~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

I just got home, and after my first night out after having ava,and looking up nappies for Easter fluffy bunny........... errr.. obsession?

i cant find th right one. :hissy:

Im having issues wiht itti's, and my BG stinks, will post properly in the AM when my brain works

On the insert front....I am into hemp atm....anyone any ideas where I can get a trifold type hemp insert?

https://www.ampdiaperstore.com/catalog.php?category=15

Here are the ones I've ordered. I have the AMP Duo Pocket diapers ordered (24 of them, oops!) and have also ordered the 3 layer hemp inserts, 2 layer hemp inserts, microfibre inserts and bamboo inserts. I think this will be a good overnight diaper!

I just got home, and after my first night out after having ava,and looking up nappies for Easter fluffy bunny........... errr.. obsession?

i cant find th right one. :hissy:

Im having issues wiht itti's, and my BG stinks, will post properly in the AM when my brain works

:haha:

did u have a nice night off?

Yea it's a problem with BG's they need a strip wash. Do your Itti's smell though or is it somethin else? :hugs:

My flips stink, and I stripped them and they started to stink again after a day. Think I'm going to try stripping them then stripping again!

Tell me if I'm doing something wrong with the strip wash: I do an empty 90 degree wash to get rid of any soap in machine, then I wash at 30 degrees, then up to 60, 40, then rinse rinse rinse til there's no more bubbles. I don't use detergent at all during stripping. Should I be using it for the first wash?

I use full scoop of detergent on the hot wash tho i'm not sure if i've being doing strip washes right but it seemed to work.

well i tried a strip wash but clearly didnt work..

the ittis im not sure what it is, all the inserts just seem to smell a bit too,she seems to get damp from them so there must be a leak somewhere and i think shes more of a heavy wetter than i thought.

Im gonna bleach all the inserts tomorrow, then try stripping them again. but do you put the outer bits in the strip? and if i go up to 60 will the colours run?

I wash all my nappies at 60, never had any problem with Ittis running at all and I have ittis in all my nappy washes.
You could try putting some vanish in the wash at 60 when you go to strip them, I always put them on two rinses after Ive vanished them but it seems to keep them all completely smell free.

Might try vanish. I have some for my regular washes, but didn't think to use it on nappies. Will give it a go!

I've noticed ittis can only contain Molly for about 2h a lot of the time, otherwise they start to leak. But that's the AIOs... are the SIOs the same for you?

I have nappy specific vanish stock....a tub of powder and a stick bar thing just incase I find a stain :)

Well i just changed her and i reached for her baby pink medium SIO itti, and when it was on, i checked all round her legs and there was clearly a gape, but the problem is i cant snap it tighter round the stomach or it will hurt her, so shes getting bigger but her legs are still pretty skinny and long, so its not fitting. I dont know if thats the case on them all, i dont think it is, but then its pre-loved so maybe the baby before had chunkier legs and the elastic is stretched?? Ill need to check them all, But yeh it happens with the AIO's too. Maybe shes just growing out of the itti fit?

yea they do need changing frquently ittis, i found the mini boosters a great help tho :thumbup:

I refuse to buy SIOs because of the gape. They fit her tummy, but never the thighs and when it comes to explosive poops I was forever scrubbing her clothes with my vanish bar. The AIOs are far better at containing but definitely need changing more often.

I'm still forever scrubbing poop stains with the vanish bar though, in case of stains, so maybe that's why we've never had smell issues?

*wow, that was littered with ridiculous spelling mistakes... :dohh:*

see ive never had stains on her clothes or the nappys so ive never needed to use anything on it? Possibly did sort the smell issue. Ill try some things tomorrow when i do a washing. I also think ill dry them outside cos the sun has been shining here for days.
I think aswell because shes a heavy wetter i probably wont reach for ittis first now as the more booster bits in them the bigger the gape will be!

Sunshine?! We have snow....grrr. Waiting for it to melt so I can go fetch my horses in, I hate snow.

Try a WN AI2. They're quite adjustable really, and are an amazing fit on Molly. Absorbency is OK, still every 2-3h but no gape at all.

Yea see i worry if i have a really tall slim baby that they wont fit :grr:

However we have come to the decision that this baby is going to be fat rolly polly and emotional :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Well i think Ava is built quite like Tabs, long and thin. (altho Ava may well chub out still till shes walking, but then tabs did that too eh)

I cant afford WN atm but i like the mini lala fit and issy bears fit. and the itti AIO's, theyre my fav <3

Im gonna do a big wash on monday with ALL my nappies, strip them all and bleach the inserts so she will have to be in disposables for the day but hopefully it will sort any smell issues and also will check the gape on every itti aswell when they dry. Some of them have tighter elastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->