The Final 5 week gang anyone??

I had some pretty intense period cramps/contractions last night. We DTD then they stopped😩

Today's officially my due date🙈 I had an NST scan today. Only 1 contraction within the 20 minutes I was monitored. My dr didn't even check me for dilation. If I don't go into labor on my own soon Thursday I'll have another growth scan and they'll determine from that on induction or a c section. I'm so confused why they want to jump to c section over a larger baby. Is that normal? I trust my doctor 110% but I don't get it.

Welcome to all the new ladies here too😁

I had some pretty intense period cramps/contractions last night. We DTD then they stopped😩

Today's officially my due date🙈 I had an NST scan today. Only 1 contraction within the 20 minutes I was monitored. My dr didn't even check me for dilation. If I don't go into labor on my own soon Thursday I'll have another growth scan and they'll determine from that on induction or a c section. I'm so confused why they want to jump to c section over a larger baby. Is that normal? I trust my doctor 110% but I don't get it.

Welcome to all the new ladies here too😁

Not sure where you're from but here if they suspect a large baby they'll do a section to avoid complications (ie, pain, tears, baby getting stuck in the birth canal etc).

Yes I believe here any babe assumed to be 10+ pounds they say csection due to risk

I'm in the US. My last pregnancy baby was estimated just about 10 pounds, but they induced. I guess that's why I'm just confused. I'm also terrified of having a c section, so that's not helping at all.

Ready4num2 Happy Due Date Date:happydance: I've heard of many ladies saying their OB would schedule a c-section due to a 'large' baby. But in my opinion that is not a reason for a c-section. First off it is incredibly rare that a women actually has a baby that is too big for her to birth vaginally. Second they are often wrong with guessing how much the baby weights. I've known several women who were told they were having big babies and their babies were normal 7-8lbs babies. If you don't want to have a c-section I would not agree to one due to 'large' baby.

I'm going to talk to her again and see, because I don't want one just for that reason either. My first two were 'big' babies. 8 pounds 6 ounces and 8 pounds 3 ounces.

On another note, I sneezed I *think* I peed myself, but I had some discharge that looked like EWCM! Hoping that means something's going to happen.

How is everyone today? Still no signs for me, I think I might try to give up searching for signs it's driving me crazy!

I've gotten nothing other than intense SPD pain. It hurts so bad that I debated putting on pants today.
It's been a pretty uneventful day. Did some shopping at Carters-yay clearance!- and will be making French onion soup for dinner tonight. Yum yum!

Question- can anyone feel babies head right around their pubic bone? I can't close my legs and when I try I feel a large mass/bump squirming at times. It's like her head is right there! Is this normal??

Can't say 'I can't close my legs' but I have to say some of the movements he's making are getting more uncomfortable at times! When there's an arm or a leg right around the side of me it blooming hurts!

At 39+1 can I ask what movements you gals are getting from babs? Mine have become very regimented for want of a better word. Still the old pattern of more activity after eating/drinking/sitting still but the movements in general are a lot more fluid perhaps like a roll rather than a stretch, maybe its just there's no room left for much?

My movements used to be fluid. In the past 2 months they've changed to more like jabs and surprise kicks to my poor riblets :cry: But definitely when I'm sitting/eating/chewing on ice which had been my vice drive the beginning. Poor girl will probably come out shivering lol

Mines are roll like too, always at the same times in the day and sometimes more stronger than others which worries me. The midwife said that's because she is lying back to back so sometimes movements will feel less. You would think if you were running out of space they would want to come out but no they are too comfy lol!! When I was in hospital a few weeks ago I was lying on the bed with my ankles crossed the midwife gave me a row for that, saying I would be squishing the little ones head in the pelvis, not sure if that is actually true but I have stopped doing it! I do find it uncomfortable at times to sit with my legs closed though, oh dear!!

Happy due date!

I'm really sore. Was sure I was going into labour on Friday night, up all night with irregular intense pains but they fizzled out to nothing. Had a few since but still no plug and not much else except constant pain at the top of my bump, which I think is just from overdoing it the other day. Did a huge dog walk - hoped to put myself into labour but just hurt my legs!

I keep feeling a pushing pressure against my cervix. I must have walked up and down steps 100x already this morning in hopes of my water breaking. What's the hold up baby?!!??

I keep feeling a pushing pressure against my cervix. I must have walked up and down steps 100x already this morning in hopes of my water breaking. What's the hold up baby?!!??

awwww, I hope baby comes soon for you! ****labor dust****

Today I'm really tired. I slept like crap last night. on and off contractions all night. If baby doesn't make his appearance by Friday, I'm trying castor oil. They bumped up induction to the 12th(38 weeks)! I do not want to be induced with pitocin :( it's horrible... but I'm really hoping it all just happens sometime this week with no interventions. My last baby was 36 weeks and the one before was 37 weeks so, we'll see....

awwww, I hope baby comes soon for you! ****labor dust****

Today I'm really tired. I slept like crap last night. on and off contractions all night. If baby doesn't make his appearance by Friday, I'm trying castor oil. They bumped up induction to the 12th(38 weeks)! I do not want to be induced with pitocin :( it's horrible... but I'm really hoping it all just happens sometime this week with no interventions. My last baby was 36 weeks and the one before was 37 weeks so, we'll see....

Thanks! And Same to you. :)
Are you ok with the earlier induction date? I'm glad you said something about the pitocin- I just posted about that 2 days ago asking opinions- seems like everyone feels the same about it.
What's the idea behind castor oil? I've never heard that one before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->