The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

Yep it seems great so far.
To fit the car seat there are two clips which ping out of the side of the chassis when you press a button which you have to click in place then line up the bar at the front with an indent under the car seat and just click it on. You have to be quite firm with it. Then to take off there's a bit at the back which you just pull up and lift off with the handle.
The carry cot goes on to the same clips but without the bar on the pushchair and to lift off you just click the button and lift off with the handle.
The mechanism to lay the pushchair flat bit is smooth.
The pushchair folds easily and fairly compact and the handles are multi height, can't believe how soon I get to use it! Quite excited.

x

ooh I think you've convinced me, sounds easy enough, and the price is great and it comes with everything :thumbup: I actually spotted it months ago when we first started NTNP and it's been hovering in my mind ever since! :D

Aww just think of your tiny LO in it in a few months! Mad isn't it? x

It's great there are a couple of downsides since seeing everyone else ... the pushchair part only faces forwards, the lay flat carry cot is not suitable to use in the car - I know a few can be strapped into the car and used instead of a car seat for long journeys. The car seat doesn't clip into a base but uses the seat beat. None of these things bother me and it's easier for me that the car seat can go in anyone's car.
I was looking at the couple in the cheaper price bracket on the kiddicare website, I liked the brightly coloured ones. Initially I was looking at the Obaby (cheapest on there) but it didn't come with a carry cot and the compatible one was expensive. Same with a couple of the others and although they lay flat I didn't think baby would be as cosy or protected in just the pushchair layed flat.
The Hauck shopper didn't look quite as sturdy and when folded was longer and slimmer and I wasn't sure it's fit in my little car.
It's crazy really to think I am going to be responsible for a little person.
x

I'm finding the prospect of being responsible for a tiny person quite scary too

:argh:

Yeah, I don't mind the pushchair facing outwards as by the time they're using the pushchair on it['s own they'll be facing out anyway. I didn't even know some carrycots could be used in a car! And I agree it's good the car seat can be clipped into any car rather than needing a specific base. :D

I do like the idea of getting a sling or carrier too, babywearing has always appealed to me, though it wouldn't always be practical! But I want to try it some of the time :)

Ha me too MrsGM, such a foreign concept right now :wacko:

I've just been looking at carriers on the kiddicare website. So far I like the look of the babasling for around the house, I think it'll be essential for getting on with housework.
Not sure if hubby would be comfortable wearing this out and about, I imagine he would prefer a carrier with two straps.

x

I'm finding the prospect of being responsible for a tiny person quite scary too

:argh:

Yes definitely scary, I am used to babys but wondering if I am actually going to know what to do with my own!

x

very little baby experience for me!

Planning on a sling too, figured it'd be great round the house and I can carry on making my jewellery whilst they're having a good old snooze

Seems like we are all on the same wave length on a lot of things. Someone said to me about a sling making a baby clingy and they should be in their moses basket/bouncer/play gym so they don't get used to being held all the time - they've just come out of a comfy belly it seems cruel to me.
I know I wont want to put baby down/have baby in a different room for a little while.

x

I agree totally RK - babies are more relaxed and happy when they are close to you, it causes release of hormones from the contact and your smell! Plus feeling safe and knowing you are always there for them means they grow up more independent and confident, IMO :) years ago there was no such thing as prams anyway, and women wore their babies all the time while they worked!

It is nice we all seem to be on the same wavelength about things! Great mind think alike :winkwink:

Defn!

It must be so weird for them to arrive in the world and not be all so cosy anymore

I figure for sleeping to begin with a sling won't do them any harm

How's everyone doing?

Bit sleepy but busy morning, was at another site where i used to work (hubs is still there) and EVERYONE wanted to see bump and talk about bump which was lovely as my current work are sooooooo boring

Hello ladies! I'm back.... sorry, it's been a bit crazy at work and have had little time to come on here and post properly, although I have been reading your posts.
I'm doing fine today - hubby has given me a minor cold but I already feel better than yesterday. I'm looking forward to Yoga again tonight - I joined a few weeks ago and it is really good fun not just for meeting other mums-to-be.
Apart from that there's not much happening at the moment really. Dh and I are thinking of visiting one of the Mamas and Papas outlet stores over the weekend - have any of you been? I might also consider starting to decorate the nursery - don't wanna leave it too late. Not that I be doing much of the decorating but I'm better than dh in cutting in the corners ;)
What's everyone up to today?

I am going back to my old work for a visit when I finish next week, they'll be all interested in the bump too .... love the attention!
Yes Yoga - I need to start that ... and aqua natal. When I am not working I wont mind going in the evening I just hate rushing from work to get dinner and go out and end up having a late night!
Tired today, had 3 late nights in a row so I am def getting to bed early tonight. Just tying up all the loose ends at work so that it's easy for the lady covering me.

x
x

yoga sounds fab, looked for pregnancy yoga classes but couldn't find any local ones :(

well had a definate response to sound yesterday, a motorbike, told them not to get any ideas :haha:

also had my eye check up and slightly more short-sighted and extra dry eyes, gotta love those hormones!

Popped into mothercare and couldn't resist a couple of bodysuits and a shorts and t-shirt all in one, so cute!!

Lx

I really want to start yoga in 2nd tri, I'm going to get a DVD I think, this one has great reviews:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pregnancy-...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1306326525&sr=1-1

I never do much exercise but I do want to start, I have an incentive to get fit now :)

Argh MrsGM I die at the cuteness of the little clothes, was looking through my catalogue last night and just.... OMG :cloud9:

ooo a yoga dvd is a good idea, might get one for when I'm not working anymore :D

The little clothes are so cute, first ones I've bought which are a bit more gender specific too!

Still pretty surreal holding them up in the shop and thinking not long til I've got a little person to dress, eek

I asked my midwife about local aquanatal and yoga, she told me where they were on.
I will prob get a DVD too and a birthing ball.

x

Well, so much for Yoga - my bl**dy train broke down on the way home yesterday and I missed the class :cry:
I considered buying a DVD as well but I thought attending a class would give me a better chance of meeting other mums-to-be and I do like the social bit of it. I would like to do aquanatal classes as well but I couldn't find any near my home either. I should actually ask my midwife - good point Raspberry.

My friend had a birthing ball RK and swore by it, I'm definitely getting one! Apparently they tend to come in 2 sizes and she recommends the bigger size, they're comfier and easier to sit on :)

Aquanatal sounds good too, it'll be weird though ive not been to the pool for years! Don't even have a costume, ha :) I'm sure they do it at my local one.

Oh jufer, bloody public transport! What's the class like? I'm a yoga noob so interested in what to expect! I assume its pretty gentle stuff for pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->