~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

i did too but i choose 2 coz i couldn' t decide :blush:

Does that mean i get 2 entries :rofl:

My 6yr old Devon fell and bashed his chin on a table at school today, poor little monkey is all battered and bruised! On a brighter note though, my 8 (nearly 9) yr old Jordon has become a brainbox! He is now actually choosing to read books on history etc and when my OH drops me off to work Jordon brings a book along and asks me questions all the way there! He's currently reading up on the ancient Egyptians, I reckon we have a little historian on our hands!!

Donna the teething necklace arrived today and it's perfect!

I've been back at work for 3 days now and tonight I got roped into taking part in a team building session of a mock up of Blind Date! A lovely guy called Tom played the role of Cilla, sporting a black dress and tights, high heels and an auburn coloured wig! I was contestant number 1 and no I didn't get picked :haha:

Oh and this frustratingly annoying guy who works there thought it appropriate to mention how my 'mammory glands' had increased in size dramatically! Didn't really know how to reply to that?!?

How has everyones week been??

:hugs:

My 6yr old Devon fell and bashed his chin on a table at school today, poor little monkey is all battered and bruised! On a brighter note though, my 8 (nearly 9) yr old Jordon has become a brainbox! He is now actually choosing to read books on history etc and when my OH drops me off to work Jordon brings a book along and asks me questions all the way there! He's currently reading up on the ancient Egyptians, I reckon we have a little historian on our hands!!

Donna the teething necklace arrived today and it's perfect!

I've been back at work for 3 days now and tonight I got roped into taking part in a team building session of a mock up of Blind Date! A lovely guy called Tom played the role of Cilla, sporting a black dress and tights, high heels and an auburn coloured wig! I was contestant number 1 and no I didn't get picked :haha:

Oh and this frustratingly annoying guy who works there thought it appropriate to mention how my 'mammory glands' had increased in size dramatically! Didn't really know how to reply to that?!?

How has everyones week been??

:hugs:

Sounds like yuod best be saving up for Harvard ;)

My week s bene pretty good.. tried to go out quite a bit with my carrier.. Cole has been better.. only grizzly a couple of hours before his bed time..

Im looking for stables at the moment to start riding again.. ive had to give it up just before i met my Dh and moved to NZ.. i want to start again now and see if Cole gets in to it hehehe
Dh wants him to start carts and motors when he gets older.. but i beg to differ LOL :blush:

If everything goes well and we find something close i may even get Dh so far as to let me buy our own horse :muaha:

That sounds fab hun, I'd love to have a horse and other animals but I just about have enough patience for the children and OH Lol x Glad to hear Cole seems to be making progress, probably all that close mummy contact in the carrier making him more confident x
I'd like to think all my babies will want to go to university but I am very concerned about the future for them, we all know what an awful influence the bad kids can be, especially when they get to secondary school. I'm frightened it will corrupt them and ruin their futures! Sounds over the top but after the experience I had at secondary school I don't want the same to happen to my babies but fear it will anyway! :cries:

Ellie, he's okay just a bit battered on the chin, seems to be hurting himself a lot more at school these days but then he does have a tendancy to trip over his own feet bless him x

I have noticed a bit of OCD in Devon too when he does certain things. For example we spent a couple of hours on the Wii competing against eachother and when it was Devons go he swung the controller and having done so proceeded to tug his trousers at the back of his leg behind the knees starting with the left then the right then he would move to the scruff of his neck and pull that upwards then pull it back down from the bottom again! He did this after every shot without fail. He also does it when playing football after kicking the ball, I don't know if I should mention it to a doctor or not?!?

x x

Oww hun, i know what you mean.. i used to be terribly distracted in school..
I moved out when i was 15 and i never finished with a diploma..

However i did learn to look after myself in the end and i managed to get a very well payed job as IT support for design companies etc :)

So no mater how bad you think they will end up.. have faith.. if yuo teach them to be strong and go for any goal they will.. even if it means they will have to work a bit harder for it like i had too :hugs:

(listen to me LOL i bet im gonna be just as paranoid when Cole is going to school etc.)

I think the worries are unavoidable, that's what being a mummy is all about! I suppose I can find comfort in knowing that whilst other children at jordons school of the same age are swearing left right and centre, Jordon hates swearing and tells me off if I ever use a swearword! Also whilst other parents are letting their children roam the streets at Jordons age, I don't allow it and he understands why! I really hope he continues to keep a sensible head on his shoulders because he can then guide Devon the right way by being a good influence for him to look up to!
I'm in a right soppy mood tonight, can you tell? Lol

x x

your just being a good mom!!!
it's very hard now a days to find a child that wont swear hahah

omg you should have had my little brother, he is 15 and my god!! you should hear the filth that comes out of his mouth, he is a nightmare lol

x

I can imagine lol, I've just got intouch with my half brother on FB who's 15 and some of the stuff he puts on his status etc leaves me gobsmacked lol x

Ellie can I just ask, do you need to have a sewing machine to make nappies or can you sew them by hand? I'm considering having a dabble at making one myself you see but I don't have a sewing machine! Also could you post that link for the nappy patterns again so I can look into it and lastly, where's the best place to buy fabrics from?? Lots of questions lol x

you can make them by hand but it takes a long time so im told, a good place for fabric is abakhan, well there might be other places better but thats the only one we have here that does fleece, theres somewhere on the net aswell i cant remember what its called, fabricland or something? which is fairly cheap, as for patterns there are so many tons on the internet just search cloth diaper pattern and a million will pop up hehe

x

Will it list everything I need to make one? I'm a complete novice at this can't you tell Haha!

I'm off to bed now and will browse tomorrow for patterns! Perhaps if I manage to put one together I can send it to an expert for inspection LOL x

Nighty night xx

well it should do yeh, what type do you want to make? pocket? fitted? aio? tell me and i'll tell you exactly what you need to make it

x

Morning! Ideally I'd like to try making either a pocket or AIO whichever is the easiest of the 2 lol x

well pocket is much easier, if youre making an aio you need to be able to sew through a lot of fabric and by hand would be sooo much harder

ok so for a pocket you need, one layer fleece for inside, cut along the stretch, one layer of fleece for outside with layer of pul stitched onto the wrong side, its usually a good idea to attach your fastener now because if you stitch it when its all put together you wont be able to get the insert in, so attach your velcro/poppers to the outside piece, stitch some elastic along the top of each piece to make the pocket, then fold it over to cover the elastic and sew, then put the two pieces of fleece together, right sides together and stitch them together all the way round, except the pocket obv, then stitch on your leg elastic, i dont know how easy that will be without a sewing machine tbh because you have to sew and stretch at the same time to make it work, you might struggle with that and might have to leave it out, same with the pocket elastic, im sure the girl i know who made her own by hand didnt use elastic and it worked quite well still, hmm then what, right, turn it all the right way round, and topstitch as close to edge as possible, just to give a nice finish, then stick your velco / poppers on the wings and youre done :D

x

I had to read that over and over but I think I get it now LOL. I just have to find somewhere I can get everything I need now! I'll have to have a good look after work!

Thank you for taking the time to explain all that to me hun :hugs:

I'm dying to make nappies, but where can I get PUL from? Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->