~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

I find that if Izzie drinks water in the day her wee doesnt smell so bad :) could it be that he was poorly and needed a bit extra water maybe?

Nope, we were out in my Mum's garden all day yesterday and as it was hot I made sure he had plenty of water :shrug:

Monkeh we have days were the wee is super strong no matter what nappy we use, dont think it the nappies as when he does me a wee fountain sans nappy it still smells strong.

Welcome CD! From your intro I guess you have alot of nappies :rofl: here some of the ladies have ALOT lol I am a newbie but in 3 weeks have built my stash up to 9 nappies (waiting to get paid :D )

I have got a bit of a buying bug at the moment :blush:

I have a question, hope someone can help! Some of my older itti inserts are going abit hard when Olivia pees in them though this isnt happening with my newer inserts. Do you think the nappies will need stripping?

Can anyone tell me what the point of buying or selling a nappy without an insert is? Surely it makes it pretty pointless to the buyer.. or do you all have a pile of inserts just laying around or something?

*bought two nappies not realising they had no inserts and now have no idea what to do with them*

I have a question, hope someone can help! Some of my older itti inserts are going abit hard when Olivia pees in them though this isnt happening with my newer inserts. Do you think the nappies will need stripping?

ya can strip and if they are still hard, put them in the drier for 10 mins, it softens them up x

Can anyone tell me what the point of buying or selling a nappy without an insert is? Surely it makes it pretty pointless to the buyer.. or do you all have a pile of inserts just laying around or something?

*bought two nappies not realising they had no inserts and now have no idea what to do with them*

some people keep the inserts for sizing up, like wn x
i found flip inserts fit in most so i stick them in mine lol

I have piles of inserts I use. mostly hemp and bamboo ones. I rather buy some types of nappy without inserts as they often come with ones I dont like that are useless to me!

I have a stack of extra Flip inserts because you can reuse the outers, and I do sometimes use the inserts in other nappies as I've found they work the best for us. That said, I do like my nappies to all have the right inserts in; makes me feel all wrong if they don't! I only change them if they don't work well enough.

If it was a brand that supplies the outer with the insert when new, I would certainly expect the insert to be included when sold preloved unless it specifically said that it wasn't. If it's advertised as a nappy, IMO it should include everything that makes it a nappy, and that means the insert. For example if you're selling a pocket nappy and don't include the insert, you're not really selling a nappy, you're selling a glorified wrap! Some types are sold with the inserts separate (Green Kids I think) so I wouldn't expect one with them probably.

Where did you get them from? Want to name and shame anybody?!

Yea i agree, totally think peeeps take the mick with inserts, who was it who paid £14 or so for a preloved BB with no insert? Inserts cost £4/5 so u coulda just bought a new one for that. for a 'saraism' it boils my pee a little the whole inserts/wraps thing, if they need it it should say :grr:.....rant over :rofl:

ahahahaha.

Greenkids have seperate inserts, as do WNs (UDs didnt either)

Ive never bought a GK WN or UD with inserts included. I bought all my inserts (including WN ones) separately.
I use trifold bamboo towelling ones in my GKs which I wouldnt part with for any money. They are like £7 each new but I got three for less than £10 and they are my favs for putting is OS nappies.
I do find it a bit odd when BBs are sold without inserts...they come with them new so what do people do with them?

Allmost every Finnish nappy makers sells they pockets without insert.

Many byers make inserts themself. It´s easy and much cheaper.

Right guys I have won a nappy and now I'm stuck.
This is what the lady put:

''Just look through the fabrics and let me know which one you want, which type of inner fabric and contour or trifold soaker. And if you want snaps or not!''

Just look through the fabrics and let me know which one you want, which type of inner fabric and contour or trifold soaker. And if you want snaps or not!

https://picasaweb.google.com/thepinkleprechaun/CoopFabric#

I don't get it. I have decided on what pattern I want on the outer part. But I don't know what she means by which type of inner fabric? Does she mean pick one fabric off that list to be the outer and a different one to be the inner? And what does she mean by contour or trifold? And also by ''if you want snaps or not'' does she mean as opposed to being nippa fastening???

Eeeek. I really don't know much about this at ALL! I'm still a novice :cry:

Bekki, I would have thought there would be choices like fleece, velour etc for the inside of the nappy. Does it not say what your options are where you bought it from? For the soaker, a trifold one is one that you fold into thirds (like the big one in a snap-in itti bitti) and a contour one is one that's ready folded and sewn (like the top one in a snap-in itti). You'd have to ask her which is more absorbant, they might be the same, but the trifold will dry quicker though it will be more faff to put on. Does she do velcro? I would have thought she would mean snaps or velcro.

that list will be for the outer, inner fabric I assume would be a choice between minkee/OBV/fleece (?) has she told you? Contour soaker is a shaped snap in insert, tri fold one is...well trifold. The trifold willl be bulkier but more absorbent/give better coverage, the contour will probably sit better and be slimmer...depends what you want. Id have thought if you dont have snaps you will geta nippa fitting nappy yes.

I won it for joining her group on FB so am too embarrassed to ask questions :haha: I think I get it now though thanks ladies. I feel like a right melon!! :blush:

Where did you get them from? Want to name and shame anybody?!

CNT of course. I think I officially give up on there :blush: they are pocket nappies so I just expected they'd have inserts, especially cos I swapped pop-ins for them!

I shall buy some extra Flip ones I think.

what make is it? Sounds exciting!!

It's from a group called The Raven Tree on FB and their shop is here:

https://hyenacart.com/TheRavenTree/index.php?c=9

Not sure whether they are any good or not because never brought from them but I guess I can't complain when it's for free LOL x

get yourself some bamboo inserts jetters, I like the P'tit Dessou ones and WN bamboo terry ones are good too. I also have a heap of little weeds and big weeds hemp inserts I use with microfibre cloths, VERY slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->