The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

Hello ladies!!!

I've not been on here for a while but it's good to catch up with you all!

RK - I hope your nan is better and they managed to sort out her medication! How is maternity leave treating you??

MrsGM - I could swear I felt a foot yesterday too. I actually think the baby is responding to my belly strokes now, lol.

Elhaym - I think my card took a couple of weeks to come through, so not long at all. Maybe you could double check with your GP's surgery (not sure where you filled in the form)?? Oh and congrats on your anniversary - it's amazing how quickly the time flies by, isn't it?

July/Dumpling (I can't remember who asked now - sorry!!!!) - I've been given antibiotics for my UTI, so I'm hoping it's cleared up now. It's a bit strange because I can usually tell when I have one but this time it didn't feel anything like it. It was more as though beanie was pressing on my bladder and making me go more often and tbh that feeling hasn't really gone, so I'm really keeping my FX that the UTI is not still there....

Apart from that, I'm now suffering from quite bad back ache and since yesterday, heartburn!!! Sooooo uncomfortable!

Anyways - can't remember if I've missed anything out from the previous pages (sorry if I have - I'm brain dead this afternoon).

Hope you're all doing ok!

xx

Hey girls! Thanks Jufer I think ill wait till my scan next week and check then if its still not here!

Well my Sort My Life Out mission is underway! Registered on 2 open uni courses as unis like to see evidence of recent study for midwifery. Subscribed to a journal so i can start reading up on current issues, and most exciting of all I might be abie to get some volunteer work on maternity! Yay!

10 weeks tomorrow, scan next Thurs..... argh just want to know bean is ok!

Happy 3rd tri RK and MrsGM! :)

ooooh, I know I had forgotten something! It's great that you're taking the "plunge" and enroll onto the midwifery course. I know I wouldn't be able to do it - I'm a chicken ;) Good luck with it all!

....and I'm sure your bean is fine! :D

JuFer - thanks for asking, I went with my brother to see my Nana yesterday and she wasn't great but the Macmillan nurse had been around and advised a change on the meds so hopefully that will help She has started a new course of radiotherapy today (providing she was well enough) so hopefully that will relieve some of the pressure caused by the tumor in her back so it's not pressing on anything.
Mat leave is great but I have been sorting out a lot of accounts bits and bobs but that shouldn't take too much longer!

I got a free Nuby Breast Pump with two bottles, breast pads etc in the post today which was great - I thought they'd not got me on the list.

DH has been down to the natural history museum today to take a fossil that he found when we were on holiday which they have asked to keep for a few days whilst their experts do some research on it which is pretty cool. Especially as he has been having an "I'm crap and not worthy" thing going on at the moment due to a few work and money issues.
Elhaym - 10 WEEKS! That has gone quickly (well maybe not for you) , and a scan so soon - hope they do manage to get the NT for you. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so I will see how much weight I have gained again and if bump is still growing lots and is ahead or if it has settled.

x

Yeah I only need to have caught up by a day or two and then they should be able to do the NT scan, if not I guess they'll schedule another one, think they can do it up to 13w6d so should have time. I've read loads of stories of women who were behind early on then caught up, it's only a couple of millimetres that can make the difference! :)

Hope the new meds make your nana feel better RK :hugs:

OOh I am already dreaming of my ML, I hate my job so much it's not even funny, even if I don't get into uni I really don't want to go back - I'd spend the whole of my ML depressed thinking about it and I really don't want that! I'd rather just get a job in a bloody supermarket for a year until I can reapply for uni! At least I can get overtime there and work flexible hours etc! x

Yes it is only a few mm when they're so small and even the technician being slightly out can make a diff. At our first scan (private) there were two measurements taken and although there was hardly any difference in measurement it was 3 days apart.

It's totally not worth being miserable at work you're there for such a large part of your time.

x

I agree, lifes too bloody short. Maybe I'll find out midwifery isnt for me but at least ill know either way and can be happy i tried! :)

Happy prune day to me! :happydance: 6 days till scan, its gone so slowly!

How is everyone today? x

Yay Mrs GM!

