the official depo thread!!!

im soo confused today im CD 12, yesterday about 11:50pm i had some blood WTF!!??? i hate depo just as i thought my cycles where getting normal.. It does not feel like a period but its enough to wonder what the hell is going on

Time on depo= 3months (1 shot)
from = July 2009 - Oct 2009
AF Return= Never went away!!

My cycles have always been around 34 days average so whilst on Depo for 3 months AF arrived around the right time, when depo ran out my first cycle was 95 days :( take a look at My TTC Journal link in my signature for my list of cycle's over the past year!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE they have been :wacko:

My last 3 cycles are now back to normal (33days,36days and 32days) and the last cycle was the first cycle that I OV'ed during since ending depo :):happydance::thumbup:

Fingers x'd for :bfp: very soon

:dust: to eveyone :dust:

I had one shot of depo back in June 09 after a miscarriage
It ran out August 09

Af Returned November 09

Still trying for baby no.3. Af ranges from 28 days to 69 days. Ovulation is rubbish. I was never told about the side effects of depo.

I wish this thread didn't have to exist, meaning none of us received this evil, evil shot !! Anyways, here's to TTC after depo ! :dust:
Quick story, I've been pregnant after depo before, but had an ectopic.. but a positive after depo.. is a positive. I went on the shot afterwards (stupid stupid of me !!!) I'm TTC again, so I'll begin from the most recent depo shots I've had for less confusion of others and myself lol

Time on depo - 2 shots, 2nd shot 6w early due to non stop bleeding (total of 4 and a half months on the shot)

End date- October 14th

Time af took to come back- spotted same day shot was due for a week then got heavier for a week (af?? who knows), spotted a few times since then

Time af took to regulate- still waiting to see... :dohh:

God when i read back on this thread it seems like I have been on Depo for the longest time of anyone:cry:, and thats bloody scary :( can i have a whole truckload of baby dust sent round to my house please???

I was on it in my 20's for 4 years then again when i met hubby for 2/3 (cant quite remember) seems like im doomed after reading this:nope:

So you guys who only had 1 or 2 shots of it, count yourself lucky!!!

God when i read back on this thread it seems like I have been on Depo for the longest time of anyone:cry:, and thats bloody scary :( can i have a whole truckload of baby dust sent round to my house please???

I was on it in my 20's for 4 years then again when i met hubby for 2/3 (cant quite remember) seems like im doomed after reading this:nope:

Hey Dressage :winkwink: Don't get yourself too down, I don't think it matters how many shots you did or didn't have. I've come across a few sites that say, even just after one shot, you might not regulate for 12-18 months. I don't think our odds are much better than yours hun :hugs:
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: and much more to us all

Hey Dressage :winkwink: Don't get yourself too down, I don't think it matters how many shots you did or didn't have. I've come across a few sites that say, even just after one shot, you might not regulate for 12-18 months. I don't think our odds are much better than yours hun :hugs:
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: and much more to us all

I thought just having the 1 shot would be fine and things would be back to normal faster than it has been. When I said that to my doctor she said it didn't make much difference if it was 1 shot or 10 really.

There seems to be so many different things said from 1 doctor to another though so who knows what is right and what is wrong...... I just think Depo should be banned or at the very least a warning should be given before having it. Infact give all the details about fertility issues you may get when you decide to TTC 24 hours before you actually go ahead with the jab!!

Thanks ladies, puts my mind at rest at least a bit!

My cycles are fairly regular now, so fingers crossed all ok....are there longer term side effects to the Depo, or is all normally ok once its out of your system??

xx

My cycles are fairly regular now, so fingers crossed all ok....are there longer term side effects to the Depo, or is all normally ok once its out of your system??

xx
Pretty sure that once it's completely out of your system and you're back to normal cycles, you're in the clear and there shouldn't be any long term effects :thumbup:, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong xx
:dust:

xx
Pretty sure that once it's completely out of your system and you're back to normal cycles, you're in the clear and there shouldn't be any long term effects :thumbup:, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong xx

Fingers crossed:thumbup:
thanks xx

xx

Fingers crossed:thumbup:
thanks xx

its good cycles are regular however just because you get period ontime every month doesnt mean your ovulating.
i expect youll be fine though:happydance:

youll be fine hun :)
im still hopeful everymonth altho i know my period will start today judging by mu chart :cry:

Hey ladies :wave:
How's everyone making out ?
I'm still waiting on af so I can start on a fresh cycle :dohh: I thought I was due Friday, but apparently not. I hate the waiting game.. I wish she'd just show her ugly face so I can move on and have an idea where my cycles are :cry: Doesn't help that I have to POAS every few days, have to catch another pregnancy right away to rule out ectopic .. depressing seeing those :bfn: so often
:dust to all: .. bring on the :bfp:s !!!

Hi hon:flower:

Not doing to bad, lots of :sex: at the mo and then the waiting game starts:wacko: so we will see!!

xx

Dressage, I might end up joining you in TWW ... Fx !!
I'm having pinching and pressure on my right side, started last night after :sex: , thought it was just from that, but POAS today and got a clear but faint line on OPK, totally unexpected as my cycle is so messed and thought af was due Friday :wacko: but maybe Ov would explain the absence of :witch: ? Oh man, I haven't quite processed this all and don't reeeally wanna get my hopes up seeing as I just skipped my shot last month.. but I find myself really excited already ! :dohh: Prob gonna hold my wee a few hours and try another (love ic's, so cheap and lots of them:haha:) and then again tomorrow and Thursday

Dressage, I might end up joining you in TWW ... Fx !!
I'm having pinching and pressure on my right side, started last night after :sex: , thought it was just from that, but POAS today and got a clear but faint line on OPK, totally unexpected as my cycle is so messed and thought af was due Friday :wacko: but maybe Ov would explain the absence of :witch: ? Oh man, I haven't quite processed this all and don't reeeally wanna get my hopes up seeing as I just skipped my shot last month.. but I find myself really excited already ! :dohh: Prob gonna hold my wee a few hours and try another (love ic's, so cheap and lots of them:haha:) and then again tomorrow and Thursday

Its soo hard not getting your hopes up isnt it! We DTD twice sun/mon, the Ov test said positive sunday so presume I ovulated Monday, do you think we should DTD tongiht as well just to be on the safe side?? (if i can persuade hubby-he was very tired last night and it wasnt very enthusiatic lol)

xx

Its soo hard not getting your hopes up isnt it! We DTD twice sun/mon, the Ov test said positive sunday so presume I ovulated Monday, do you think we should DTD tongiht as well just to be on the safe side?? (if i can persuade hubby-he was very tired last night and it wasnt very enthusiatic lol)

xx
Hard is right .. almost impossible to not get your hopes up ! :dohh:
Well, I've read all over the place, that BDing everyday lowers his count of :spermy: , but honestly, I'd be :sex: tonight just incase, besides, it only takes ONE little guy and the job is done !
:dust: hun, lots of it !!

time on depo - 4 years

end date- october 2009

time af took to come back- 5 months

time af took to regulate- still waiting/nearly there

bfp - I'm trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members