The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

Hoping I can have a water birth so it should be hidden a bit but I'll be sure to let you know! Actually getting more and more determined to do it at home because I have had a lot of negativity from certain people... But also had a lot of positivity yesterday from all the cousins, great aunts and grannies etc so that has made me feel I am doing the right thing and I'll be able to do it.

x

home water birth sounds amazing, I'm still dithering about what I'd prefer

My sister was born at home with a male midwife and waterbirth back in 1988 and filmed by the BBC!

Well there's no rush you can change your mind on what you want up to the last min.
Wow - on the BBC that's cool!
Male midwife puts me off slightly though?

x

You girls will have to let me know if you manage to have a water birth and how it is - I really like the idea of using a pool and they have some at the birth centre I want to use.

Weirdly I'm not sure if I'd like to actually give birth in it, but at least labour in it!

Male midwives don't bother me, I've had a male gynae before :)

MrsGM that is so cool about your sis! What an amazing story to tell!

You can labour in it and get out for the birth ... but I've heard it really helps with all the stretching of the skin, stops stinging, helps you not to tear because it's slower to come out in the water. I've also heard people can't bear to get out once they're in because the contractions are unbearable when you get out.
But again I'll have to let you know.

x

the midwife was also a homeopathic medicine bod that my mum knew so it was all linked

I'm thinking waterbirth but maybe at the hospital...hmm decisions decisions

I'd have liked to go to a birth centre but there isn't one near me and at the hospital you can't guarantee the pool which is what has put me off there.

x

no birth centre near here too, bit concerned as the hosp is very popular

Sounds weird but because we're renting it feels kinda weird having a home birth, also who clears it all up? what happens to the water etc? I'll have a chat with the midwife

Also paranoid about the neighbours being able to hear everything whereas at least in hosp I can have a good old shout about it all

Well the mess is mainly contained in the water, midwife brings kit along with waterproof sheets etc.
We are renting a pool which will be set up ready all filled and heated and then you just set the pump to empty it down the sink. I really didn't fancy Dh having to worry about keeping it the right temp etc. Not sure about how you empty one of the blow up paddling pool type ones with no pump, I am sure someone in the natural birthing/home birthing section will tell you.

I can see why it might feel funny at home if you're renting.

It's just whatever you feel comfortable with. I hate the idea of hospital and medical intervention, some people hate the idea of being at home without doctors.

x

That all makes a bit more sense, terrified of forceps etc so from that point of view homebirth much more appealing and v close to hospital if needed

Will keep thinking :)

Hi ladies :wave: Well AF showed up yesterday, with hideous cramps, dizziness, upset stomach, backache, basically just rubbish all round!! Ah well, roll on next month!

Elhaym - how exciting about you doing midwifery! Its amazing, hard work, but you'll love it

July - Its so annoying not knowing if you've ov'd or not isn't it?! I wish I had a see-through belly sometimes just so I knew what was going on!

Ahh RK I hope your nan feels a little better soon, :hugs: So good that you're planning a homebirth, studies have shown that women who book for homebirth, even if they don't have one, have much less intervention & better outcomes. I'd def do it!!

MrsGM, your sister was famous before she was even born :haha:

aww Dumpling, sorry to hear af has arrived and being rubbish

Is pretty crazy having a home waterbirth on video, mum didn't want it filmed to begin with but then figured she'd like other people to know about the options of homebirths! None of us were 'regular' hosp births

Lx

just had the most amazing moment, was walking along & rubbed my bump and realised i could actually feel something sticking out, so (gently) prodded a bit more and pretty sure it was a foot which then moved

so amazing to actually feel LO from the outside like that!!

Aww that's amazing! How cute that they respond to you :)

Quick question ladies, can you remember how long it took for your maternity exemption card thing to come through? Gave my form in at docs on 3rd june and not had anything yet. It might be normal to take a while but MW didn't say.

Been with OH 8 years today, bloody bell where does the time go? :haha:

congrats on your anniversary, time does zoom past :D

My MW gave me my form when she came round so no help I'm afraid

Your card shouldn't be too long, mine too a couple of weeks I think.

Congratulations on your anniversary, have you planned to do something?

x

hello everybody!

Bit headachy today but otherwise busy but fab

Can't quite believe I'm in 3rd tri tomorrow and LO could be here in 10 weeks or so, eep!

Lx

Oooo yay another friendly face in third tri!

It goes so quick, I am about to be 30 weeks 3/4 of the way there - SCARY!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->