the official depo thread!!!

went to A&E at 9pm was there till 4am *yawn* Had a urine test no infection still BFP, internal exam showed cervix closed. 12noon today went to the EPU bloods taken urine taken still BFP scan had internal and external showed a sack but nothing else so its to early or going to be a mc.. but since i could only be 5-6weeks im thinking just a sack would be normal since they dont like to scan before 7-8weeks. another internal exam cervix still closed less blood.. Go back saturday morning for new bloods to be taken should find out same day the overall results, if they have doubled i will have another scan there next week ish

well my levels have dropped had blood taken again today waiting for the results but since the levels have dropped this test is only to ensure i am able to mc alone and dont need any help to.

So

Time on DEPO; 6months
Last shot due; Dec 09
BFP since DEPO; Dec 10 :angel:

hey, i was just getting used to the idea that flow was gonna take a good year to come back after it ran out in the middle of august and guess what.... she came 2 days ago only 4 months late.... soooo i was just curious does that mean im gonna ovulate this month???????? and if i am, does that mean it will be pretty much around xmas day????? thanks :)

Hi Ladies!! I have been looking for a thread about depo!

Time on depo: 3 years
End date: April 2010
Time it took AF to come back: 3 months
Time it took to regulate: 2 months
bfp: i'm working on it! :)

So i'm not quite sure if it's regular. Well it's 27 days apart from Oct-Nov and from Nov-Dec so that's good but it's only like 2 days long. Is that a side effect from coming off depo? I have been trying to figure that out why it's so short! I had crazy bleeding for weeks at a time until it regulated. I know I am blessed that I haven't had so much trouble getting it regular but I'm still nervous about fertility from it. I am pretty positive I have low progesterone because my temps are low before and post O. So I started this herbal supplement called maca root this cycle. It's a supplement to help balance hormones without putting other artificial hormones into my body. So i'm really hoping it works! I'm also worried I'm not Oing because people say that's a big thing but I do get positive opks and my temp does rise after O so that's a good thing too right?
I'm very sorry to hear the troubles other ladies have gone through and waiting for AF to regulate. I have my Fx'd for all of you!!

:dust:

hey, i was just getting used to the idea that flow was gonna take a good year to come back after it ran out in the middle of august and guess what.... she came 2 days ago only 4 months late.... soooo i was just curious does that mean im gonna ovulate this month???????? and if i am, does that mean it will be pretty much around xmas day????? thanks :)

Yes you could well do! I would buy some Ov tests and test from day 10 and see what happens :) good luck!

So i'm not quite sure if it's regular. Well it's 27 days apart from Oct-Nov and from Nov-Dec so that's good but it's only like 2 days long. Is that a side effect from coming off depo? I have been trying to figure that out why it's so short! I had crazy bleeding for weeks at a time until it regulated. I know I am blessed that I haven't had so much trouble getting it regular but I'm still nervous about fertility from it. I am pretty positive I have low progesterone because my temps are low before and post O. So I started this herbal supplement called maca root this cycle. It's a supplement to help balance hormones without putting other artificial hormones into my body. So i'm really hoping it works! I'm also worried I'm not Oing because people say that's a big thing but I do get positive opks and my temp does rise after O so that's a good thing too right?
I'm very sorry to hear the troubles other ladies have gone through and waiting for AF to regulate. I have my Fx'd for all of you!!

Welcome Kiki :wave:
I'd say that if you're consistently staying at 27 days with only 2 day bleeds.. that could very well just be your normal cycle now (I'm jealous !!!!). Also, if you get positive opks and then a temp dip.. you're looking good. Opks detects the LH surge telling the eggy to release and then the temp spike confirms that it actually did.. so the two together are very promising :thumbup:
Good luck hun xx :dust:

Welcome Kiki :wave:
I'd say that if you're consistently staying at 27 days with only 2 day bleeds.. that could very well just be your normal cycle now (I'm jealous !!!!). Also, if you get positive opks and then a temp dip.. you're looking good. Opks detects the LH surge telling the eggy to release and then the temp spike confirms that it actually did.. so the two together are very promising :thumbup:
Good luck hun xx :dust:

I would love it if it was my normal cycle now! haha. I just didn't know if was short because of the depo. O-well I will go with it! Yes positive opks and a temp rise after suspected O so I think it's good!

