The Final 5 week gang anyone??

Congrats on people's due dates how exciting x

Hey everyone - Wish i'd been quiet due to having my baby boy but at 40+2 there's just no further signs of him arriving!

I really hope that it can change in a moment, you know like just feeling something 'happening' and it starting from there, i'm getting a bit nervous as hubby starts nights tonight 6-6, not that I can't cope by myself, more the point that he could be working a 12 hour shift and then need to be alert for me to go to hospital!

I've had not much in the way of discharge today, perhaps because I've been out and not really paid much attention. Definitely getting some sharp pains down below and the usual aches but nothing by means of anything periody, sigh!!

Congratulations Missisipi! He is beautiful & your birth story made me laugh with the way you worded it :haha:

Hi everyone :wave: 4 weeks tomorrow left for me! Currently sipping my second cup of raspberry leaf tea & struggling with PGP/SPD so hoping little one wants to make an early appearance in the next week when He/she will be full term. (major wishful thinking haha)

Hope everyone is well xx

Hey everyone - Wish i'd been quiet due to having my baby boy but at 40+2 there's just no further signs of him arriving!

I really hope that it can change in a moment, you know like just feeling something 'happening' and it starting from there, i'm getting a bit nervous as hubby starts nights tonight 6-6, not that I can't cope by myself, more the point that he could be working a 12 hour shift and then need to be alert for me to go to hospital!

I've had not much in the way of discharge today, perhaps because I've been out and not really paid much attention. Definitely getting some sharp pains down below and the usual aches but nothing by means of anything periody, sigh!!

Is hubby close that you can give him enough time to get home just in case?

Im in the same boat as you, nothing going on with the exception of BH for 3 days now. Very annoying. I even called asking about it and she told me not to call back until it's 5-1-1, which I knew she would lol

Yeah he's literally 5 miles away so a call or msg as soon as I feel a contraction is the plan.

Being dull but what's 5-1-1? I'm assuming it's time between contractions and how long they last?

Yeah he's literally 5 miles away so a call or msg as soon as I feel a contraction is the plan.

Being dull but what's 5-1-1? I'm assuming it's time between contractions and how long they last?

You got it :thumbup: :)
5 mins apart lasting for a min each for at least an hour. We live about 25 min from the hospital so I plan on calling when they're at least 30 mins apart. No way I want to deliver in the car.

I'm sure this is nothing but I've had a sudden onset of back pain and it feels like she's pushing her head into my pelvis. Still no painful contractions though...what gives?! She's got the right exit but needs to knock some more :haha:

Definitely having some tightening a but mine just kinda pop and disperse like a very painful wind bubble!

I've tightnings. And that shock nerve thing. But that's it. Feeling very uncomfortable.

Is anyone else scared a bit?

I mean I just want it all to be over now, my new baby boy in my arms safe but I'm getting scared when I actually think about going into labour :/

I'm starting to get annoyed with people constantly asking me what's happening and why the baby isn't here yet gggrrrr!! I've not reached due date yet so that's my excuse for now but all I want too is for the baby to arrive, trust me!! Eek rant over sorry ladies!!

Is anyone else scared a bit?

I mean I just want it all to be over now, my new baby boy in my arms safe but I'm getting scared when I actually think about going into labour :/

Terrified.

I'm worried about the weight of the baby. I'm terrified of tearing badly again. I'm seeing my consultant on Wednesday to discuss the delivery. My midwife brought it up last Wednesday and I started crying hysterically. And then my anxiety gets really bad.

I can say I'm not scared at all, just super excited to get her out! I'm sure once I go into real pain and want the epi I'll get scared as I HATE needles.

I can say I'm not scared at all, just super excited to get her out! I'm sure once I go into real pain and want the epi I'll get scared as I HATE needles.

Wasn't that bad getting the Epi in honestly. And mine took 4times as my spinal cavity was small.
I cringe every single time I get blood taken.
Eeeewwwwwwwww

I didn't have an epi last time whilst being induced and I found labour really hard, this time I can't even have one as its a small birthing unit. Just hope I can cope with gas and air!

I'm scared I won't have time for an epidural! MW said because of all my start/stopping I'm likely to go quickly, so she warns I may not have time for one. My birth with DD was so great once I had my epi, I really want a repeat experience.

Had to admit defeat and get up, been awake since around 2 and lying there just doesn't work hoping to drift back off. I've got up had a cuppa and some toast so I'll surely need a snooze later now! I hate eating or drinking during the night, well morning! I always feel out of sorts all day.

I'm not scared at the moment, too excited but I know I will be when the time comes!

Lucy, I've been awake since 4 ,had a cuppa and still wide awake but now feel sick from the tea, can't win!

I feel scared about labour too. The epidural definitely made things easier last time but I do think it caused the labour to be drawn out in the end. This time I really would like to try without but I fear I will give in and demand it in the end! I am also worried about the size of the baby (last was 9lbs 9) but I hear that big babies can be easier to deliver, or my midwife is lying to me just to keep me sane!
Still no signs for me this morning, back onto the ball later on to see if that helps, I hope you are all feeling well this morning.

At least I've got zero to do today, at 8am I take ds to school which is a 5 minute walk and then I've got a date with the sofa! I feel very 'behind myself' but that's because I eat at 4am. Funny, once i'd posted the last post I was planning on staying on downstairs and watching tv but ds had another idea...At 4.10am I heard 'Mummy, where are you? Are you in the toilet?' He'd woken up at 1am and come into my ned - Probably half the reason I was awake! So I went back to bed with him and finally drifted off back to sleep. Woke at 6.30 for hubby to get into bed after working nights.

So here's my perfect day:
Take ds to school, come back and get on sofa.
Watch rubbish tv and drift in and out of sleep.
Eat and drink.
Start contractions lightly, easy to handle and start to time them.
Call midwife so they can plan when to come see me at home.
Hubs wakes anytime between 1-2 to discover what's going on and aware that we should be going to hospital at some point today, he's refreshed after a night shift and so am I after a rubbish nights sleep.

Now, that's not too much to ask for is it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->