~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

My last son first "sat" on a horse at 6 days old...Theo "sat" on one at oooo 6 hours old...haha.
My excuse for having so many ponies is that they are good for the children to learn responsibility, get fresh air and its a sport so its healthy....:D
I bought a pony stallion and pony mares when I was 3 months pregnant with my last son SPECIFICALLY to breed riding ponies for him....and I went out and bought a tiny pony foal (well I bought eight actually but I only kept one...!) for him three days after I got BFP....still got him of course he is all set to be Theos first pony in a few years too!

My last son first "sat" on a horse at 6 days old...Theo "sat" on one at oooo 6 hours old...haha.
My excuse for having so many ponies is that they are good for the children to learn responsibility, get fresh air and its a sport so its healthy....:D
I bought a pony stallion and pony mares when I was 3 months pregnant with my last son SPECIFICALLY to breed riding ponies for him....and I went out and bought a tiny pony foal (well I bought eight actually but I only kept one...!) for him three days after I got BFP....still got him of course he is all set to be Theos first pony in a few years too!

awww Daisy is sooooooooooooo gonna have a pony ... just need to find something nice for her...she still hasnt sat on my gee gee...i hate to admit it but i have only sat on her once since Daisy was born :blush: was heavenly tho :cloud9: just dont have time at the moment :cry:

I had just started to ride one of mine and then took on Freddie....no time to ride and fit in expressing and feeding Theo so the riding has gone on hold for another couple of months...ponies dont care they enjoying their extended holiday!

can i just say, for those who dont like to knit (like me) you can crochet longies :D thats how ive done all of mine and they are mint!! so quick aswell

x

yeah i keep saying that she's enjoying having the holiday....tho she doesn't look the fit Thoroughbred shi used to !!! :blush: she's a proper fatty at the moment !! OOPS!!! hehehe my excuse is i need a new saddle!! LOL i had to sell my old one as it was starting to pinch before i got pregnant so it wont go anyhere near her now...just need the funds and i WILL get my booty in gear!!

Thats awesome, see thas my ideal scenario, have one horse for me.. and a pony for Cole LOL

An acquaintance of mine has a couple of horses and rides competitions.. she offered me to ride one of hers.. maybe that'll soften DH up to get our own if he sees im serious :)

Come July we will have some money and well be able to lookat property.. hopefully even with a bit of land!

Im so jealous of all of you!!!! You all seem to have horses dont you hahaha :rofl:

Yeah I just can't get it, I'm either getting it too loose or too tight on his chunky thighs :dohh:

They can take a bit of mastering, i think i was pretty lucky n got a reasonable fit from about the second try. just keep playing around with it :flower:

Im so jealous of all of you!!!! You all seem to have horses dont you hahaha :rofl:

meee too :blush: I so miss going stables :cry:

Not me - it's OH's parents who live on a farm and own horses. I'm a bit scared of large farm animals (although horses are not too bad - cows scare the crap outta me!) Last time we introduced Ella to her pony and he bit ella's fingers, she laughed like a hyena and I was like "whoa whatcha think your doing eating my baby!"

I don't have a horse, of any kind. :D

They're lovely, but I've never really been very interested in riding them. I occasionally totter over to the farm and stroke a couple (and feed them carrots and fruits :lol:). I'm a doggie person, I don't think I'd breed them but I have been training them for about 6 years. Specifically terriers :D

LOL i love dogs too!

Ive got a pitbull terrier & a husky/malamute cross
their both hand fulls :rofl: but i love m to death!

Oh they will be! Naughty little things are terriers :lol:

Has anyone seen/tried these: https://jabulanappies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=851 They look really cute and easy to make yourself... I'm always impressed with the things people come up with, I need to get inventive!

I don't have a horse anymore and I really miss him. If I had the space and the money I would have looooads! Thanks Sara, yeah I am so addicted to CNT at the mo I hardly go on there anymore! Will have to have a nosey at some nappies, lol.

I miss my horse too. I've not ridden in aaages! Just don't have the time for a horse anymore. I had a beautiful Dales mare :cloud9: Maybe in the future I'll get another.

At the moment all I have are 4 fish! It's weird for me cause I grew up having loads of animals. My current location in a top floor flat means I'm a bit limited though :( When Dexter's old enough I'm gonna get him some bearded dragons :D

At one point I had 24 horses....rofl. That was just before I was pregnant last time and when OH was working full time. Cut down to 16 during last pregnancy and had 10-16 for the last 5 years but then with OH being made redundant we just couldnt possibly afford to keep that many so I had to sell several and put a few out on loan. Still got a little 2yr old gelding who has to go this spring as my mother has been paying for all the feed for them this winter but she cant do it next so he has to go to put the money away for next winters feed bills. I am rubbish at selling them...I cry when people come to look at them!

My other two 2yr olds look like mammoths, unruly mammoths....havent been able to handle them barely at all over winter and they have forgotten some mannars (like being tied to the tie ring means you stay there you dont try and walk off.... and the HUMAN goes through the gateway first...) I really want to move them onto the same yard as my others but its costly on the yard as they have pretty stables and a huge menage....plus I am already cheeky and get a significant discount on my livery as I have four on the yard.

sounds like a handfull :dohh:

1 or 2 would do me ;) they are costly animals LOL
need to still have cash for nappies you know :haha:

Oh they will be! Naughty little things are terriers :lol:

Has anyone seen/tried these: https://jabulanappies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=851 They look really cute and easy to make yourself... I'm always impressed with the things people come up with, I need to get inventive!

Wow, that's a genius idea!!! I have a bag of the sucker things somewhere too... might have to get crafty. Love the idea of using them for olbas oil too, as no matter WHERE I put a tissue with it on, Leyla WILL find it and she WILL try to eat the tissue!

Am I alone in not liking horses? I am a little bit scared of them (we used to walk home from school and the public footpath went through a field with horses - the biggest horse always blocked the path and wouldn't let me past!) and have never ridden one, though I was mad about the 'Jinny' and 'Silver Brumby' horse books when I was little! I do miss having animals though; we always had cats and a dog at home but there's no chance in a second floor flat!

Ohhh I wish I had a horse!!!! Your all making me jealous lol

Well I'm officially out of my teens :( 20 today! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"