The Final 5 week gang anyone??

I keep feeling a pushing pressure against my cervix. I must have walked up and down steps 100x already this morning in hopes of my water breaking. What's the hold up baby?!!??

awwww, I hope baby comes soon for you! ****labor dust****

Today I'm really tired. I slept like crap last night. on and off contractions all night. If baby doesn't make his appearance by Friday, I'm trying castor oil. They bumped up induction to the 12th(38 weeks)! I do not want to be induced with pitocin :( it's horrible... but I'm really hoping it all just happens sometime this week with no interventions. My last baby was 36 weeks and the one before was 37 weeks so, we'll see....

Thanks! And Same to you. :)
Are you ok with the earlier induction date? I'm glad you said something about the pitocin- I just posted about that 2 days ago asking opinions- seems like everyone feels the same about it.
What's the idea behind castor oil? I've never heard that one before.

well, their reasoning is valid. I had a mini stroke in 2014 and they are worried about blood clots. I've been getting weekly BBP's for 6 weeks now and baby looks great. so they think 38 weeks would be perfectly safe.
I had pitocin with my first. The contractions come on suddenly and very very intense! natural labor(in my experience) comes on gradually and intensifies over some time. giving you time to adjust as the pain gets worse.
Castor oil stimulates your bowels and abdominal muscles. there's lots of people who will say it can cause the baby to pass meconium inside you, but this is not true. It has been proven that castor oil and baby passing meconium is no higher than someone who didnt take castor oil.
you most likely will have a few trips to the bathroom(or not, everyone is different) but if your body is real close to ready, or ready it can put you into labor. It worked for many friends of mine and my sister. I think it's worth a shot to avoid pitocin.
You take 2 tablespoons mixed with OJ or something strong tasting because it tastes horrid. a few hours later you should be having contractions!!! hth :)

Thanks Flip! If you disappear for a few days I'll assume it worked for you hehe.
I might wait for my appt on Thursday to see if I'm dilated at all..and I might have to try it out. The only thing that worries me is the possibility of bathroom visits. I've been eating french onion soup and that's the last thing I want to worry about IF I go into labor...TMI? lol

Thanks Flip! If you disappear for a few days I'll assume it worked for you hehe.
I might wait for my appt on Thursday to see if I'm dilated at all..and I might have to try it out. The only thing that worries me is the possibility of bathroom visits. I've been eating french onion soup and that's the last thing I want to worry about IF I go into labor...TMI? lol

lol. from what I've personally witnessed, the bathroom trips happened before going into labor. I was present for 3 of my bestfriends births and she did it with 4 out of 6 (5&6 were twins). I was also present at my sister's birth and there was no explosive pooping problems, lol.
I'm not as concerned about the bathroom trips because I know how bad pitocin is. If I have a bad day on the potty and don't go into labor then I figure, atleast I tried everything safe before just accepting a pitocin induction.

https://lifeyourway.net/how-to-use-castor-oil-to-induce-labor-and-not-be-miserable/
Here's good info on how to take it:
Take castor oil in the morning after a good night’s sleep.
Take several small doses (1-1.5 tablespoons) of castor oil 3-4 hours apart rather than one big dose.
Add to orange juice in a mason jar and shake vigorously.
Hold your breath or pinch your nose while drinking.
Drink plenty of water and an electrolyte drink to keep you hydrated.
Eat several small snacks.

Any new developments ladies??? Or are we still just getting fatter and waiting lol. How was everyone's wkend?

Afm, I've had period cramps on and off all night. Sometimes they're more noticeable, though I wouldn't say stronger, but I'm hoping this is the start of something today. :)

Any new developments ladies??? Or are we still just getting fatter and waiting lol. How was everyone's wkend?

Afm, I've had period cramps on and off all night. Sometimes they're more noticeable, though I wouldn't say stronger, but I'm hoping this is the start of something today. :)

I had period pains start yesterday and wondered if it might be early Labour. Have had a restless night, especially since I rememberes we have no fuel in the car and no 24 hour garage near by!

I was convinced that I had period cramps after going to the toilet during the night but I fell asleep so they can't of been anything bad!

I'm still crampy and they come and go in waves but it's nothing painful like everyone has been explaining.
:shrug: Pllleeaaassee let today be it!

What a wait we are all having!! Nothing for me today either, so sitting eating biscuits and sulking ;)

Still getting period pains and the odd sharp pain but would be shocked and stunned if I went into Labour before the c section on wed as I went 2 weeks over last time with no signs of Labour ever going to start!

Ok so hubby and I have had a bit of sexy time this afternoon - Its so not though is it! As soon as baby moves i'm so turned off! Its all for hubby's benefit at the moment, I remember being out of action for months with ds and even once healed I found the whole sex thing very sore, almost like being a virgin again!

Have to say since we did it I've felt 'different', very crampy so i'm just accepting that everythings moving in the right direction.

Going to have a nice clary sage bath soon and sooth away me aches.

Hope we have some baby news soon ladies!!!

The past three days in February had what I assume is braxton hicks but seem slightly more intense than usual, and horrid lower back ache. The tightenings come and go in waves and are more noticeable than the BH I've had up until now, but the back ache is really painful. It's not constant, it's kicked in in the afternoons the past 3 days, and comes and goes until I go to bed. I usually wake up feeling fine the next day. Not a clue what's going on, guessing it's nothing but cant help but get my hopes high!

It sounds like everyone is in the same boat with period pain style cramps. Every day for well over a week now I have had episodes where I think something is starting but it never does and all disappears! I just keep reading due date statistics and thinking of standing in a crowd of 100 women and imagining my name getting called out for my turn :haha:

It sounds like everyone is in the same boat with period pain style cramps. Every day for well over a week now I have had episodes where I think something is starting but it never does and all disappears! I just keep reading due date statistics and thinking of standing in a crowd of 100 women and imagining my name getting called out for my turn :haha:

Lol with my luck I'd be dead last :(

No progression here. 40 +4 today! I have an NST tomorrow and my doctor wanted to go straight into a c section, which I'm going to decline!

I never had contractions with my DS. I always had BH. However. Dtd last night had what I assume is contraction like cramping for 2hours and I had pink spotting. Then it tapered off & I fell asleep!!! So bahhhhhhh. I've clinic on Wednesday I'm getting brought in at 39weeks anyway

Well i lost another glob of plug today.. But havent had a single contraction today.

those of you having some blood...that's a great sign that labor should be starting soon :thumbup:

Any of you drinking RRL tea, using Evening Primrose, or sitting on birthing ball?

Yay! Hope we all have something happening soon!!

I was on my ball a few days ago but we've been cleaning and I moved it onto another room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->