The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

And positive thinking can really be helpful. There is nothing wrong with wishful thinking either. I think it is what we need to have to get us through. I really really do hope you do get what you are wishing for. :hugs:

Mob's! Dh has come round!! Best of luck xx For what its worth if I was trying for a last pinky I would be eating cornflakes, pasta, chocolate and cheese spread sandwiches! This was pretty much what I was living off when we moved to the new house and started our run of the 3 girls, can't wait for your updates!!

The thing I'm mostly struggling with is the eating pattern. I'm used to eating so much more often
I dont know what's going on o wise yet either. I've had a few signs the last few days and am on cd16. I'm so worried that I'm just going to not o. Or have a short lp like last time

I haven't seen you in ages 6lilpigs. How are you?

Good luck motherofboys, the diet was hard for me to follow too and i didn't even do it overly Strickly lol. Hopefully you'll fall fast so you don't have to do it long!

I'm really not feeling positive our sway worked. Lots said girl initially but mainly people I know so they know we are hoping for a girl. I posted on ingender and all but 1 went boy. I really can't decide but think to protect myself it's safer to assume another boy.

Thanks. I'm not going to find out until birth. I won't care once he's in my arms if it is a boy but probably will at 20 wks. I posted a scan pic on previous page, any thoughts? X

Thats fair enough..yes just had a look and i'm really not sure! i think it really could go either way, sorry to sit on the fence. :shrug: has the pregnancy been similar or different to your boys?

Lol thanks. That's my feeling too. So going to lean boy for now I think. It's been a way easier pregnancy, only slightly sick but tired. But my other 2 were diffe too, felt awful with my 1st and ever so sick, 2nd was much better but not as good as this time. It's like I'm get to more tolerant of hormones haha. Only real difference this time is the baby was so still and chilled at the scan I had to go off and have chocolate and caffine to get it moving and be re scanned, never had that at all before the boys were always bouncing around! But could be easily we jump caught him asleep! Thanks for look hun x

Good luck Caro. I'm planning on doing the same. I've never had a surprise and although by number 5 with 4 of the same I guess it won't be that much of a surprise to hear boy again, I'm still going to wait. Just convince myself it's a boy.
I can't clearly see either way on your photo either so I'll still cross my fingers for you.

Thank you hun. I think the sonographer heard me say I didn'twant to know so even for this scan she took a clever aangle. Kinda good, kinda frustrating haha. I loved team yellow with my 2nd , way better than finding out imo, once you'vegone tthrough labour I personally like the baby at the end :). Fx'ed for us both! X

I'm hoping to not get a nub shot. I don't want any kind of clue either way because it will make me more likely to give in and find out.

True. I am left guessing, though the skull shape looks boyish. However my nieces was really quite similar so could be a girl. I'm going on think boy though I think if I can, although it's hard not to have that glimmer of hope in the background! X

I dont think the glimmer of hope fades. I remember going to my 20 week scan, having clearly seen boy parts at 16 weeks, and still thinking they might say girl.
I'll be the same though. Trying to tell myself it's a boy but hoping its a girl.
Here's hoping it's our turn to get girls.

Lol thanks. That's my feeling too. So going to lean boy for now I think. It's been a way easier pregnancy, only slightly sick but tired. But my other 2 were diffe too, felt awful with my 1st and ever so sick, 2nd was much better but not as good as this time. It's like I'm get to more tolerant of hormones haha. Only real difference this time is the baby was so still and chilled at the scan I had to go off and have chocolate and caffine to get it moving and be re scanned, never had that at all before the boys were always bouncing around! But could be easily we jump caught him asleep! Thanks for look hun x

Sounds like my three. First was crazy sick, second wasn't great and third I barely noticed.
Tbh that's why I assumed I was having a third boy.

However a friend had awful sickness with her third after having it mildly with her first two boys. And had a third boy too so really there's no rhyme or reason.

My first 3 pregnancies were so similar. Barely sick and the nauseous feeling had passed by 12 weeks, no cravings, just food aversions. My bump was all up front. I had headaches.
My 4th I had no headaches, was so, so sick for 16 weeks, got a break for 2 weeks then had another couple of weeks of sickness. I had cravings for the first time. And i put on weight everywhere. 2 years later I'm still carrying some of that weight. All those old wives tale quizzes said he should have been a girl ha ha I dont believe any of it now. Even things like the Chinese gender chart was 50/50 for me. I bicarbonate soda test would say boy one time and girl the next. The ring test said girl.

I've had a fair few girl guesses now but it's not based on anything as all just feelings lol. I have no idea. I don't believe the old wives tales either, my 1st should be a girl and 2nd boy but they're def both boys lol. My skin is awful this time though which I've not had before. Time will tell I guess :'). Do frustrating you can't just pick these things without a huge treatment!

11dpo, I'm happy that I appear to have ovulated at a reasonable time and didn't have the issue I did last time of a super short lp. That's one less thing to worry about. I am sad though. I'm already back to my early testing ways. I tested at 10dpo and thought it was a faint positive or evap. I was sure I had seen it within the time frame but it was clearer after the time. It looked thick but I couldn't tell if it had colour. So I went and bought more today but could only get blue dye and had a clear bfn
Sad that I'm definitely out even though it's only the first month, but if I don't even have a squinter on a notorious blue dye then the other one was 100% evap

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in here since I was pregnant but some things have happened recently that have stirred up some feelings.

My nana recently passed away and I saw her a couple of days before she passed, she was in poor health. She had two sons and she was telling me how much she wished she had a daughter. She asked me if I'd ever have any more kids and when I said no she said in a number of words that she didn't feel fulfilled without a daughter and it's a regret, don't make the same mistake...

I spoke to my dad today at the wake and when she was in hospital, again, in poor health she even told my dad that she wished she'd had a daughter. It was brought up in the sermon how much she wanted her children to be girls and how she had no idea what to name them on finding out they were boys.

Part of me is hurt that she told my dad and uncle something like this but the other part of me just can't shake the idea that she's right and I'm going to regret it in old age.

Does that make any sense? I've just rambled. For those who haven't seen me post before I have three boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->