The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

:hugs: Nice to see you pop in Elhaym... I'm so sorry you're having a hard time.

We're here if you want to talk about it, but understand if you don't.

It is so hard when you and DH's feelings don't match up... we're still on a break... our situation is of course different, but I think it might be a while before we start trying again.

Hope you're ok xx

Hi ladies, hope you're all OK, was checking back to see if either of you had a baby yet :haha: RK you are so close! Feeling anything yet?

I've been away because I'm not doing so good to be honest... OH wants to WTT for dumb reasons, and it's killing me, I don't know what to do :(

Yes I am hoping it wont be long till my baby arrives, I've had twinges here and there but trying not to read too much into them.

:hugs: Sorry you are not doing so well, like July said we are all here if it helps to talk at all!

x

Big hugs elhaym, men can be such awkward creatures!

Lx

We had a trial run last night with the birth pool :happydance: I am so excited!
DH is working 2/3 hours away including a stretch along the M25 so I am nervous of going into labour today. I've had a lot of period pains again and I think I'll book in for a sweep on Thursday or Friday if nothing has happened.
Are you enjoying your mat leave Mrs GM?

x

all sounds good rasberry, I'm sure your DH will be there for the birth :D

I still seem to have a zillion things to do, lol & actually finishing up something for the day job today *yawn*

Had a good weekend though, my dad & his lady came over and helped out, so the bedroom is now re-arranged, the crib is assembled, I've got all the nappies out and clothes stacked etc
My step-mum cracks me up though, she was asking if we need anything and was joking that I was 'no fun' as she had been looking at nice change bags etc. erm does she really think I'd be nearly 38 weeks and not have these things?!?!?
And then she looked at the clothes and said I only have about a weeks supply of clothes, well that's fine but didn't want to get too much and thought people would want to buy some too?? can't win!!

Might get one of those little swaddling blankets, they look so cute, just about to order baby monitor, otherwise I think we're ready...

*hides behind sofa*

Thinking of you RK :)

Lx

I am sure he'll make it too ... and at least his brother is with him to drive so I wouldn't be worried about ringing him to come home. If he is at his other job in Nottingham it's less of a drive and I think I'd probably wait til he came home because I am worried about him driving too fast and having an accident.
The funny thing is that it is his brothers project who was having his friend help him out and friends girlfriend is due 2 days after me and yesterday evening they rang to say that she was in labour so he couldn't make it to work. THEN I went on facebook and at 11pm she was playing farmville ... so not in labour then? lol
Oh yuck - work! I had some worky things to do last week and once I'd sat down to do it it wasn't soooo bad.
I still had a zillion things to do til last week and we got the rest done yesterday.
Awwww it's so lovely when the baby's room is all done isn't it? I just have some bunting to put up (tonight) and then I should get some piccies on here - YAY! Oh well I forgot we have the stairs up to the nursery to do ... but we'll have to do them every other one so we (or DH) can still get up there but it's really not urgent. I can't do it at the moment as I have a ton of washing again after a couple of rainy days and my SIL bringing a load of odds and sods over to me including a million muslin cloths and some of her lovely organic cotton nappies (which I have to look up how to do a strip wash) oh and that reminds me I will want some nappy pins if I do use them.
I know I have had loads of people say they can lend me a moses basket or offered loads of items and I'm like well I kinda already got them considering I had about a week to go!
I don't have that many clothes (although MIL says I have too many) ... does your step mum not realise that clothes get washed?
I am hoping people get me some outfits as we have all team yellow things and because I expect a big baby only got about 3/4 vests and sleepsuits in newborn and a couple of day time baby grows with no feet - the rest is 0-3.
Those swaddling blankets do look cute, I didn't end up getting one ... but I might get one. My Nana said she just used a sheet though so I might try with that and then if baby likes it get a proper one.
I am planning a nice trip to Milton Keynes with MIL not too long after the birth to get any bits I need and get some clothes that fit. It's the one thing I am struggling with - knowing what's going to fit. I didn't bother with any nursing bra's, I got some cheap crop tops from Primark til I know I can breast feed and also for my boobs to settle - that and the fact that I am still only 1/5 engaged and baby still really high up in my ribs so it throws the back size out.
Wow I really am rambling today ... I do need to get on with a couple of bits and I think I'll have a yoghurt too.
x

Thanks ladies :hugs: I will update with more detail soon when I can think about it properly, I am currently writing all my thoughts down as they are all over the place (carrying a piece of paper in my bag everywhere to add points when they occur to me!) and thinking of doing a nice letter to him as I am crap at communicating well verbally, I end up forgetting my points and getting upset. Do you think this is a good idea? xx

I think it's a brilliant idea, I also get upset and forget my points.
We've done this before and it means we can address each point calmly and actually sort things out rather than get upset or into an arguement.

:hugs:

