~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Meh, Id say she cant go to nannys anymore and you will find alternative care who will use the nice chemical free cloth over the stinky sposies.

Lol my mum would end up crying! LOTS lol

oh question for you ladies, izzie for the first time has nappy rash :o( think it's thr wipes I am using? Anyway I've had to put nappy rash cream on for the reusable I do use liners but the rash is quiet big so worried it might end up going on the nappy! if this happens how can I get it off the nappy? Hope that makes sense I'm on my mobile tonight x

i get called a hippy by most of my family for my cloth bum, baby wearing natural ways!! they do say it in a playful way though and they all say hats off too me and say they wouldnt be bothered to do it! :smug: LOL

I'd say try have nappy free time, Noah got a little rash when he got thrush so we ended up in sposies till it cleared. Dont get it now, althought we avoid wipes. Go reuseable hun!!!!

Thats the point, let her cry and she will accept the reusables. Hell they are no more complicated than disposables. Send them all ready stuffed or whatever and she can just put them on and if you send a wetbag all she has to do is dump them in it and you can sort them out later....EASIER than disposables as she doesnt have to get up to put it in the bin!!

Anyhow...nappyrash...yes use a fleece liner. If it gets on the nappy it should mostly come off in a 60 degree wash but you will need to strip wash them afterwards. If you have wool or fleece wraps use them instead of PUL lined.

My none mil loved the nappies and said ooh i can deconstruct one and make some.

I use bepanthen and it works like a dream, I also don't bother with fleece liners when she's got a sore bum as it seems to make it worse?

:dohh: my mil told me the other day thats shed bought leyla some disposables for when she was at her house and i told her i didnt care and that i wanted her in cloth haha

x

I am using BG nappies and was using flushable liners so maybe I could pop her in disposies tomorrow and see if it clears it up?

I have no idea where I would start with reusable wipes! - think they would be harder for her carers to use? I know she's fine with pampers sensitive so usually stick with them but couldn't get then this week and bought buggies water ones? Oh er!

Dont mean to panic anyone but just saw a post on another forum about the UK distributor for Itti's has said they will probably not import the AIOs any more!!

The poster had emailed Alix and that was her reply, so it is from a good source! So if you need any AIO's for your rainbow then possibly get them sooner rather then later?

reusable wipes are wayyyyy easy. I either put them in a solution to soak and then put them in a kliplock box (completely sealed) once Ive taken them out and given them a slight squeeze so they are still damp and ready to use straight out the box and then leave them in the nappy which goes in wetbag/nappy box OR I also have a stack of dry wipes and a spray bottle of solution, I pick up the wipe couple of sprays and use then leave in the nappy.

I used to soak washable wipes in a solution I made up then squeeze them out and store them in the free pampers wipes box I got in the bounty pack, but lately I've just been wetting them with water before I use them. Sometimes if it's a particularly sticky/smelly situation I use a tiny bit of baby wash but normally just water now and it works fine.

i really find it difficult to use washable wipes

ive tried a few times but i always end up just buying some :blush:

x

I like the idea of a dry wipe with a spray, where do you get the spray from? And are they any type of wipes?

you can make your own, water, tea tree oil / lavender and a drizzle of baby bath

be warned though that it takes years to get the wipe wet enough to use LOL

x

I use dry wipes with a bottle of solution (chamomile tea, tea tree oil and baby wash) and I just spray the wipe as I use it. Just have a tupperware box for the wipes and I got the bottles from Boots :D I'm actually finding disposable wipes to be a total pain when I run out of reusables because I don't have nappy bags and things to throw them out in!

Im lazy and generally just use a container with boiled water and 2 drops of teatree oil and just dip my wipes in the bucket when i need them.. then wring them over the bucket and wipe his butt.. ;) the dirty wipes go in the nappy bucket with the nappies..

I use soap bits from babykind in a spray bottle with water - gave up trying to get wipes wet enough so i just spray babys bum then wipe - works better :thumbup:

I use soap bits from babykind in a spray bottle with water - gave up trying to get wipes wet enough so i just spray babys bum then wipe - works better :thumbup:

That's a great idea, might try that. Leyla loves it when I blow her bum to dry it so bet she'd find being sprayed funny too!

People that use camomile, is it just normal chamomile tea that you use? I saw some in the co-op the other day so I bought it to try but wasn't sure how to do it. Arif got excited thinking I'd bought him nice tea, then was quite miffed when I told him it was actually for Leyla's bum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->