The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nj- I still think you should call and ask the dr- and make sure it's normal- etc. Tell them you don't want to take anything to make af come but if nothing more it'll give you some comfort having spoken to the dr right? :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to let you all know, me and OH have done lots of talking, it looked like we we're going to go through with Abortion, and after me letting him know out right and sticking to my guns that i 100% was not going to have abortion i was going to have baby. We come to the conclusion together that it would be in all parties best intrests that baby goes up for adoption so that someone who cannot have children will have the chance to be a parent and give baby the same love we will hold for he/she, we are going to make a scrap book of all the ultrasounds & if it is a girl buy a pandora bracelet and put a charm on it each year at her birthday. One day i hope he/she will realise that Mummy & Daddy are doing this because it is best for him/her - We have decided to celebrate babies birthday each year with a cake and our close friends and put a card into the scrap book each year aswell along with a letter of leigh & I xx

we also will have our own names for he/she:

Annabelle (girl)
Regan (boy) x

great idea Kitten, defintely the most selfless one. your son or daughter will be very proud of you as they grow older and understand what you have sacrificed. the ideas you have for keeping her close through scrap books and celebrations are beautiful! lots of hugs your way!!!!!
wannabe-i see a faint line, but i would expect to see it get darker?? im not sure what day you are on your cycle tho. when is AF due?
i really hope everything went well with baby James
MrsJ is doing great! getting ready for her baby girl =)

kitten- i think it's fantastic what you're doing- but be careful- don't get too attached and make it that much harder for you to give baby up. If i named baby, i don't think i could give it up. Just be careful hun- don't make it harder on yourself. It's already going to be really hard as it is.

Thank you ladies. I think by giving he/she a name it means it will be more difficult but when if we talk about he/she afterwards they have a name to be known by. x

Tiffani, I'm glad you decided to go that direction. My best friend had to give her little girl up for adoption when she was 19 (unplanned, her OH at the time was in his 30s and wanted NOTHING to do with it). She gave her little girl a name as well (Kennedy), and it was an open adoption, so the family sends her pictures every so often. She doesn't regret it at all - she knows it just wasn't the right time, and that she did what was best for her daughter. She tells me over and over again it was one of the best things she did.
My cousin adopted a beautiful little girl 4 years ago, and I know that was the greatest day for them - finding out they were getting a little girl, and then picking her up. It's amazing what she has been able to do for them. So, I think that it is the most selfless thing you can do, and you will be making someone else's dream come true. So many people go through this TTC journey, and are unsuccessful. I know if DH and I can't conceive, we would definitely adopt.

AFM - :witch: is *finally* here! @Dare, I was going to call the RE today anyway but my phone decided to quit working (grr), and work was crazy, so I completely forgot. Getting crampy now, and started this afternoon. Thank god...

So probably bloodwork on Monday or Tuesday, and then Clomid. I'm starting to hate this drug. Thinking much more positively this cycle. :)

NJ- that's fantastic! Glad it showed up on it's own, this way it won't mess more with your cycle right? Must be much better for this next cycle. What do we do now?

@D2D - I got swamped at work and missed the doctor's staff today (they're only there for an HOUR on Saturdays) to call and tell them I started. I call Monday AM to let them know, and (usually) they have me come in on Tuesday to get blood, ultrasound, and start Clomid. Then CD12 or so I go in for blood and ultrasound again to check the size of my follicles. They like to have at least one that is 18mm or higher - preferably closer to 20. If it looks good (Like last month I had one 20 and one 16), then I trigger that night, and go in the following two days for IUI. Then...back to praying. :)

I'm VERY glad it started on it's own. I would've been so bummed if I had to miss out on this next month.

awesome! Glad you have a plan going on! And hopefully this will be your cycle!!! :)

spuuuuuunky?! Where are uuuuuuu??? Hope all is well!!

@Nj, i am so glad that AF arrived and you are getting all set for this cycle!!! :winkwink: Good luck and baby dust to you hun.. I really hope you get your BFP soon.

As for me i am just going nuts in the 2WW, AF could pretty much show any day now really. Some symptoms I have been having that are a little unusual is some slight back aches in the lower back, and a little in the top of my back too, and unusual cramping, not like normal AF cramps, like cramps in the top and center of my belly, and other cramps coming in waves, i dont really pay much attention to symptoms anymore though because I have had every symptom under the sun and than even no symptoms at all, and AF come anyways so it might not mean anything. I still dont know what is up with my HPT's, so now all I can do is try to be patient and try not go to crazy waiting for either a definate BFP or AF to show...ugghhhh:wacko:

I am super emotional too, and stressed, me and DH got into a huge fight lastnight, (hes still out of town on business, so it all took place over the phone) it's problems surrounding our finances, so i was in hysterics crying lastnight, and i dont know how this is all going to end up...but hopefully things will get better soon....

wannabe-i see a faint line, but i would expect to see it get darker?? im not sure what day you are on your cycle tho. when is AF due?

