The NTNP Graduates - pregnant ladies of 'I'm finally here!'

I really enjoy the class Elhaym. Our "teacher" does the normal yoga poses but slightly adapted to suit our bigger bellies ;) Yoga in general focuses a lot on breathing I think, and it definitely helps you to relax. I was a complete novice as well (apart from the odd Wii Fit game ;) ) but it's really easy to follow. I'd definitely recommend it.

I've been meaning to get a birthing ball as well but have not got around to it yet. I've also found them to be quite expensive in the few magazines that I saw them in but maybe that's just me :shrug:

I am currently looking at buying a maternity costume... not much about that's nice as well as not too expensive... next have sold out but might look at mothercare in a bit more detail later coz they have a lot of 3 for 2 at the mo.
I didn't know the balls came in two size ... it did know they have some antiburst ones which are more expensive than the others and they are the recommended ones. Where have you all checked out for them?
Gah! Public transport - I hate it and really only use it when there is NO other option.
x

They're not too bad on Amazon/Ebay. The 65 cm is the bigger size I think. £15/20 or thereabouts :)

Hey ladies! :wave: how're we all doing tonight? I've just spent a couple of days with my preggy bestie & have come home utterly broody! Doesn't help that I think I'm due to Ov this wknd! I've started on the pink grapefruit juice. Has anyone tried it? I thought I might as well give it a bash, it won't do me any harm!

Is the ball on Amazon a birthing ball or a fitball? Any kind of big exercise ball is fine, I've seen them in tescos for £10 or so I'm sure. Can't wait to do aquanatal & pregnancy yoga - damn you empty uterus! :haha: Is anyone planning on doing NCT classes or anything?

xx

What's the grapefruit juice meant to do? I was on pregnacare conception and I am sure it helped https://www.vitabiotics.com/Pregnacare/conception_productinfo.aspx meant to do loads to encourage conception as well as containing the folic acid.

x

Did any of you ladies get a private scan? I can't remember :blush: I'm thinking of booking one for 8 weeks, there's a place in Leeds with great reviews and reasonably priced. I know it's not really necessary but I honestly don't feel I can wait another 6/7 weeks, and with my lack of symptoms I'm not convinced there's anything in there at all :haha:

RK I think some people say grapefruit juice is good for CM! The extra fluid intake will certainly help anyway :)

Yeah I had a private scan at 9 weeks £50, very reassuring esp as midwife said scan is anything between 11 & 14 weeks ... here are the pictures so you know roughly what you'll see - it's like a lil bean!

x

Attachments

• First Scan 1.jpg
    First Scan 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1
  • First Scan 2.jpg
    First Scan 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2
  • First Scan 3.jpg
    First Scan 3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
  • First Scan 4.jpg
    First Scan 4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
OMG amazing pics hun! I know it doesn't look like a proper baby shape at that stage but just the fact you can see the head and body and heartbeat is amazing! I think if I see bean it will actually help me accept he/she is real. :haha:

Well I booked it for a week on Saturday when I'll be 8 weeks! Really nervous all of a sudden, I really hope LO is ok!

Yes it did help me and DH too, Pic 2 shows a cross section through the baby and the wavy line with the arrow is the heartbeart.
I hope everything is OK too, there are lots of scare stories and 1st tri can be very negative sometimes but don't forget there is more chance of everything being OK than there being a problem.

x

:wave: Hey girls..

Thought I'd just pop in and say hi... not so much fun talking to myself in NTNP :)

I'm due in a few days... I'm imagining all kinds of symptoms as usual... my boobs get really sore every single month so that's nothing new. A few times this week I've felt a bit sick at work, but I'm pretty sure it's just tiredness/ not eating the right food. So, not getting my hopes up. BFN this morning.

How are you all? Nice to read your pregnant chatter :) Seems like you're all getting ready for your bubbas arriving!

Your pics are lovely RK :) Can't believe how far on you are already!

xx

Don't count yourself out yet July, I had practically no symptoms, it was just lack of AF on the day she was due that made me test. Keeping fingers crossed for you :hugs:

:hugs: Thanks Elhaym...

I know it's not impossible but I just don't want to get my hopes up... I have 'symptoms' most months!

How are you doing?

It seems to go very fast these days, the first trimester is a drag!
FX for BFP.
Last day at work today, my team got me a HUGE bunch of flowers and we ate cake all day Mmmmm.
Really hoping to get the house ship shape now before baby arrives and spend some time with my Nana who has terminal cancer.

x

I'm OK thanks July, sorry tried to reply yesterday at work but comp kept freezing! Hope that witch stays away :hugs:

RK I am so jealous, no work! Ah what a lovely feeling it must be! :D

I'm so sorry about your nanna, my nanna died 6 years ago now from renal cancer. It's a horrible disease and always takes those who deserve it the least, she was a phenomenal woman. :( Sending my love. :hugs:

It's great not to have to think about work.

It's really awful, somehow getting her when she'd just finished 2 years nursing her mother in law... Only 70, slim and fit - I can't make sense of it to be honest, just have to be thankful for the time I have left with her.

She practically brought me up as my mum went back to work full time when I was a very young baby and then I lived with her for a bit when my parents split up so we are very close.

x

Yup. So bloody unfair. My nanna was only 66, really young at heart and full of life and love. To see the cancer just take away that amazing woman - I still feel so angry about it. Make the most of your time with her, I'm sure she'll appreciate it :D

I also lived with my nan for a bit and used to stay over every weekend. Miss her every single day. Life really is cruel hun. I'm really sorry love. :hugs:

It's great that you understand ... I am trying to keep positive at the moment but I know I'll fall apart after she has gone.

What are you planning this weekend? DH working today but not late and then he is not working til Weds (hopefully) first time he's had more than 1 day off in ages.

x

:hugs:

We're going to buy a new fish tank today because ours is leaking! Big patch of water on the floor! Arrgh! I also need to do a load of washing and tidy up, felt like crap after work yesterday so got in my pjs when I got home and did bugger-all :haha: Not paid until Tues so I'm skint, so quiet weekend really.

You up to anything much with DH? x

I've done nothing yet, feeling tired ...will get off my backside in a bit and do some washing up and a load of washing.
We are going to our friends across the road later to watch iron man 2 (watched 1 last night with them), MIL birthday lunch tomorrow, hopefully a lazy bank holiday Monday at home and some DIY Tues.
I got paid on Thurs so I am looking at getting a tankini from mothercare and some other bits on 3 for 2, got some nice stuff off ebay through the post BNWT, there's a 20% off New Look voucher code plus free delivery code going around 2nd tri so I am poss getting a maxi dress from there.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->