The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Thankyou everyone :D

Here is my birth story. Sorry its a bit long....

I had period pains the morning of my due date, 16/10/12, from 7am - 11am. They went and i saw the midwife who said see if anything starts, but booked me a sweep for the following week if it didn't.

7pm my period pains came back but wern't too bad. Went to bed and had a few pains on and off through the night that were stronger. By 4am i had to get out of bed as i couldn't deal with them properly led down.

Woke hubby up at 6am to tell him he wasn't going to work :haha: and by 7.30am rang the hospital as she hadn't really moved in a long while. They told me to go in. Got there at 8am and was seen at 8.30am. They hooked me up to a monitor. At this point my contractions were still irregular but as soon as i was on the monitor LO started going crazy :dohh:

They obviously decided she was fine and i wasn't in established labour yet but checked me and i was 3-4cm! They told me to go for a walk for a few hours and get some food but stay near the hospital (i live 30min away). So me and hubby did this and they got stronger and closer together but still irregular. 1 min they wer 3 min apart, the next they were 10min apart. They decided at 12.00 that i should go home and relax and come back when they were every 2min apart.

Got home at 12.30 and tried to sleep (couldn't) and they gradually got stronger and more regular but still only 6 mins apart. Rang the hospital and as i got to 4cm without really knowing it they told me to go back and get checked. Got to hospital at 4pm and was checked. Still 4cm but thinned and stretchy.

They decided to admit me to maternity ward instead of sending me home and see what happens. If needed they'd were going to decide what to do at 8pm when huby would have to go home.

(btw i had a tens machine on the whole time to help with the contractions. It was fab in my oppinion! Also i couldn't deal with the contractions led down or sat down so appart from being in the car i had been stood up since 4am!)

My contractions got stronger and decided to try a bath. Took tens off and got in. Tbh....hated it. It did nothing for me and whilst i was in the bath i started to feel some pressure. The midwife checked me and i was 6cm. So at 6pm got sent back down to labour ward.

Here everything really started to progress. I had gas and air which did make me sick at one point but was great otherwise. My contractions got closer and stronger and i got more pressure. At about 10.30pm i was checked again and was now 8cm but i was starting to get the urge to push which was REALLY hard to fight. My waters still hadn't gone at this point (and i'd lost my plug at about 7pm) They couldn't break them as they wern't bulging, there were no waters between the sack and her head.

At this point i was only 8cm but couldn't help but push with some of the contractions. At 11.30pm they checked me again and i was 10cm! Finally! They managed to break my waters then (turns out when i though i had wet myself :blush: during contractions earlier, it was actually my hind waters)

They told me i could start pushing which i've got to be honest....the wierdest feeling in the world as the head is coming down. Just as her head was ready to come out her heart rate dropped. They decided i needed an episiotomy but couldn't get between her head and my bits to give me the injection to numb it before cutting, so they cut me and i felt EVERYTHING. Not going to lie it hurt like hell and i lost control abit at the shock and pain of it.

Her head then came out and the cord was around her neck which they quickly got off. A few more pushes and Sophia-May was born at 00:03am 18th October 2012, weighing 7lb 10oz and 57cm long!

She came out really clean, strong and alert. We did skin to skin and breastfeeding straight away (she's a natural). I can't believe she's actually here and i'm no longer pregnant. I wouldn't change her for the world. She is such a content little baby. She doesn't feed as often as i thought she would of and she's a really good sleeper.

So all in all counting my labour from 4am Wednesday, not 7pm Tuesday, i had a 20 hour labour with gas and air for the last 6 hours and a tens machine throughout. I had an episiotmy which tbh isn't too bad and its all really neat down there. Not too painful either but it stings to wee.

Now we are just enjoying very moment with her :D xxx

Attachments

• SDC19170.JPG
    SDC19170.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 6
  • SDC19171.JPG
    SDC19171.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 8
Amazing, well done you, I'm thrilled for you! She is beautiful! xx

Congratualtiosn sounds like a fantastic birth!! Well done!!! And she is beautiful!

Congrats again hun, she is gorgeous.

I had a little happy tear reading your birth story, but I cannot imagine being cut down there with no pain killers. Because I had the epi the pushing, episiotomy part and forcepts were pretty much painless for me and I'm so thankful for that so in my eyes you are Wonder Woman!! :thumbup:

Aww thankyou Poppie thats really lovely of you :)

Yes MrsMel your turn next :D

Keep meaning to take a belly picture now i've had her. So i'm going to take one after a week. Tbh its going really quickly which is nice :) Although i think i'm going to have a podge which will be hard to get rid of but oh well.

Also i weighed just before due date and had put on 2st exactly. I weighed yeasterday and have already dropped 1st :) xx

I did take a 1 week PP belly picture just haven't got around to posting it. Hopefully will later on today x

Just to say love and well wishes to all you Americans on the east coast for this crazy sandy storm xxx

I hope everyone is ok and haven't had too much damage or anything. xo

Thanks ladies! We faired the storm with no power loss or damage.

I'm good thanks :) Less than 10 weeks until due date! Feeling good, I've had my Anti-D injection and start my ante natal classes tomorrow so it's starting to feel really real now! Finishing work in around 7 weeks too!

How are you getting on? How is lovely Sophia? xx

Wow! Less than 10 weeks Mrs Mel. It will fly by.

I cannot believe it's only 50 days til Christmas. I am having a friend do a little photo shoot of Fletcher so I can make Christmas cards this year. It is just so exciting to have a little one for Christmas. Soon we'll be off to the shops to scope out the best Santa to have his first Santa photo with (never really had to take any notice before!). Can't wait!!

aww wow MrsMel it'll soon be here! i really enjoyed my antenatal classes so hope you do too :) have you got much planned for when yoy finish work or are you just going to take it easy?

Thats a lovely idea Poppie for the Christmas cards...i can't quite believe that were this close already! We're keeping it small this year as she'll still be so young.

Sophia's doing fab thankyou. Can't quite blieve she's nearly 3 weeks old already! she's quite clever already...she knows how to keep herself awake when falling asleep! She's starting to be a bit more awake and alert during the day as well now xx

I'm glad Sophia's doing well Wana :) No real plans for when I stop work - just relaxing really and doing last minute washing of baby clothes and getting house ready for the new arrival :)

That is a lovely idea Poppie - I bet Christmas with a little one is incredibly special!

Hope all the babies are doing well xx

Eeek! Husband suggested a date to start trying for a second this morning - and it's less than 6 months away!!! Mentally I don't feel ready to start the rollercoaster again, but I know what's prompted him to suggest that date, Grace will be 1, we're likely to get closer to term the closer together we have pregnancies, the sooner I fall pregnant after 'rapid' weightloss and previous pregnancies the longer it should be until the blood pressure causes major issues... he's being very logical about it... but ARGH! Excited and scared all at once. We were planning a few days away just the two of us to New York for our third anniversary (went for our first too) but as that's in the September we might need to bring that forward a bit in case we do start trying in April and fall fairly quickly. Would have liked Grace to be at least 2 really before we tried again, enjoy her as a baby for longer, but in the long run a healthy closer-to-termie is more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->