My ticker is pretty close, I am on CD 24 and my OV date is just a guesstimate and I think it may be off by maybe 1 or 2 days... Yeah I am doubtful too, i wont be excited until I get a definate dark pink second line on a reliable brand of test.

Thanks, D2D. It's nice to have a plan; comforting. Let's hope this month it pans out!

Wannabe - good luck to you! I hope things get better with DH. Sounds like you guys are both under a lot of stress, and I'm sure the whole 2WW isn't making things easier on your end.

Spunky - where ever you are - hope you, James and DH are doing well! :)

Didn't catch up on the posts, but I'm back and with a baby!

Will write the more gory details later but here's a summary:

I was induced June 7th starting at 7am. Had 4 rounds of cydotek (spelling?) pill to ripen cervix. After 3 sweeps (Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, and Wednesday 8th) and 30 hours with 4 pills I was STILL 1 cm dialated (was on Monday - Wednesday). They gave me pitocen (after telling me the whole time they wanted me to 3 cms first) Wednesday at 12. Contractions got worse and worse over the next 4.5 hours. I was fine through them and then felt a pop, but nothing happened. THEN the pain got bad FAST and I was moaning through them. They asked if I wanted drugs, I said YES. I went to pee before they examined me, nothing special. Laid back on the bed to be examined and then my waters just gushed out! So the pop was them, but I guess it wa blocked to come out. I was STILL 1 cm, so I got narcotics. They told me the contractions got a lot worse after I felt the pop (I was too out of it to make the connection). They upped my pitocin. After 2 rounds back to back of the drugs they offered me my epidural (even though I wasn't 3cm). I took it! It was wonderful. Lovely man gave it to me! I will never forget him or the two nurses that helped me through those contractions up to the epidural. By 3 am I was 5cm (WOOHOO) and by 5 am I was complete and +1. Started pushing at 5:30am Thursday. They turned off my epidural at about 6:15 when the doctor came in. I was in horrible pain! My back, hips (especially as they were shoving my legs around and I've had hip problems for years!), and legs hurt so much. At 7:30 I was told I wasn't pushing hard enough and that I was still at +1 and it shouldn't be hurting this much. I told them I was done and to give me a c-section. I begged for one, demanded one, said I wasn't going to push anymore. I was done, I refused to continue since I didn't make ANY progress in 2 hours. I held onto my husband and just said I wasn't going to do it. The doctor booked my OR, but said it would be an HOUR. I told them they needed to knock me out. I wasn't going to make it. So they turned my epidural back on and I started making progress (I was trying not to push, but couldn't help it!). I asked for the vacuum and the doctor told me he wasn't low enough. When he was she attached it and helped me get him out. He still had the amnotic sack over his face and his cord wrapped around his neck once. He was 7 lbs 12 oz, 20.5 inches. I was told he'd be bigger (8.5 lbs + based on ultrasound). I got a 3rd degree tear. Ouch. He's doing well. I'm traumatised, but healing more and more everyday. Guess this wasn't much of a summary!

He was 13 days overdue and I can't believe I was in the hospital for 50 hours just to have him. But he's so handsome!

DSC06588r.jpgDSC06604r.jpgDSC06583r.jpg

Spunky he IS handsome!!!! oh hun i'm so sorry about the pitocin- it makes the pain unbearable i know- i've known a lot of people who have had it- and it makes it so you can't get a break in between contractions- and how dare they tell you it shouldn't be hurting that much!!!!

It also makes a higher increase for you to tear. :( I am so sorry love. But glad he is out - wasn't huge, and is healthy!!! and glad you are alright too!!!

@Spunky....:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratulations on the birth of your son!!!! He is beautiful hun!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/02306AZ-813800.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/fireworks_animated-1.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Fireworks-05-june.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/congratsh003.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Fireworks-05-june.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/02306AZ-813800.gif

@Spunky, I just wanted to add that I am sorry that the labor was so difficult and painful, :hugs: :hugs: Thank goodness for epidurals!!! You are a tuff little cookie and should be very proud of yourself!!! Woo hoo, You did it!!! :happydance: Congrats again Mamma!!!

Holy crap, Chelsea, now I know why you've been MIA!! That's one hell of a labor story to throw at James when he's older..."When I was in labor with you for FIFTY hours..." I can hear it now. :rofl:

After that much, I'm sure you were exhausted. I would've been all about the c-section (hell, I'm all about it NOW, because I'm petrified of labor...I'm a wuss). I'm glad it worked out, and he is BEAUTIFUL. I love his little peach fuzz head of hair. Baby Kayak is here! :happydance: I can't believe it!

As Chelsea, look what you made!!! :D :D
Congratulations and well done Hun, he is beautiful!
Sorry you had such a hard time with the labour- seems he was determined to be difficult for mummy from start to finish lol... oh but theyre so worth it when it's all over aren't they?! :cloud9:

So proud of you Hun, and you should be proud too. Well done, and congrats to you and OH xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"