The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I have a 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl. Was happy with what I was given and we were done having babies! I got a very unexpected bfp!! Freaked out for a while. Not sure if it's GD or more of a money issue but I find myself really hoping for a girl this time. We gave away all of DS baby stuff and only have girls stuff and 2 kids will have to share a room.. will make it so much easier if this baby is a girl but all my symptoms are the same as when I had my son so I'm not feeling too hopeful!

I have a 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl. Was happy with what I was given and we were done having babies! I got a very unexpected bfp!! Freaked out for a while. Not sure if it's GD or more of a money issue but I find myself really hoping for a girl this time. We gave away all of DS baby stuff and only have girls stuff and 2 kids will have to share a room.. will make it so much easier if this baby is a girl but all my symptoms are the same as when I had my son so I'm not feeling too hopeful!

I've found symptoms don't really make much difference. My first 3 were pretty much the same, my 4th was the complete opposite and was a 4th boy.
Also my friend had a girl, a boy then another girl. The second girl she had all the symptoms of her son, and another friend had two completely different pregnancies and had two girls.

Yeah a friend who had her third boy last year had a totally different pregnancy and actually became convinced it was a girl. It was even a real late conception
After ovulation which made her think girl too.

Yeah same with me both my pregnancies with my 2 girls were totally different symptom wise, made me think I was having a boy with my 2nd.

Well that does give me hope but if the shettles method has any accuracy I'm out! I know for sure we convieved on ovulation day lol

I've conceived with both girl and boy timing as well. I don't believe in anything like timing it or the number of times you do it etc now

It's definitely interesting hearing everyone's stories. I never knew about the shettles method with my first 2 babies so I'm not sure. I always do those silly fun gender myths and they have been pretty accurate for me so far even though I don't believe in them at all. First time all those silly tests like Chinese gender etc all said boy ND second time girl. This time most points to girl except if I compare symptoms and then the shettles method so I guess we will see in a few weeks.. though I'm still on the fence about finding out gender!

Do you ladies think it's better to find out early and get used to the idea or wait until birth?

Chinese gender for me was 50/50, said boy girl girl boy.
With my first 3 i didn't think it mattered, though I did feel a twinge of disappointment after the scan with my 3rd. My 4th it mattered a lot at I felt that I needed to know and found out at 16 weeks. I thought if I waited til birth it would ruin the moment to hear boy and that I'd risk pnd again. I did spend a lot of my pregnancy praying they were wrong then feeling bad about it and to be honest, wishing it to hurry up and fly past so I could try again for a girl. Next time will be my last baby. I've never had a surprise and I'm not going to find out. I'll wait till birth and just try to convince myself it's a boy.

I'm getting a new baby to keep me occupied soon. A puppy, but he is only 4 weeks old at the moment so can't bring him home until the end of August. And yes, another boy. All our pets have always been boys ha ha

I got a boy guess on a fb group and I just about broke down. This time it's hitting me so hard, everyone in my pregnancy group is having girls and even though I haven't found out yet I'm pretty sure it's a boy. I can't get attached to this pregnancy and that's exactly why we weren't ttc because I didn't want to go thru GD again.

Chinese gender for me was 50/50, said boy girl girl boy.
With my first 3 i didn't think it mattered, though I did feel a twinge of disappointment after the scan with my 3rd. My 4th it mattered a lot at I felt that I needed to know and found out at 16 weeks. I thought if I waited til birth it would ruin the moment to hear boy and that I'd risk pnd again. I did spend a lot of my pregnancy praying they were wrong then feeling bad about it and to be honest, wishing it to hurry up and fly past so I could try again for a girl. Next time will be my last baby. I've never had a surprise and I'm not going to find out. I'll wait till birth and just try to convince myself it's a boy.

I'm getting a new baby to keep me occupied soon. A puppy, but he is only 4 weeks old at the moment so can't bring him home until the end of August. And yes, another boy. All our pets have always been boys ha ha

Haha that's cute I got a puppy right after I had a miscarriage to make me feel better. Worst decision ever! 8 week old German shepherd puppy and my entire house was carpet haha. Ended up ripping out all the carpet and putting in hardwood shortly after! She is 3 now and still crazy but my house wouldn't be the same without all the chaos ;)

I had my 20 week scan this morning and I'm in total shock, we are having...................a BOY!!! I really thought I'd have another girl, I was just sat there in the car going saying in my head "it's a girl" then the same while having the scan. Very shocked but very happy :D

Yay! Congratulations! I think Jamie Oliver was very pleased with his second boy!

Two faint positives today. Kicking myself that I didn't save the second till morning. Lighting is rubbish due to it being dark out but they are pink in real life.

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_3756_zpsl2tlqapz.jpg

Can't believe it, after waiting all this time and having dh start and stop ttc. I really thought it would take years again after ds4.

Really pleased for you :D I hope you get to have your little girl but mainly that you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->