The Official Butts Out,quit smoking Thread

For all of you that are trying to quit, good for you! It's definitely one of the hardest things I ever did, but I'm so happy I did!

I smoked for about 17 years (I started way too young, well I never should have started at all), met my husband over 8 years ago and shortly after we met we weren't doing anything to prevent it because we both wanted a baby.

Anyhow, we both quit smoking in November 2008 (almost 2 years ago) and at the beginning of June (2009) I found out I was pregnant.

What I'm getting at though is that it took a couple of months but after 7 years I was finally pregnant and I truely believe that it was quitting smoking that did it.

Good luck to all of you, you're doing such a great job! I hope you all get your BFP soon!:hugs:

I would like to join you ladies!! I read about the ICY white nicorette gum, sorry but cant remember who mentioned it on here but anyhow, went straight to walmart to get it and I am getting ready to smoke my last one. I will use the gum just as directed and hope I can follow the 12 week program sucessfully!!!

BTW, i will be starting the gum first thing in the morning...it will be double hard though because AF is due!!

wow congrats hun ill add ur nae to the list :)
2nd day of no smoking :yipee:

Great thread!
I recommend Nicotine replacement for anyone finding it difficult to quit. I'm not sure whats available in other countries but nicotine patches are magical. I started using them before I quit, and I was down to smoking only one or two each day. So I barely noticed when I gave them away for good. I gave away the nicotine patches only a few days later, but there is no need for anyone to do this. You can stay on the patches for months if you need to. A nicotine inhaler is helpful too.

hws everyone doing?
Im sooooo proud of myself! No smoking :) yey
was difficult as had job interview which was but nerve wracking!

Get my champix tomorrow and i'm starting them straight away.. I'm going to stop on day 12 of taking them i think so is it ok if i stick around even tho i haven't stopped yet?? Hope so. Well done to all you quitters,ur doin so well. I'm a wimp i can't do cold turkey lol!!

not so well :blush:

but have cut down alot still waiting for a doc appointment:growlmad:

well done realruby course u can stick around.....im really struggling to butterfly24 but shall not give in.how many cigerettes do u/used to smoke?
I poped to chemist just now get nicorette inhaler b4 i killed someine lol
awww i feel better now. x

well done realruby course u can stick around.....im really struggling to butterfly24 but shall not give in.how many cigerettes do u/used to smoke?
I poped to chemist just now get nicorette inhaler b4 i killed someine lol
awww i feel better now. x

i used to smoke 20 a day but have reduced that right down to 5 i go on holday to see my family in germany in 2 weeks, my folks will be there too none of them know i smoke so i will have to have nipped it in the bud by then ha :wacko:

well done everyone :) I failed :cry: it's so hard when the DH smokes too.. going to try again next week too much stress at the mo

awww :hugs: its ok just try again.im still not smoking.....itll be my 5th day tommorow :)
tbh if dh smoked id prob not be able to give up x

that doesn't help with me either we were supposed to give up together

exactly thats what i've been telling him lol going to have a proper chat with him tonight see if i can get through to him

Oh I have tried with mine so much but he won't give up, he said he would think about it if we weren't pregnant by xmas that would be 4 cycles worth...

im really struggling today.tbh if oh wouldnt go mental id have just the one tonite :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->