x

a letter sounds like an idea elhaym, it can be so hard to communicate feelings

Lx

I am sure he'll make it too ... and at least his brother is with him to drive so I wouldn't be worried about ringing him to come home. If he is at his other job in Nottingham it's less of a drive and I think I'd probably wait til he came home because I am worried about him driving too fast and having an accident.
The funny thing is that it is his brothers project who was having his friend help him out and friends girlfriend is due 2 days after me and yesterday evening they rang to say that she was in labour so he couldn't make it to work. THEN I went on facebook and at 11pm she was playing farmville ... so not in labour then? lol
Oh yuck - work! I had some worky things to do last week and once I'd sat down to do it it wasn't soooo bad.
I still had a zillion things to do til last week and we got the rest done yesterday.
Awwww it's so lovely when the baby's room is all done isn't it? I just have some bunting to put up (tonight) and then I should get some piccies on here - YAY! Oh well I forgot we have the stairs up to the nursery to do ... but we'll have to do them every other one so we (or DH) can still get up there but it's really not urgent. I can't do it at the moment as I have a ton of washing again after a couple of rainy days and my SIL bringing a load of odds and sods over to me including a million muslin cloths and some of her lovely organic cotton nappies (which I have to look up how to do a strip wash) oh and that reminds me I will want some nappy pins if I do use them.
I know I have had loads of people say they can lend me a moses basket or offered loads of items and I'm like well I kinda already got them considering I had about a week to go!
I don't have that many clothes (although MIL says I have too many) ... does your step mum not realise that clothes get washed?
I am hoping people get me some outfits as we have all team yellow things and because I expect a big baby only got about 3/4 vests and sleepsuits in newborn and a couple of day time baby grows with no feet - the rest is 0-3.
Those swaddling blankets do look cute, I didn't end up getting one ... but I might get one. My Nana said she just used a sheet though so I might try with that and then if baby likes it get a proper one.
I am planning a nice trip to Milton Keynes with MIL not too long after the birth to get any bits I need and get some clothes that fit. It's the one thing I am struggling with - knowing what's going to fit. I didn't bother with any nursing bra's, I got some cheap crop tops from Primark til I know I can breast feed and also for my boobs to settle - that and the fact that I am still only 1/5 engaged and baby still really high up in my ribs so it throws the back size out.
Wow I really am rambling today ... I do need to get on with a couple of bits and I think I'll have a yoghurt too.
x

hubs cycle commutes so he reckons he'll be home in time, the trouble is he is generally good for nothing when he gets home... :dohh:

hmmm nursing bras, I've got one but the back is too small, I also bought an extender thingy so keep meaning to try it with that

My step-mum is a funny one, she was also suggesting I wear nipple shields at all times?!?!? Never heard of this...

Bit crampy and sooooooo bored of this work *stamps feet*

Lx

Yeah mines usually too knackered to speak for the first little while. He has to sit down and have a drink then a shower/get changed and then food. THEN he sometimes comes out of his "work coma" or sometimes not.
Lol at the nipple shield comment, that's funny.
I've done hardly anything today - need to get a wriggle on. Don't want to go into labour with a massive pile of washing up!
Hope your cramps wear off, I've got some and I hope mine get bigger. Lol
x

not got much done today either, EVERYTHING is more interesting than this work...

spent lots of time considering sheepskins, swaddling and nappy bins :rofl:

might have a micro nap as pretty tired too, my sleep over the weekend was hideous

Lx

Ooo I've been given one of those tommee tippee nappy bins for when I use the disposables for the first couple of weeks - looks really good.
I also have the bambino mio one for my cloth nappies.
Sheepskins look like a good idea, I hadn't heard of using them til I saw it on a thread here, might be something to consider.
x

:kiss: Evening girls...

I just popped in to see that there were no updates RK! Thinking of you lots...

Nursing bras, randomly, is one thing my sister seems to have bought quite a few of since baby was born... that makes a lot sense waiting to see how it goes with breastfeeding.

Mrs GM, I agree with RK, clothes get washed! No need to worry, if you need more, you can always get some after baby is here.

Elhaym, sounds like you are processing well. Hope it goes well talking to your man once you've sorted out your thoughts.

I've had a so so day.... I phoned the doc's this morning for cd21 blood results... answer... 'doesn't confirm ovulation'

Felt a wee bit upset this morning, but I'm ok, think I'll probably just get the doc to go ahead and refer me to try and start finding out what's happening. Although doesn't seem like we'll be trying for some months anyway.

Even if you don't start trying at least you'll know what is going on and it may influence the decision you make.
How is your OH feeling about things?
x

Big hugs July, hope you get some answers soon!

How are you doing raspberry?

My tummy feels like a bag of spanners today!
Totally stunned yesterday, my sister is thinking about coming to stay after hubs has finished paternity leave & now my Mum would like to come with her!
Never in a zillion years thought she'd come and stay, she has MS and is not always in the best shape and can be very hard work, I have no idea what to say, still trying to figure out how I feel about it all!

Period pains all day, had my first stretch and sweep this afternoon which wasn't too uncomfortable, 1cm dilated not quite 2cm but still managed the sweep.
Midwife said I was measuring massive - eeekkk, I thought I'd be having a big baby but she did say if the midwife that came to me in labour thought it was too big they would advise hospital delivery :cry:
Hoping that I will go into labour soon but I have two appointments booked up for Thurs and Sat just in case I don't.

I think it might feel a bit like an invasion of privacy and if you have people stay early on before you have your routines established and are totally confident with your baby it can actually be a hindrance rather than a help. Especially if they are not the type to be independent. Some people like to help with the baby when what you actually want is for people to help with shopping and housework and leave you to look after the baby. You will also need to try and nap when the baby naps and this might feel odd when you have visitors.

If it was me I'd say no but I guess it depends on the relationship you have with them.

x

fingers crossed that you still get your homebirth, one of the best things I've read is that you'll end up with the birth that is right for you and baby :)

The more I think about it I'm thinking maybe they should come up after the first 6 weeks, really not sure I can cope otherwise!
It's kinda tricky talking to hubs about it as we don't have his Mum and I'm very conscious of that

Been having what I think is BH all day, getting a bit uncomfy and the biggest kick earlier!!

Lx

Morning ladies...

Just popping in to see how things were going! Thinking of you RK, hope everything goes the way you want it :hugs:

You too Mrs GM, hope you're feeling ok today. For what it's worth, I'd maybe wait and see too how you're feeling after baby's here, before you decide on visitors or not.

Have a good day all!

thinking I might try and stall visitors even beyond the 6 week mark, just not sure I'll be able to cope! (hubs still doesn't get this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->