~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Lwood I am so sorry that your scan didnt go as planned. But as all the other ladies have said, it is waaaaay early. My doctors have previously refused to even see ME (let alone baby) at 5 weeks saying it is way too early to see or determine anything at all, so please dont give up hope. All the reading I have done too (as I have never made it past 5 weeks exactly) says the heartbeat tends to more obviously kick in at 6-7 weeks ish.

Lots and lots of love and luck to you, look after yourself and take it as easy as you can xx

Feeling very sick today, actually I am feeling nauseous literally from when I wake to when I go to sleep. I had my first wretching over the toilet today. I have found the only way to combat the sickness feeling is to eat! Last night I felt like absolute crap and my bf dragged me out for a meal that I really didnt want, then I managed to get 3 courses down me which is more than I EVER eat and washed it down with a J20 and a whole pint of diet coke and was still thirsty!!!! Felt great afterwards!!! I am going to look like Jabba the Hut within a couple of months if the pregnancy continues this way.

Zomo i'm desperately fighting the toilet hugging feeling today, I hate being sick so i'm going to fight it to the end! :haha:

Can I also say congratulations to Neversaynever on her surprise :bfp: this morning, I knew she could do it :happydance:

Arghhhhh thanks Steph :hugs:

Yes ladies, the whatever wagon worked and I got my shocker BFP this morning!

Nervous, excited and everything!

XxX

Lwood, I'm so sorry you are feeling so down Hun, and I'm really shocked at your doc!!!
I had my early scan at 5weeks5days, and the only thing we saw was sac and yolk sac!!! The doctor didn't expect to see anything else, so booked scan for 10 days later ( which is tomorrow) and I cant wait to go to the scan!! Have they booked you another scan? He cant make that judgement based at 5-6 weeks as it's too early to tell!! You could have ovulated late etc etc.....
I really am crossing everything for you Hun! And I think everything will be ok! Just take it easy and rest, ALOT can happen in a week....and your wee beans little heart will be beating away!! Xoxoxo :hugs:

Neversaynever!!!!! Congratulations honey!! What fabulous news!!! I'm so happy for you, jump on board the preggo train!!! Lol yayyyy xoxoxo

Wow NSN - MASSIVE CONGRATS - shall head to your journal in just a sec. Big :hugs: to you and relaxing.xxxx

Lwood, sorry to hear your scan was not as you hoped, it is really realy to see stuff, please try to stay optimistic. Drs are rubbish at being nice sometimes but they are just so clinical with things, it doesnt help! I hope you get some good news soon, when do you get your numbers bk?

Other ladies, I hope you are all well even if you are vomitting!

Im feeling very nauseous and struggling to not be sick at work (think itll be a giveaway!), feeling very bloated and want to go to bed - but enjoying it all!!!!!

Love to all.xxx

Never, school is filtering your journal and wont let me see it! Will check and catch up as soon as im home! Sorry I missed your great news, well done.xxxx

Neversaynever, CONGRATZ!!!

Ladies, Thank you so much. I am very calm and peaceful. It is such a load-off realizing it's totally out of my hands. I am not without hope and I am okay with either result as it is part of the bigger picture. My calm attitude may change after the Dr. calls with blood results but as for right now, this minute, I am okay.

Oh, and no spotting last night!

Those with scans today, GL!

Lwood..my doc scheduled my 1st ultrasound (internal) for when i am 7 weeks 5 days...thats because its around that time you can see the heartbeat and stuff...so dont worry plzzz..its not gud 4 d baby...if u are spotting go on bedrest..lie down alot wit your feet elevated....you shud only get up for EXTREMELY IMPORTANT situations.....:hugs:

congrats neversaynever....keep us posted....wishing you the very best....

Lwood.. I'm 100% with the other ladies- it is WAY WAY WAY too early to expect to see a heartbeat--- and that is SO disappointing that your doctor is all doom and gloom from the get go.. my FS said trying to find a HB before 6 weeks is NOT common AT ALL.. and my OB told me the same thing.. my OB won't even BOTHER to try before 6 1/2 weeks bc the odds are not high of seeing it before then. DEFINITELY assume the best for right now. Spotting isn't enough of an indication as to what's going on and don't look at that at all.. bc it can truly mean NOTHING. :hugs: I'll be praying for you my dear!!

Does he plan to do a follow up scan??? And what about more blood work?? Like taking 1 set of labs isn't going to explain much- you need to check them after 48 hours to see if they're rising- THAT Is what's important.

