• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The "never had a second line" Group: 93 members, 18 BFP's, 2 Angel's

can2012 - if you don't want to go through the hospital you can always but a SA kit for home, they sell them on amazon, hubby bought one but he spilt some of it so the results were unreadable, doh! shame that the family you've told keep badgering you but at least one day when they do you'll be able to say "I am finally pregnant" :)

littleprinces - oh dear, I bet these friends are always asking about it too, that must add so much pressure!

haj624 - the spots could be implantation bleeding, do you normally spot during your cycle? if not it could well be a great indcator for you :)

VMAG - Yeah November better had be all the month for us all (although I would be kind of freaked out if every person on this thread announced a bfp, that would be one giant coincidence). So what do you use each cycle, do you temp or take OPK's?

Lucie73821 - wow I didn't know men could take clomid to help, does it thin out the blood in the vein or something? Glad to hear you have been ovulating, did you "feel" like you had? I know what you mean about symptom spotting, I think when you first start out TTC "SS" is all you can think about, but the more you try the more you realise all the new weird twinges\aches\pains mean nothing!

Cajuncoco - welcome to the thread, how did you find the Clomid? did you have any unusual\disappearing symptoms??

X Helen X - oh no thats so crap to hear, I hope you're ok. Has AF turned up for you or something? xxx I'll leave you on the front page still, but will put a note against your name :)

Rin731 - thats rubbish about the BFN. Linz on the irregular cycle sisters group took AC and I don't think it did her any favours, it didn't do anything to me either. But everyone is different and it might just work for you :)

Here's to hoping. I don't know if it will do anything for me, but as I don't have insurance til the new year, I feel like I have to do something. :growlmad:

The thought of (sorry tmi) my uterine lining not shedding itself except 4 times a year worries me, so I was hoping that it might help me regulate and get more normal periods.

That said, there is that one birth control pill that gives you a period 4x a yr, so who knows. :shrug:

I've just recently heard that that 4x/year BCP is really bad for you and they don't recommend women who ever want to get preggo to get on it. I knwo that isn't why you only had it 4x/year though. They say that the BCP really messes with your system. :shrug: Hopefully everything works out for you!

Thanks. I was on regular BC pills for 2 or so years- and I really never want to go on it again. It messed me up sooooooo bad. :growlmad:

I hate when instead of addressing underlying hormone issues, drs assume since you're 17-18 (age I was when I first went on the pill) , you aren't thinking about TTC, and they just put you on the pill. :dohh:

I wish I knew then at 17 what I do now at 22- I'd have had my dr look me up and down, inside and out. :winkwink:

I've never seen a second line!!! Have been trying for 2 months and sitting here waiting for evil witch to show up! I feel like she's coming as I have the same sicky feeling as I had last month. We'll see what happens. I'm currently 5 days late but as it'll only be my second period since coming off the pill, I have no idea when she wants to show up!! In my head I know I'm not pregnant but there's a part of me that is still holding out hope for a BFP this month!

I feel the same way Rin.

I got on the shot at 15, had that for 3 years, and it fucked me up so bad! I went off of that and onto several kinds of pills for over a year but I always had breakthrough bleeding and it was awful. Then I went on Nuvaring for a year which I freaking loved. It made me regular, no spotting at all, the first cycle I used it.

But then after I decided to ttc, it took me four months to get AF back and that is because my DR gave me provera to induce it! But he also gave me clomid and last cycle, I had a 27 day cycle. :) It was pretty much amazing.

Anyway, I WISH WISH WISH I would have never gone on any of it. I was sexually active at 15 and being young and stupid, my BF at the time didnt usually wear condoms (bad, I know but we were each other firsts and both clean) so that is why I went on it in the first place but if I had any idea that it would have caused such a problem when coming off of it, it just wouldnt have happened, lol.

I do know I will NEVER go back on it. DH wants me to after we have a child, but nope. Sorry. MAYBE the copper iud since it is non hormonal but idk about that even. my entire family (like I am not joking. my ENTIRE family) had no problems coming off birth control and getting pregnant within a week after stopping to a few months after stopping. That is including my mom and grandma and all my cousins who have had babies. I am the only one. and it sucks!

