The Final 5 week gang anyone??

Thanks ladies❤️

I understand they won't induce early for a big baby, but she's like you need to go into labor on your own or you need a c section. She'll start induction but if I don't progress to her liking then I'll have to have one. She's concerned about him being too big to safely be born vaginally. We were so hopeful a couple weeks ago since I've been having contractions and dilated to 1cm on my own.

ready4num2 Don't get discouraged yet, you are just shy of 40 weeks you could go into labor tonight even. Especially since you are already 1cm dilated and having contractions. Why do you think you'll be way over due? Also often they are wrong when guessing the weight of the baby. I've known several women who were told they were going to have large babies and they weren't. A coworker of mine even had a c-section because they thought her baby was so large and she was only 8lbs, very average size baby. You're almost there!:hugs:

I was induced with my first two pregnancies and went over due. I know the scans are never 100% right. I guess we just wait now and see. She scheduled me to come in for an NST scan at L&D instead of the office for Friday. Hopefully she checks for dilation then.

Hi ladies :wave:
I have been stalking around this thred for a while now, and decided to see if I can join you all now that I'm 37 weeks and finally 'feel' like I am on the home strech!

39 weeks on Sat and I'm feeling absolutely knackered. I mean sooo fatigued. Can't remember feeling like this last time. Anyone feeling sleepy?! My bloods have come back fine after a course of iron so don't think it's anaemia. Could it be a Labour sign?

I'm exhausted as well. Though I've spent the last 3 days at home not really doing much except cooking and cleaning. On top of that I feel super emotional and just want to cry my eyes out. Hubby comes home and goes to the garage (we have a side business) so that's making me more depressed bc I can't really bother him. I know what he's doing is for the good it just makes me feel so lonely :cry:

OB appt tomorrow. Im begging for induction or at least a sweep!

I've been a lurker for a good portion of the last part of my pregnancy, I have right around 5 weeks left (if we're lucky) I was recently diagnosed with mild preeclampsia and was put on bed rest. So far we've made it a week (33 weeks today) with DS thriving and growing, hope it'll be the trend and that we're able to make it to at least 38 weeks, if not our original 39 week c-section date.

I've been a lurker for a good portion of the last part of my pregnancy, I have right around 5 weeks left (if we're lucky) I was recently diagnosed with mild preeclampsia and was put on bed rest. So far we've made it a week (33 weeks today) with DS thriving and growing, hope it'll be the trend and that we're able to make it to at least 38 weeks, if not our original 39 week c-section date.

Hi! I remember you from 2ww and I think 1st tri. How are you feeling outside of the pre-e?

Welcome to all of the newbies!
Mng hang in there! Not too much longer my dear

Thanks! I keep trying to say that too but it just sucks. Good thing I'm able to get out of the house for a bit tomorrow!

Welcome to all the newbies!! 38 weeks today, come on baby!! Still no signs, I've become a serial checker for any signs but nothing. The midwife said no sweep until 41 weeks, that feels forever away if I have to wait!!

We are officially having our babies this month! Woo!

Mngmakes good luck at your next doctor appointment!

I had a real contraction last night/this morning 2AM. It woke me out of my sleep. I got up walked around went to the bathroom and nothing would help. It was intense cramping and was all over the front like period type and across my back. I had this every night for almost a month with my son before actual labor started. I was hoping I wouldn't have that again this time around but looks like I might:wacko:

For you ladies that are feeling exhausted that's a good sign that you are towards the end :happydance: One theory of when labor starts is when the women's body is about to reach metabolic exhaustion. So if you really wanna get things moving even though you're exhausted go take a walk or keep busy cleaning/nesting:thumbup: Shouldn't be long :hugs:

Mngmakes good luck at your next doctor appointment!

I had a real contraction last night/this morning 2AM. It woke me out of my sleep. I got up walked around went to the bathroom and nothing would help. It was intense cramping and was all over the front like period type and across my back. I had this every night for almost a month with my son before actual labor started. I was hoping I wouldn't have that again this time around but looks like I might:wacko:

For you ladies that are feeling exhausted that's a good sign that you are towards the end :happydance: One theory of when labor starts is when the women's body is about to reach metabolic exhaustion. So if you really wanna get things moving even though you're exhausted go take a walk or keep busy cleaning/nesting:thumbup: Shouldn't be long :hugs:

That's an interesting theory! I certainly never felt like this with my last one and went 2 weeks over. I have a section booked for wed but had sort of decided I'd try a vbac if I go earlier.... Will have to see. Keep having painful twinges in my bump today but it's not all over my bump, just in small areas.

So I'm home from my appt. I'm thinning but not dilated...how is that even possible?! I'm so disappointed, stupid body!

In better news she did say that we can induce next Friday or the following Tuesday if I haven't gone into labor myself, so that made me a little happier. I'm just confused bc my next appt is a week from today, so I'm ASSUMING if I'm still not dilated she'll induce. .is that how it works? She talked so fast and I have such bad baby brain I forgot what she said :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->