~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

hmmm alot of money, probably spent too much but ive been good and sold 12 nappies this week, although only cheap ones and a couple of new ittis I never used.

Ok so I just updated my spreadsheet and I've actually spent £968.94 on nappies in total, and made £215 back by selling them, so only £753.94 altogether. And I sold a load of horrible baby clothes we were given to fund some of them too :) Not nearly as bad as I thought, plus once we stop using them I can sell what I still have.

I did a quick add up the other day and it was £500ish but I have sold a lot of Chloe's now too small clothes on Ebay (have kept some for sentimental reasons, her tiny 4/5lb stuff and in case we happen to have another girl at some point!) and when you take in to account I havent bought any disposibles for months and months it brings it down a bit!!

Plus I have bought nappies for Chloe using my birthday/xmas money as well! Sad but true!! I know they're really for my enjoyment mostly, she'd probably be happy rolling around with a paper bag over her bum!

I refuse to calculate what I've spent on nappies. Although probably not as much as you guys it's still wayyyy over my budget :haha:

I hate them too Jayleigh and have a pink and a purple one to get rid of :(

Does anybody know how many disposables the average baby would go through in a week? We have used sposies for the odd weekend at my mum's but I still change them as often as I change cloth nappies so no idea how many non-clothies use! It would be nice to work out how much I would have spent on sposies so I can tell Arif I haven't spent money stupidly hehe

Caitlyn used to go through 6 -7 a day and 2 at night, she's a heavy wetter! :flower:

Does anybody know how many disposables the average baby would go through in a week? We have used sposies for the odd weekend at my mum's but I still change them as often as I change cloth nappies so no idea how many non-clothies use! It would be nice to work out how much I would have spent on sposies so I can tell Arif I haven't spent money stupidly hehe

I have researched this for my website info

the 'average' spend for a baby in disposables from birth until their 2nd birthday is £800 :)

I dread to think. I've spent £180 this week :/

It's probably round the £500 mark after all the freebies, buying and selling etc. I might work it out properly at some point.

I would go through 5-10 a day with my last one plus heaps of clothes as they always friggin leaked and he got horrendous nappy rash a few times. TBH Id happily spend ten times as much on cloth!!! I cant quite believe people actually use disposables at all. I regret I didnt even think about cloth with my last one, though to be fair I didnt realise it was a realistic option at all!

ahem LOL i have a spreadsheet aswell LOL

Mine works out to NZ $932.50 recalculated with the ones i sold, wipes, inserts & longies..
Not to bad ;)

I have researched this for my website info

the 'average' spend for a baby in disposables from birth until their 2nd birthday is £800 :)

WSS ^^

I not sure how much i've sent on personal use tbh, maybe about £5-600 maybe less.

I got that paypal email too Rachel :blush:

i have spent waay over £1000 :blushes: ....... tho i have sold alot on and have loads put away for bubba #2

This afternoon I worked out how much I would have spent on disposableanppies and wipes so far and it came to over £350 already in 6 months. To be fair though, I did calculate that based on doing as many changes as with cloth (cos I wouldn't want to leave Leyla's bum wrapped in soggy chemicals for longer than a few hours) and using eco sposies and wipes. I was surprised at how much I would have spent on wipes alone, it was about £150, but then with disposables I do use about 10 wipes for poo cos it's so nasty! I feel better about my cloth spend now.

oh yea i would of spent way more on sposies than cloth. Infact is this weird but I kinda like going shopping and going down the baby aisle and realisng there's nothing we need :blush: Nappies, nope got cloth; wipes, nope got reusables; bath stuff nope; jarred food nope BLW (or was) !

oh yea i would of spent way more on sposies than cloth. Infact is this weird but I kinda like going shopping and going down the baby aisle and realisng there's nothing we need :blush: Nappies, nope got cloth; wipes, nope got reusables; bath stuff nope; jarred food nope BLW (or was) !

I do this too! :D

I like doing that too! I'm that annoying woman who talks loudly to her baby, saying "No Leyla, we don't want any stinky disposables... no Leyla, we don't need nasty disposable wipes... Do we need nappy cream? Oh no, you don't get bum rash cos we use cloth nappies... No Leyla, we give you human food not this jarred stuff"... Then I scurry off to the formula and pick up a box hoping that nobody sees me :rofl:

:rofl: @ Rachel.
The last time I walked down the baby isle ion a supermarket was to pick up some breast milk storage bags...I has no use for baby isles nor thier products....I feel liberated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->