Tanzi,

yeah this cycle is flying by! Wish it would go a little quicker though! lol. CD10.. high on my monitor and gonna check with the OPKs later. Kinda hoping ovulation is moved up a day though cause that would mean only four days instead of five until ovulation! We are gonna BD tonight and then start everyday on thursday through monday. Gonna be a little tiring! THen next monday, I should hopefully start my 1.5ww!

Aww wow Bug222 - have you told anyone yet or are you keeping it from family and friends for a while?

Hi Flutterly - welcome to the thread. So do you do anything to help pinpoint your fertile time? (like opk's or temping)

TryingFor1 - nice to see you have a B'ding plan in place already, have you been taking any vitamins\supplements this cycle too?

I feel the same way Rin.

I do know I will NEVER go back on it. DH wants me to after we have a child, but nope. Sorry. MAYBE the copper iud since it is non hormonal but idk about that even. my entire family (like I am not joking. my ENTIRE family) had no problems coming off birth control and getting pregnant within a week after stopping to a few months after stopping. That is including my mom and grandma and all my cousins who have had babies. I am the only one. and it sucks!

I feel ya! My entire family is the same and all got pregnant right off BC! Another one just announced! I had it in my head I would be the same then one month went by, then two, and now I am on my third which I realize isn't that many but when everyone else happens in month one it is frustrating!

Good luck and baby dust to you! Hope you get to see the BFP soon!

A few! I take my prenatal, baby aspirin, and also fertilcm. And I have also been drinking a ton of water. When it comes time for ovulation, I am gonna use conceive plus and softcups again. But instead of using softcups directly after, I am gonna lay down for like 20 or 30 minutes after and then use one.

Meanwhile, I bought some 10mui pregnancy tests and some more softcups from early-pregnancy-tests.com! :happydance: I love buying new ttc items! And I went to walmart today and found out they sell 88 cent pregnancy tests now! Heck yes!

I feel the same way Rin.

I feel ya! My entire family is the same and all got pregnant right off BC! Another one just announced! I had it in my head I would be the same then one month went by, then two, and now I am on my third which I realize isn't that many but when everyone else happens in month one it is frustrating!

Good luck and baby dust to you! Hope you get to see the BFP soon!

Thanks! you too! It really is frustrating! First, my cousin jamie announced she was pregnant. Then my cousin Ashlie announced she was. Then my brothers disgusting girlfriend announced she was. And they are all due within a month of each other. This is my sixth month trying! I dont understand why it was so easy for all of them! And I know for a fact none of them tried for more than a month or two cause I know they were all on birth control.

My mom thinks I am a little too young to have babies. She knows I have baby fever though but she wants me to finish school first, which is understandable since I am only a year shy of graduating. Anyway, she keeps saying "dont get any ideas quite yet." And I just want to scream "MOM. I know you and Grammy laughed in my face when I asked if it was hard for either of you to get pregnant. I know I am young but I'm a decision making adult with a HUSBAND! Now, STOP telling me to not get ideas because I got the idea about four months before any of them even thought of going off birth control!"

So far, I am on the only one in my family who has had to take fertility medication. My grammy had a hysterectomy at age 25 and I am TERRIFIED that is going to have to happen to me!

Ah man that is frustrating! How is it that when you are waiting and waiting it seems like everyone else just magically gets pregnant!

That is scary about your Grammy but we have to just try and stay positive! As my husband said to me last night when I was in a panic that it hadn't happened yet - it will happen when it is supposed to (which I wanted to murder him for saying that!) but I guess it is true and we have to try and be patient (even though it sucks!)!

hey Tanzibar - thanks for the encouragement

I don't temp yet - I dread it - I am so lazy and random that I will go all gun-ho and buy all the stuff -- then you have to wake my poor tired @$$ up in the AM (nearly IMPOSSIBLE) and I get up at weird hours - and then I would tell myself that I would write down the temp but I would get lazy and forget

and spend all that $$ for nothing

If they made a thermometer that was affordable that automatically uploaded on to the computer and to an awesome easy to use website and did the charting thing FOR me - we would be in business

really - if no one has invented it yet - why not? I mean it could have like a USB stick in it that saves the info that you plug into your computer -

should I copyrite this and call a company???

