~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Jetters- i got a couple pairs from that link u posted (5 for £16) and the pink pair i got are the same quality as BLs!! The other pair i got were slightly shorter but still work great especially as abi is still small :D They are a bit of a mix but im happy with the two I got from the two different ranges from them...

mmm, 5 for £16 is good value. Think theyre the ones Zara got & they're lovely. Think I'm gonna be putting an order in. I want nice pwetty girly ones:cloud9:. Am also going to have to order some bandana bibs too, my lil lady is always sick & I'm generally too late to catch it on the muslins before it gets on her clothes. At least the bandana bibs look cool & would help:haha:

Katy, pre-order just email and ask them, and she will get back to you with an invoice and she can request money from your paypal if youve bought from her before! Ive just done 2 pre-orders but shes shipping them together i think, but yeah its easy! :)

Jetters no idea really what the smell is, its not urine, it just smells?! I had to wake her and change her at 2am cos i could smell the nappy in the next room. Im gonna so yet another strip, but just seems to not work!?

PD; re your bumgenius - have you tried washing them in soapnuts? that was the only think that worked for us.

:dohh: I keep forgetting to pick them up from my mums, shes on her way here too but she will have already left. I actually think shes probably thrown them out ''why did i have shells lying around '' :rofl:

Can you get another sample even after youve had one??

from in a soapnut shell? I'm not sure tbh. Perhaps worth a shot! I think nappy garden were dong sample bags aswell and you can get them in mama packs at the moment too.

whats a mama pack?? will look on nappy garden, did you just do a normal wash with them or did you do a strip?

apparently dishwasher tablets are good for stripping microfibre, never tried it myself but... :shrug:

you just do a normal wash, you don't need to strip wash if u use soapnuts because theres no detergent in them to build up. You might want to do a strip wash vefore you start washing in soapnuts just to see if it helps. I always put the nappies through a rinse cycle first with nothing else in and then a regular wash with soapnuts. :flower:

P.S a mama pack is an ethical goodie bag for mommas current and to be. You cna get them free from some cloth nappy sellers if they stock them. Normally a mimimum spend applies though.

what do people mean when they say they strip wash the nappies?

strip washes get rid of detergent build up in nappies...which happens over time, it can make microfibre smelly and makes the nappies less absorbent. Its basically a case of washing them and then rinsing them over and over again til there are no bubbles left in the water in the machine.

detergent builds up in the fibre and this needs removing for several reasons, it can reduce absorbancy, trap smells etc etc.

There are a few different ways to strip wash and there are a few threads on here about how to do it. Takes good part of an afternnon though!

PD i have a soapnut sample pack you can have if you want? Its only been through the wash once and i didnt find them that great.

Anybody heard from Maffie? Unless I've missed her haven't seen her online for a while :/

Hello everyone!!!! :)

Im back again :D missed me :rofl:

My god.. im knackered... i still feel jetlagged and Cole seems to have caught another cold...

On the good note.. i can go back to cloth now!!!! Beybey stinky sposies :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->