The Final 5 week gang anyone??

So I'm home from my appt. I'm thinning but not dilated...how is that even possible?! I'm so disappointed, stupid body!

In better news she did say that we can induce next Friday or the following Tuesday if I haven't gone into labor myself, so that made me a little happier. I'm just confused bc my next appt is a week from today, so I'm ASSUMING if I'm still not dilated she'll induce. .is that how it works? She talked so fast and I have such bad baby brain I forgot what she said :dohh:

I think they give you the option.. You dont have to! If you werent dilated thursday, they could schedule to induce you fri.. Or if you wanted to still wait it out im sure they would check you again mon before inducing tuesday.

I go back to mw tuesday.. Where they will offer a sweep if they can even find my cervix. But next weekend is thanksgiving here so if nothing, i go for a scan on the tues 13th to make sure babe is ok and then i can be induced if i want or try sweep again and wait til the fri before another scan and theyd induce then! I wont be allowed to get to42 weeks

So I'm home from my appt. I'm thinning but not dilated...how is that even possible?! I'm so disappointed, stupid body!

In better news she did say that we can induce next Friday or the following Tuesday if I haven't gone into labor myself, so that made me a little happier. I'm just confused bc my next appt is a week from today, so I'm ASSUMING if I'm still not dilated she'll induce. .is that how it works? She talked so fast and I have such bad baby brain I forgot what she said :dohh:

I think they give you the option.. You dont have to! If you werent dilated thursday, they could schedule to induce you fri.. Or if you wanted to still wait it out im sure they would check you again mon before inducing tuesday.

I go back to mw tuesday.. Where they will offer a sweep if they can even find my cervix. But next weekend is thanksgiving here so if nothing, i go for a scan on the tues 13th to make sure babe is ok and then i can be induced if i want or try sweep again and wait til the fri before another scan and theyd induce then! I wont be allowed to get to42 weeks

OK that makes sense. But what if I'm somewhat dilated? Will she make me just wait it out then? Ugh I'm so confused!

42 weeks just seems so wrong. Why make anyone go that long is beyond me. Sending you lots of labor dust! :)

OK that makes sense. But what if I'm somewhat dilated? Will she make me just wait it out then? Ugh I'm so confused!

42 weeks just seems so wrong. Why make anyone go that long is beyond me. Sending you lots of labor dust! :)

I dont know about what they do there.. But i think it depends on how dilated you are and what your wishes are. But also hoe your dilation is progressing.

Ex/ if i was 3cm dilated my mw would likely suggest to wait it out until my contractions got stronger and check me in a few hours to see if i had further dilated. If they checked me and i hadnt budged at all after numerous hours and weve been trying natural things like nipple stimulation etc.. Then they would likely consult ith an ob and induce me.. But i could refuse this.

My mw will offer induction any time past 41 weeks and they dont recommend going past 42 due to increased risk of still born etc etc..

I've been begging for induction bc of my horrible SPD and she won't do it sooner than 39 which is this coming weekend. So I think it works the same (ie, keep track if I'm dilating, check me Thursday, and if not do the induction next day). That's exciting! :)

Edit: the OB called back to explain: it would be better if I was dilated somewhat, only then she'll do the induction or I could decide to wait and labor on my own.
I'm 50% thinned and I know that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but I'm praying more happens over the next week.

I fell in the kitchen on Saturday had spotting on Sunday and a gush of blood yesterday. Only home from hospital today.
I've requested no VE's on this pregnancy and I've had too have them the last 2days because of the fall. I'm getting induced at 39weeks and I'm feeling wobbly now as of what happened with my DS birth and the VEs are reminding me of it.

I fell in the kitchen on Saturday had spotting on Sunday and a gush of blood yesterday. Only home from hospital today.
I've requested no VE's on this pregnancy and I've had too have them the last 2days because of the fall. I'm getting induced at 39weeks and I'm feeling wobbly now as of what happened with my DS birth and the VEs are reminding me of it.

Sorry to hear this! I hope you and babe are ok

We're both fine thank you. And I got to see her twice in 2days, she looks like my DS.
I got an awful fright. I just was a bit put off by the amount of VEs 😕

We're both fine thank you. And I got to see her twice in 2days, she looks like my DS.
I got an awful fright. I just was a bit put off by the amount of VEs 😕
Happy to hear you're doing well :hugs: take care of yourself! LO will be here in no time :)

Bebedeux that must've been very scary, I hope you are both ok

Wow scary! So glad you and baby are okay:hugs: What are VEs?

Wow scary! So glad you and baby are okay:hugs: What are VEs?

Vaginal examinations. I had way to many on my son. I went 16days over I had a four day induction with countless sweeps to no avail. I ended out with a forceps delivery, fourth degree tear, failed placenta delivery, rectal bruising and a massive pph. So this time I'm like "nope please leave my lady garden alone she's after growing back again leave her alone!!!"

Baby is fine thank goodness I have clinic next week. So il get to see her again.

Morning ladies. How is everyone today?

I've had another sleepless night-it's 430am here and I've been up since 3 with cramping on and off. H and I managed to DTD (but he couldn't finish)so I'm still hoping that's what's causing the cramps.

Anyone here have menstrual cramping before going into real labor? I don't want to get my hopes up.

MnG fingers crossed!! Had a bad nights sleep too but caused by hip pains. Still no signs here, baby is in there to stay I think

MnG fingers crossed!! Had a bad nights sleep too but caused by hip pains. Still no signs here, baby is in there to stay I think

Pencil me in for hip pain too. Isn't it horrible? The only thing I've found that somewhat helps is sleeping with a pillow under my belly (long enough where its also under my hip)and one in bw my knees.

I think the cramping is just from the sex. I have no other pre labor symptoms, if there is such a thing :shrug:

I have had quite a lot of period like cramping too. Sex is apparently off the menu until Christmas. Damn lol!

I haven't really had any other signs. Another attempted sweep on Tuesday so hopefully something happens after that!

I'm not getting the opportunity for a sweep until 41 weeks which I find crazy!! Last time I had one at 40 then 41 weeks, never worked though lol but I would still like the chance earlier this time round. It might stop me being the worlds biggest grump lol!

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining you, I'm 37+5 and unbelievably fed up, desperate to meet our little girl. Read through some of the posts and thought this is what I need to get me through these last few weeks, people at the same stage etc. Hope that is ok x

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining you, I'm 37+5 and unbelievably fed up, desperate to meet our little girl. Read through some of the posts and thought this is what I need to get me through these last few weeks, people at the same stage etc. Hope that is ok x

Hi! :wave: I think this board is help keeping me somewhat sane. I've been on mat leave since Monday with nothing to do :(
Hope your little lady doesn't make you wait too long :)

Hi Mummy:flower:

MgMakes3 cramping in my experience is a sign that your body is getting ready for labor :thumbup: I think when you have sex and the male "finishes" the semen is what helps the cervix soften.

AFM: I had my midwife appointment today. She did my group strep B test and I got my flu shot. She also checked me and I'm a finger tip dilated and effaced. I was this far along with my son at 35 weeks and he came at 38 and 3 days so I'm thinking this little guy might be following his brother foot steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->