The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Hi girls

I will keep little Grace in my thoughts Dinah, i'm sure she'll prove to you once again what a little fighter she is :)

We went pram shopping yeasterday and i took hubby to where me and my mum had seen a pram and both fallen in love with it. When we walked in hubby lit up at the one of the first prams he'd seen....the same one as me and my mum!! :D So we have found our pram and absoloutly LOVE it! Its an Emmlajunga, the only downside is its not cheap :/. My mum and dad want to buy it for us but we have said we'll put money towards it as well because yes its that exspensive. The good thing about it is we'll deffinatly use it when we have a 2nd one so it'll get plenty of use.

Oh and i've finally taken a bump picture :) I'm bigger deffinatly but i don't think that big. Its funny though as i've looked back at the other bump pictures and think 'i was barely showing and though i was huge' lol xx

Attachments

• 18+5 (1) BnB.jpg
    18+5 (1) BnB.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 18+5 (2) bnb.jpg
    18+5 (2) bnb.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 4
Loving all the bump pics; you ladies look amazing!!

Finally Singers, congrats to you!

:hugs: for you Dinah!! Will be praying for you and Grace. Please keep us posted! :hugs:

:hugs: :dust: Good luck Mazzy!!!

Dinah - Thinking of little garce, and sending lots of prayers. But she is such a little fighter im sure she will be fine xx

Mrs Mel - Congratulations - Happy and healtly 9 months!

Singers - I was so pleased to see we now have 9 junebug babies. And I really admire you for sticking to your guns and waiting it out, I know I couldnt do it! Congratulations x

Wanna - Your bump is so cute and neat

Sorry if ive left anyone out, im sure I have!

As for me, things are really good. Hubby is still getting better and came to his parents yesterday for a BBQ as its my FIL 50th. It was so good to be as a family again. Cerys is a little chubster! She is completely different to Daisy. She cutting teeth already, im sure its a bit early?

Is anyones LO on Colief? Cerys has been since 4 weeks and I am thinking of weaning her off it now but I am scared it will make her stressed again.

Glad things are going well Welsh.

Love your bump Wana, very cute!

Glad to hear all is well Welsh and that you got some family time together :)

Thanks MrsMel :D

Got to be honest i'm a bit gutted :( I have LOVED the names Sophia and Riley for years and they have never been popular around our area. I mat have said before how 2 girls i went to school with had little girls and named them Sophia. Also on baby and bump i've noticed a few Sophia's and Riley's. SO i decided to type it in on google to see how popular they have become...

Riley is 9th most popular and Sophia is 14th :( I always felt they were quite unique but obviously not any more.

I'm sticking with them but i am kind of gutted as i didn't want them to have a common name. I remember having about 5 Sophie's in my year and god knows how many Tom's and i'm hoping our name choices don't end up the same.

Sorry for a bit of a pointless whinge but wanted to share xx

Ok so here is the story!

Tuesday night I started getting contractions about 1/2 hr apart, which was an issue with sleeping, but I got a bit of sleep. I had an Appointment on Wednesday at the fetal assessment unit so was 42 weeks exactly, for them to check up, and another sweep (that was number 3 and I was 2-3 cm and 80 effaced) I started getting more frequent contractions 3-4 every 10 mins, that went on through the night (again no sleep!!). Thursday had more contractions about the same frequency. I went for a scan of the placenta to check that it was still working and the baby was happy, all was OK. The contractions where more regular and stronger, and all in my back, so it was killing me to lay down, I had to sit on the edge of the sofa as the contractions where getting stronger and stronger. At 1 am on Friday morning we rang the community Midwife to come, when she arrived she checked me out, and I was 3 cm I could have cried!!! Again I didn’t sleep Thursday Night, so Friday I had another appointment at the Fetal assessment unit at 12:30. At 07.45 my waters broke, and there was some greeny mucus in it. So I rang the Community Midwife and she told me to go to my appointment so at 12:30. I sat in the room contracting in quite a lot of pain, and the ladies that had been seeing me for the last 3 days I think knew something was up, and got me into examine me. Again more on the back laying (which was painful) They had a look and said there is a lot of meconium and that I would have to go to labour and delivery. To be honest at that point in time… I was so tired, I didn’t really care what was going on. So I waddled down to room on the Labour ward, and currently trying to write this story I can’t really remember everything that happened next, I was introduced to the midwives, one put a Cannula in, between contractions, then someone examined me again and said, 4 cm 100% effaced.. It was all the work that was on my back, that was killing me and I couldn’t understand why everything had to be done on my back!! They decided because of the meconium I would have to be put on the Synocotin drip to speed everything up, so that they could get her out quicker… the Gas and air was very good, and just made me feel a little drunk my lips were numb, and I got that far away feeling you get when your arms seem to far to do everything!
However they explained that if they gave me the drip it would start hurting a lot more, so suggested either epidural, or Pethadine. Now as everyone knows I wanted a natural birth with only gas and Air. I was so tired, so said fine, give me the epidural. At this point (I’m very scared of needles get cold sweats and panic) the epidural Dr came in, sets everything up, I had to be on the bed (pleased to be sitting up!!!) they took my temp, and it was 38.1 (very very high) so they take it again (its 37.8 still to high) so they gave me paracetamol, and start me on a drip and antibiotics, the epidural was done, which credit where its due, was not painful at all and not at all what I expected and shockingly must mention again not painful!! Then everything calmed down, everyone left, and I just sat/layed on my bed the epidural was given at about 7.00pm, I could still feel my legs, and to be honest would have preferred to be allowed to walk around, but they wanted to monitor the contractions and the babies heartbeat, so I just had to sit there… They swapped shifts and the next midwife was a bit of a stickler, so I was practically strapped to the bed to sleep, however sitting up with ridiculously tights bands on which hurt quite a bit when I contracting, just sitting there, trying to sleep which obviously even though I was knackered it isn’t very easy sleeping in the sitting up position!!
I was then put on the drip to speed stuff up. At midnight, I was examined and had got to 7 cm… which they were quite impressed with but suggested I get some more sleep but by about 3 O clock in the morning I really wanted to push, they midwife checked me and said, you need to not push, and wait for her to turn, you can start pushing a bit later. Now trying not to push is about the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!!!! I sat there trying so so hard not to push, my Midwife went on her break, and I had two others come in to baby sit me whilst she was away. Well whilst she away I said I can’t not push, so they got the consultant who came to check on me and said, you can push now as the baby is there… So I started pushing and after 8 pushes she was out!! I was pushing for 15 minutes in total and my original midwife only just made it in time to get her! She was born at 4 in the morning. Exactly (got the time wrong before as well as not writing her correct name will blame it on the baby brain) she was handed to OH, then checked because of the Meconium, I was a little shocked, as I’m sure she was, but everything was fine, however after about 1 hr she was given to me, and I put her to my breast, and though she was obviously starving, (crawling to the breast trying to latch on) but every time she did, she got upset, and then the Midwife noticed that she wasn’t breathing as well as she should, so the Paediatrician was brought to check her again, and they decided to take her to the special care baby unit just to check what was going on, but said she should be fine. We waited in Labour room, until I could go up to Post natal, where I was put on a ward with 4 other people and OH was with me, and then we were allowed to SCBU to check on her, well I just burst into tears, She was in an incubator with tubes, and drips, and beeps and after all the hormones, and the fact she had left me clothed and happy and now was not, It was so upsetting.
So currently she is in SCBU on antibiotics for an infection, and oxygen to keep her breathing well, and actually doing quite well, at 8lbs 6 she looks very chubby and fat compared to her counterparts in SCBU, they keep trying to do a lumber puncture but can’t get any fluid so they aren’t sure whether the infection is going to turn to meningitis or just a normal infection, but hopefully (fingers crossed) if everything continues well we will be able to take her home at some point!