Thank you!! : ) Good Luck to you too!

Hey all!

I've been stalking this thread for a while. The desire to gush over weird menstrual symptoms finally got me to join.

Time on depo: ~12 years
End date: May 2010 (last shot)
Time it took AF to come back: 3 months
Time it took to regulate: unknown
bfp: never

I starting taking Depo Provera for birth control in college, probably back in 1998. It was perfect! It turned off my periods completely and I loved that! I took a year long break back in 2006 when I moved to Texas and didn't date for about a year. When I started seeing someone, I went right back on it.

I got my last shot right before getting married in July 2010, with my GP giving me a prescription for 3 months of Trinessa (generic Ortho-Tri-Cyclen) which she said was to help regulate me. At the time, my husband-to-be and I knew we wanted children, but we weren't sure when we'd be ready to start trying. I started the pills in August and got a very light of AF right on the pills schedule each of those 3 months.

Since I'm 31 and he's 30, we decided to stop BC and start trying to conceive after the 3 months ended. I was feeling positive despite the decade on Depo because I'd bled every month on schedule.

November was our first month TTC. We BD'd every other day during the 2 weeks surrounding the day I should have ovulated according to the 14 day guidelines. AF (light as usual) arrived on schedule and BFN. We shrugged and continued.

This month, our second, we had just started the BD routine again when about CD10 I started spotting again. On CD12 it was heavier than any of the AF's I've had since stopping Depo. Today is CD14 and I'm still spotting.

Anyway, all of this has me worried and jumping at the internet. Should we just step back and see if this is part of regulating? Write-off this month as a loss and try OPK's for the next month or so to see if my cycle has adjusted around? Anyone else experienced something like this?

I know the answers to all these questions are "Yes", but it helps to hear it. It helps to know that everyone here has experienced the same specialized doubts and fears.

Time on depo: 4 years
End date: April 2010 (last shot)
Time it took AF to come back: August (had 2)
Time it took to regulate: After the 2 in August regular
bfp: never

I am so glad you started a depo thread!! I have been dying to ask others about their depo experience!

Time on Depo: 9 years
Last injection: June 2007
Time to get normal AF: very next cycle
BFP: working on it for the last 3 months

A few things I have always been curious if others can relate:

-Now that I am off depo I have shorter cycles than before. They are only 3-4 days instead of 5-6.
-Facial hair growth (ugg!)
-I now have severe arthritis - but didn't feel so bad when on depo, thinking that depo erither caused it or the hormones make it feel better

I liked depo, I mean, the whole non-period thing was great! I had forgotten what women's sanitary items even looked like! But I always have wondered if my side effects are from that length of time of being on depo. Who knows, right? With all of the side effects listed with every medication available today!

Anyone else?

I am so glad you started a depo thread!! I have been dying to ask others about their depo experience!

Last injection: June 2007
Time to get normal AF: very next cycle
BFP: working on it for the last 3 months

A few things I have always been curious if others can relate:

-Now that I am off depo I have shorter cycles than before. They are only 3-4 days instead of 5-6.
-Facial hair growth (ugg!)
-I now have severe arthritis - but didn't feel so bad when on depo, thinking that depo erither caused it or the hormones make it feel better

I liked depo, I mean, the whole non-period thing was great! I had forgotten what women's sanitary items even looked like! But I always have wondered if my side effects are from that length of time of being on depo. Who knows, right? With all of the side effects listed with every medication available today!

Anyone else?

after the depo i noticed more hair down there :blush: urgh and i developed hair below belly button.
i also have arthritis thats got worse in my hands.
I also found i have more spots around my jaw :(

Last injection: April 08
went on implant for 1 year
Time to get normal AF: feb 09
BFP: never

I wonder if we could start a new "Official Thread" since the person who started this one is now prego and nobody seems to be running it? I would be happy to run it and maintain the list.

I wonder if we could start a new "Official Thread" since the person who started this one is now prego and nobody seems to be running it? I would be happy to run it and maintain the list.

If you decide to start a new thread, could you post the link in here pleease ? I'd be happy to join :thumbup:

I made a new thread b/c I so many people that were here have left.

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...l-depo-thread-jan-mar-2011-a.html#post8452066

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->