I am on CD29 AF isnt due till around CD 36 _IF_ I have an "average cycle" according to mymonthlycycles.com - although my trend has been to get longer each month :< last one being 42 days long......

I dont want to test yet and get yet another BFN :( I am only at a possible post ovulation of 7 days _IF_ I ovulated at all

a little clear window to my inside girly bits would be nice - I could then see what is going on

If they made a thermometer that was affordable that automatically uploaded on to the computer and to an awesome easy to use website and did the charting thing FOR me - we would be in business

really - if no one has invented it yet - why not? I mean it could have like a USB stick in it that saves the info that you plug into your computer -

should I copyrite this and call a company???

You mean like...... this?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

diliapickle - hiya, welcome to the thread. How long have you been trying for? doesn't it just sometimes feel like we're the only ones struggling and everyone else out there gets to the goal in the end? I feel that on occasions!

TryinFor1- good idea about the softcups, I did wonder what if they're used straight after sex but you end up blocking the sperm. You say you've bought new TTC items but have you gone out and bought any baby related stuff yet? xx

Torsornin, they do make thermometers like that already, check out the link below:

https://www.ovacue.com/

It's very expensive and probably cheaper in the long run to buy it all separately. They might make cheaper alternatives elsewhere but the ovacue one is the only one I know about :)

I agree about the window thing, they say the human body is the most advanced "computer" out there yet there it fails at simple things like sperm catching the egg! Fertility Friend does a better job at tracking!!!

MackMomma8 - OMG that link is so awesome, if I wasn't so determined this is my month I might have to go and buy that!!!

I almost want to buy one just to see if they're accurate at all - it comes with 20 strips!!

mackmamma you are my HERO - seriously - if AF shows up again this month - I am totally getting that dooflicky - IF it works - it might show my dr exactly what my hormones are doing all month! (as my OPK are ALWAYS positive) might actually show a surge for me!!! I will actually read up on this dooflicky more :)

Tanzibar - I was thinking a more simple gaget - like mackmamma's pee stick but a thermometer - I saw one on amazon - but it is unavail, and didnt get good reviews

Oh, it's not real!!! I clicked on "buy now" and it took me to a page that told me it was a spoof. :haha:

damn :( that would be cool - no invasive tests to determine my hormone levels :( I hate needles too - and my dr says I am "normal" but refuses to do anything about my PCOS

why CANT someone invent this....

and why do all tests have to be miserable and painful - I dread the tests if I dont get knocked up by the magic "year" marker

*sulks*

TryinFor1- good idea about the softcups, I did wonder what if they're used straight after sex but you end up blocking the sperm. You say you've bought new TTC items but have you gone out and bought any baby related stuff yet? x
\!

No I havent bought any baby stuff yet. I dont want to as I feel like it would jinx me personally. I buy baby clothes or something and then it takes me forever to get pregnant would be just my luck! As soon as I get that bfp, I am going out that day and buying something for my baby though! But just wanna wait for that to happen. :haha:

What about you guys? Any baby stuff yet?

no :bfp: yet, actually just got another :bfn: this morning. it is very frustrating to know that there are so many people out there that can't take care of a child but are pregnant without trying, and I am left wondering if my DH and I will ever get that double line :(

diliapickle - hiya, welcome to the thread. How long have you been trying for? doesn't it just sometimes feel like we're the only ones struggling and everyone else out there gets to the goal in the end? I feel that on occasions!

!

Thanks for the welcome! I have been off BC for 6 months and trying for 3 months. Just got AF though so really :cry: And of course another friend just announced their pregnancy! I am happy for them but at the same time just wanted to cry when they said it happened in the first month without even trying! I know 3 months isn't that long yet but I am impatient! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->