old son who I conceived naturally but have since developed pcos. My last 3 cycles prior to the Clomifene have been 6/5 weekly so I've been ovulating naturally at some point just hoping this will tip it over to actually fall pregnant. I keep telling my self it could be twins so it's not so much of a shock when I do fall pregnant. Just wondered how many of you had fallen pregnant on Clomifene with twins? Thank you :)

Hi Holly,
My gynae told me there's a 5 per cent chance of twins on clomid

So even though I got my bfp 4 days ago, I'm not sure when my period would be due, either today or Tomoz! I keep going to check its not there!
Thurs I had a pos test, fri even darker( frer), on sat I did anotherand it was lighter. I freaked that I was having a chemical n rang my doc who said line darkness is no indication! It could be diet change, liquid intake, or simply the amount of dye in the test at factory- and to throw all my tests out!!

So now I'm just patiently waiting and telling myself af won't show!!!

Sounds v promising, crossing my fingers for you!

After 9 months of no Af at all and no O, including numerous opks that I started to think we're just a gimmick and totally useless, I took my first round of clomid last week and had a + ve opk today! So they do work after all, and seems clomid does what it's supposed to.

Does it mean I should O in the next 2 days?

X

Hey Everyone, I just got my 7DPO Progesterone results back and I almost fell off my chair. My progersterone levels were sitting at 140nmol/L or 44 ng/ml, which is very high. Can't believe I don't have sore BB's with such high levels of Progesterone this month. Has anyone else had levels this high on Clomid? Hoping it's a good sign!

Those levels sound great!! Last month mine was 6.2 with bfn but I'm actually sitting at the lab waiting to get mine checked for his month. They uped my clomid to 100mg this month and my boobs are very sore so I'm Hoping for a high result also. What clomid mg are you on?

I'm out again this month, AF got me last night. Oh well, on to next month. This is starting to really suck. I used to get a BFP so easily and this time, 3 months and nothing. 2 with Clomid! :cry:

That is a great number. I am leaving in about half an hour to get my blood work done for that. Didn't ovulate last month so was upped to 100 mg this cycle so hopin it worked. Although my breasts don't hurt so now I am a little worried. Been having off and on cramps and bad back pain for the last few days so hopin that's something.

Sorry af showed. Yeah it does suck:( we've been ttc our 1st for almost 3 years now and I've never even seen a faint line:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->