I don't know your doctor- but if that was MY doctor- I would seriously consider switching. That sounds like the kind of doctor that would rush a woman off to a d&c before even being certain that the pregnancy isn't viable and that's just AWFUL. There are a TON of stories of women who are told their pregnancy is doomed and then they go in for surgery @ the request of their doctor- and they take a look before going in and BOOM there is the baby.

Each baby develops differently- and to even see a pole @ this point is a GOOD thing! Fingers crossed for you hun! :flower:

Feeling very sick today, actually I am feeling nauseous literally from when I wake to when I go to sleep. I had my first wretching over the toilet today. I have found the only way to combat the sickness feeling is to eat! Last night I felt like absolute crap and my bf dragged me out for a meal that I really didnt want, then I managed to get 3 courses down me which is more than I EVER eat and washed it down with a J20 and a whole pint of diet coke and was still thirsty!!!! Felt great afterwards!!! I am going to look like Jabba the Hut within a couple of months if the pregnancy continues this way.

I *SO* relate.. the only that that eases my nausea is EATING! And NOT healthy foods @ that!!

Congratulations Never!!!!!! Well done!! Lots of love xx

Seriously Andrea, Seriously?! OMG. I seriously am so happy for you right now!!!!! Look at what the whatever wagon did for you! Amazing! Huge congratulations!

Never - AMAZING NEWS!! Congratulations hon - you so deserve it. Welcome to the baby bus xx

LWood - I'm so so sorry you are having such a tough time. I will keep my fingers crossed all works out well when you get your next scan :hugs:

Those feeling nauseous and sick - I'm with you there but it's the tiredness that is flooring me more than anything at the moment. So much so I have called in sick to work which I hate doing but I can't go more then 4-6 hours without needing to sleep and that isn't conducive to working :(

Those of you ladies working and dealing with morning sickness... I have so much admiration for you.... I know how terrible I have been feeling, and I cannot imagine having obligations to deal with at work, showing up everyday, being bubbly and on top of things... No way. I completely understand why you would be calling in sick... My work would have fired me after a few times of coming in late due to being sick or calling off... In fact, they counted the freeway shut down and me not being able to get there on time, against me.... Jerks! .... I knew I couldn't hold that job down while being pregnant.

Whilst on the topic of work, I MAY have won a victory over my dick of a boss who is insisting I do a minimum of 63 hours of night shifts - tomorrow (Friday) the whole way through to next Thursday (finishing 7am Friday morning). After repeatedly going to HR, my boss, Occupational Health, being sent home in tears, having a doctors note ignored etc etc I today got a call from Occ Health who have got on to HR and who are looking to negotiate a change of shift, will still be the 63 hours but will be the 6pm-3am hours instead. They are also going to call a case conference with HR, my boss, me and Occ Health so that he cant bully me anymore. He bullied my mate who was pregnant on our team and has just had her baby. If the change of hours comes off, I will count it as a mini victory over my boss who will be seriously pissed off about it :)

Whilst on the topic of work, I MAY have won a victory over my dick of a boss who is insisting I do a minimum of 63 hours of night shifts - tomorrow (Friday) the whole way through to next Thursday (finishing 7am Friday morning). After repeatedly going to HR, my boss, Occupational Health, being sent home in tears, having a doctors note ignored etc etc I today got a call from Occ Health who have got on to HR and who are looking to negotiate a change of shift, will still be the 63 hours but will be the 6pm-3am hours instead. A mini victory over my boss who will be seriously pissed off about it :)

What do you do for work?

Whilst on the topic of work, I MAY have won a victory over my dick of a boss who is insisting I do a minimum of 63 hours of night shifts - tomorrow (Friday) the whole way through to next Thursday (finishing 7am Friday morning). After repeatedly going to HR, my boss, Occupational Health, being sent home in tears, having a doctors note ignored etc etc I today got a call from Occ Health who have got on to HR and who are looking to negotiate a change of shift, will still be the 63 hours but will be the 6pm-3am hours instead. They are also going to call a case conference with HR, my boss, me and Occ Health so that he cant bully me anymore. He bullied my mate who was pregnant on our team and has just had her baby. If the change of hours comes off, I will count it as a mini victory over my boss who will be seriously pissed off about it :)

Well done Zo - although I still admire you greatly for comtemplating 6pm - 3am shifts. You deserve a medal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->