• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 'I start a diet every January,this year I'm sticking to it' Thread

I just checked myself out in the mirror and I can already see the weight gain. It's around my tummy and hips so I'm starting to get more of a shape to me. Only put on 6lbs as well. I've decided it's porridge for breakfast, dried fruit and nuts and yoghurt for snacks, bagel/pitta with soft cheese or ham for lunch then for dinner I'll be having meat (red meat or chicken) with potatoes and veg or pasta/rice with some kind of sauce. I'll still snack on crisps and sweets etc as well but I don't want to gain weight as fat, I want it as muscle so will have to just stick them in with the rest of the diet. I also have some Complan in the cupboard, it's like the opposite of slim fast milkshake, so might try that too

Kayleigh-Ooh that sounds good :D Cant wait to go and get started!

Jellycat- I have started one today for the same reason :D

:) me too, we can do this, planning a long walk tomorrow :) xx

Yes!! I've had a nice brekkie of a slice of brown bread, and a SW style egg and mushrooms, then an orange. Was lussssssh :lol: good luck everyone xx

im scale obsessed so was thinking about NOT weighing at all and just going off how i look, maybe even take pics :shrug:

Blah im the same, on a normal week i weigh myself about 3 times :lol:

I told OH to hide the scales but he forgot, so i weighed myself this morning :dohh:

hello :) Bad start for me I am ill and only will be drinking orange juice and lemon sips today :(

Right I've weighed in and am aiming for nearly six stone 83lbs.

I've had a good start been for a long walk with LO uphill , aiming further each time.

My target for January is to lose 9 lbs

I've also started my Diet Journal today

Kim hope your feeling better soon!

I weighed myself yesterday morning but when I start sw my official weigh in day will be Wednesdays. So far today have had one slice wholemeal bread with 2 egg omelette no butter or milk added to it x

I'm soooo happy! I've just found a recipe for slimming world homemade crisps and they're awesome! Potatoes are unlimited on extra easy as well so defo gunna help with my snacking habit :)

Im soooo jealous of you all!! :cry: at least you can eat something!!

BUT .... i had a sneaky weigh in this morning and ive lost 5lbs since Thurs/Fri WOOP :happydance:

booo! hate you pp :lol: i've had a cheese sandwhich & a starbucks today :blush: not the best start is it, i will try and work on that though! :lol:

Ok, haven't had the best day, all bran for breakfast, but then went out for a carvery for lunch :dohh: but I had turkey, as thought it would be low in fat, no roast pot, 1 roast parsnip and LOADS of veg, and only ate 1/2 Yorkshire, but no idea on how many cals!!!!Plus had a OJ for drink!!!

We did go shopping for OH mums birthday pressie, so did go for a walk, but not the long one we intended!!!

I weigh myself every other day, I know its bad, but it used to be everyday!!!

Just finished 40 mins on biggest loser circuit training

Bf porridge and banana
Lh roll corned beef and salad, 2 satsumas
DH beef veg and pots

Feeling very positive today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116