Just got back from the midwife, baby is breech today and we felt the babys head, which she bounced like a basketball - quite funny!
My haemoglobin was slightly low at the 28 week blood test so I have a prescription for iron tablets which I can't take at the same time as gaviscon :( because like you JuFer I am suffering from heartburn!
I fundal height was 31cm so still some growth but it has settled down and is only one week ahead now.
Prune - haha that made me laugh when I was a prune, bit of an odd fruit to use I thought, Peach was my fav I think.
x

hello everyone,

hope you had a good weekend?

I had a brilliant weekend, now totally melting at work :(

Hoping to go home as soon as I can as just unbearable

Lx

Hi MrsGM, I had a nice weekend too, went to stay at my mums :)

Lovely day, too bloody hot for work though! I'm glad its meant to cool down by the end of the week but still stay quite nice, perfect festival weather! Yay I'm so excited! Will be very weird going when pregnant and staying sober when everyone else is pissed :haha: still be fun though, its the day after my scan so if all is ok gonna announce it to all my friends there :)

Which festival are you off to?

Had to come home as nearly passed out at work :cry:

Beat Herder, a local one but its getting very popular, amazing atmosphere I love it! Big variety of music and not sponsored so lots of yummy food and drink that doesnt cost stupid prices! :)

Aww chick :hugs: is it the heat? Have a lie down and keep hydrated xx

That sounds like great fun!

Yes it was too hot in my office & felt so faint :(

At home with silly film, bubs is kicking away at least :)

Lx

My haemoglobin was slightly low at the 28 week blood test so I have a prescription for iron tablets which I can't take at the same time as gaviscon :( because like you JuFer I am suffering from heartburn!

Hi RK - that sucks about the iron tablets and your heartburn. I've heard warm milk with honey helps against heartburn temporarily - have you tried that? I'm sure there must be some other home remedies against it out there *goes off to google*....
mmmh, well apparently chewing basil leaves or almonds are meant to help - don't quote me on it though as I've not tried that!
My heartburn has calmed down a little but my backache is much worse :(
We renovated the nursery over the weekend and that certainly didn't help.
My next mw is on the 8th - can't wait to see how much my belly has grown again. It measured 1 cm behind last time and 1 cm ahead the time before that. I can't believe at the end of July I'm off! Not long to go at all!

Hope everyone is doing well!

xx

Hello ladies :wave:
Just popping in to say a quick hello, I've been at work all weekend so appear to have missed all the sunshine, rubbish! Off to London tomorrow to see OH & we're off to watch Arcade Fire & Mumford & Sons in Hyde Park & then Take That on Saturday, can't wait!

Hope everyone's ok, I'm shattered & off to bed now! xx

Oh my it's been really hot and I have had some terrible nights "sleep" ! That plus the final prep of end of year accounts = grumpy RaspberryK! lol
Mrs GM are you feeling OK now?
Elhaym I hope you have a fab time at the festival.
Dumpling I am so jealous of you I wanted to see Take That but couldn't get tickes - I bet I'd feel too tired and hate the crowds at the moment though.
Jufer I do find milk helps and I googled and it said heartburn medicine shouldn't be taken within two hours of any medication because it stops absorption - I guess that my pregnacare hasn't been doing too much good most days when I have had the gaviscon.
I am meeting up with a new friend tomorrow for a cuppa who is due in September as well - she works at the bank where we do the business banking. I am really looking forward to that, it's nice to have someone local who is pregnant and will have a baby the same age.

x

Hi ladies. I'm making the post I wished I never had to make.

I had my dating scan today and my little one had died at 8 weeks, only 1 week after the private scan where I saw the heartbeat. I don't know what to do now, to wait for things to happen or have surgery or what. Just shellshocked.

I wish you all the best girls and I will still be around to see how you are all getting on. You're all amazing. :hugs:

:hugs: Thinking of you girl...

I sent you a message. Really sorry Elhaym.

Hi ladies. I'm making the post I wished I never had to make.

I had my dating scan today and my little one had died at 8 weeks, only 1 week after the private scan where I saw the heartbeat. I don't know what to do now, to wait for things to happen or have surgery or what. Just shellshocked.

I wish you all the best girls and I will still be around to see how you are all getting on. You're all amazing. :hugs:

That's awful, I am so sad for you! I have no idea what I'd do to be honest, maybe wait a while and see what happens? :hugs:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->