So that’s the story (I think) sorry its so long and I will attach a few pictures!

Oh singers she's beautiful and what a good weight! But what an ordeal and I'm sorry she's in SCBU. I really hope she gets better very quickly and you can all go home :hugs:

Singers - she is gorgeous. Im sorry that she has to be in special care. I am sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Swan - i cant see that link :( what was it?

Hi girls just a quick one baby esmae was born friday 18th may @ 11:32.
Here is the link of my hectic day -Esmae

Congratulations Singers although it sounds like a bit of a rough time. Hope she recovers quickly and you can have her home soon! :)

Wow congrats Pink can't wait to hear your birth story and see pictures :) xx

Awww Congrats Pink!! Another lovely lady. :kiss:

I'm sure she will be doing better in no time.

Sorry i haven't been on here for ages ladies.......well i actually have been on here, but couldn't logon for some strange reason (it usually just keeps me logged in, but had signed me out) and then i'd forgotten my password and so after several e-mails later i can finally log on and actually write on here!!!

Firstly, a big congrats to you Mrs Mel.....so pleased for you and very exciting! Yay!!!

Congrats also to Singers.....about time ur little girlie arrived!!! Sorry she is in special care, she looks absolutely gorgeous :)

Congrats to Pink too.....just read ur story....sounds like a horrible ordeal and fingers crossed your little girlie is able to come home with you soon :)

Dinah - Little Grace is in my thoughts and what a little fighter she is xx

Wana....you've got a nice little bump brewing there!!!

Kim - ur bumps looking good too :)

Hope all our Mummy's are doing well, as well as the rest of us Mummy's to be!

Im ok - 36 weeks on Thursday, so only 4 weeks til due date - yikes! Had a midwife app today and babies head is now 1/5th engaged, so it's on it's way down!!!

Think i've mentioned to you before that i'm going to be moving house soon.....they're looking at a completion date of 22nd June.......1 day after due date?! Yikes!! Will be interesting to see how this all pans out?!?

Well, nice to be able to finally post on here....hope all you UK ladies are enjoying this weather.....supposed to continue all week i think! Hurray! xxx

Congratulations pink! I will keep Esmae in my thoughts and I hope she's home with you very soon xx

Meadows, I suppose at least with a completion date then you've got a very good excuse to not do anything. Might be worth looking into one of those removal services that will do packing too!

congrats singers and pink hope both babies are doing well. both of you take care.

that is so close to you having your baby thats crazy i would not be able to come with the short and close time im already stressing at things now lol x

Congratulations Singers! She's adorable, I really hope all is ok and that she can come home soon.

And congrats Pink! I hope all is going well for you too.

Meadows I hope things work out with the dates, these things always seem to coincide, don't they!

Congrats Singers and Pink! :hugs: So glad to hear of two more babies being welcomed into this world!

Poppie, it was a custom diaper, Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Attaching an image. :3

Attachments

• TVHC.jpg
    TVHC.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members