~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

personally i never really had smell issues with any of my BG's but ive hear d a lot of people complain about it :)

however i wash on hot and on heavy duty cycle LOL

I was at 60,should I do that on the superwash? Might be better, its a much longer wash than the one i normally use,but I dont mind?

Mine took months and months of heavy night use to start smelling :nope: I tried everything and then thought sod it :lol: and bleached them and they have been perfect again :)

yeah actually thinking about it, at mums i used to bleacj them sometimes and ive not done it since i moved here, which was about 6 weeks ago? maybe more? so its probably due a bleach!

My nesting instincts have kicked in beyond belief... I spent the day scrubbing my flat (and napping in bursts too!) and now having begun the ginormous task of washing all of my nappies :happydance:

I've got a load of inserts in, another load of inserts waiting to go in, and then all the actual nappies... it just occured to me though that I might not actually remember which inserts go in which nappy :dohh: :rofl: :dohh:

I'm only washing them seperately cos they are mostly preloved so I want to give them a few good washes at 60 with glo-whites!!! :D

I do my inserts seperatley if i'm using bleach...

If i bleach i just sit in the sink then do a few rinses then add the rest and wash?

hmm i might bleach my V3 inserts then sarah....do you put bleach in the machine?!

You shouldn't put bleach in the washing machine no, it can get in the pipes and the drum and could potentitally ruin the next wash you do. It's the same kind of thing with soapnuts, to see their true effects you have to wash a good few times exclusively so all the powder residue will eventually work it's way out the machine.

Dear nappy genius's... (geniei? :p)

When you use sized Blueberries, which way do you insert the insert- does it matter? And which side should be up- does that matter?!

Thank you!!
Love, confused of nappyville xx

Not sure if it's the right way but I bit the folded over 'hinge' bit if you like to the front and the loose ends at back, purely because it's easier.

And the microfibre on top xx

i can't remember what website it was on, but i saw the other day that the hinged bit goes at the front for boys (microfibre on top) and the microfibre part in the centre for girls

x

i saw the way it goes, on babykind website.

Yes for the onesize you put the mf in the middle for girlies but for the sized ss the whole mf piece fits from front to back x

Hey Girls :hi: for you that remember me back in the day!for those of you that dont then I am Hannah!!

I gave up on cloth as I was having to change on the hour due to him being such a heavy wetter it just got too much :blush:

Finn is a lot less of a heavy wetter now and want to go back to cloth again!!:happydance:

Cue spending sprees again as I have 0 now!!!

Woohoo, more people with spending sprees!!

I've always put the microfibre bit of the blueberry onesize on the top, any idea why it's meant to be different for boys and girls? Surely it's drier on their bums if the microfibre is on top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->