The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, Chelsea, now I know why you've been MIA!! That's one hell of a labor story to throw at James when he's older..."When I was in labor with you for FIFTY hours..." I can hear it now. :rofl:

After that much, I'm sure you were exhausted. I would've been all about the c-section (hell, I'm all about it NOW, because I'm petrified of labor...I'm a wuss). I'm glad it worked out, and he is BEAUTIFUL. I love his little peach fuzz head of hair. Baby Kayak is here! :happydance: I can't believe it!

LOL if you had been in my birthing class and had the instructor i had- lord she scared me out of my mind to never ever have a c-section!!!

Holy crap, Chelsea, now I know why you've been MIA!! That's one hell of a labor story to throw at James when he's older..."When I was in labor with you for FIFTY hours..." I can hear it now. :rofl:

After that much, I'm sure you were exhausted. I would've been all about the c-section (hell, I'm all about it NOW, because I'm petrified of labor...I'm a wuss). I'm glad it worked out, and he is BEAUTIFUL. I love his little peach fuzz head of hair. Baby Kayak is here! :happydance: I can't believe it!

LOL if you had been in my birthing class and had the instructor i had- lord she scared me out of my mind to never ever have a c-section!!!

I am terrified of birth and labor too, it scares me more than actually having a new baby to take care of for the first time...:blush:

I have always been scared of surgery until I got my gall bladder out last year, I have 3 scars on my belly, the largest at the top of my stomach right below my rib cage. Healing up was painful, but to be honest with you it wasnt anything I couldnt handle with strong pain meds...I walked hunched over for several days, and it hurt like hell to cough, laugh or sneeze and to stand up/sit down, it was ruff, I was laid up in bed for several days, I couldnt do any heavy lifting for a long time either, but I think I would rather have a C-section than go through all of the pain of labor, especially since labor is so unpredictable and you could end up with an emergency c-section anways. A C-section would allow me to feel like I had more control over the birth and seems less scary to me.

But this is only my opinion of course, and I hope I am not making any of you girls nervous that are almost due to have your babys. :hugs:

I am terrified of birth and labor too, it scares me more than actually having a new baby to take care of for the first time...:blush:

I have always been scared of surgery until I got my gall bladder out last year, I have 3 scars on my belly, the largest at the top of my stomach right below my rib cage. Healing up was painful, but to be honest with you it wasnt anything I couldnt handle with strong pain meds...I walked hunched over for several days, and it hurt like hell to cough, laugh or sneeze and to stand up/sit down, it was ruff, I was laid up in bed for several days, I couldnt do any heavy lifting for a long time either, but I think I would rather have a C-section than go through all of the pain of labor, especially since labor is so unpredictable and you could end up with an emergency c-section anways. A C-section would allow me to feel like I had more control over the birth and seems less scary to me.

But this is only my opinion of course, and I hope I am not making any of you girls nervous that are almost due to have your babys. :hugs:

i understand! to each his own!!! But they showed us a video- and you are on bed rest for like 6 weeks after a c-section really- and you can't lift anything but the baby. So no car seat with baby- literally just baby. I've known a few people to have it done- and they said it was hard after but they were still happy with it.

I just can't imagine. To me, that sounds WAY worse than the vaginal birth- because after baby comes out, it's pretty easy after that- you can basically get right up and go back to normal. But a c-section, you are out of commission for a while. That scares me more! I'm someone who would so get up and move around and probably bust a stitch (or staple or whatever they use) and have to go back in and do it. I've never had surgery before- so the whole idea is frightening!

Dare, I totally understand where you are coming from. I know some girls have had horrible C-section recoveries and experiences and others that say it wasnt so bad. I can see why being able to get back to life as normal after giving birth naturally is of course better, gosh either way I am still terrified of birth and labor...LOL:blush:

AFM, today I am still in limbo land, and dont know what is going on yet. At least AF hasnt come yet, so I still got time to get a definate BFP and am still in the running. Af is due any day now, so all I can do is wait and try to retest in a few days if i can be patient enough...:blush: Which is of course easier said than done...LOL.....:haha:

Some symptoms for me the last few days, I have stretchy cramps in my upper belly and than AF like cramps coming in waves, and than next minute I have no cramps at all, and twinges in like one side of your ovary or the other...And back aches, lower back or upper back aches. My back doesnt hurt too bad, it is just an annoying nagging pain. I am also super bloated with swollen belly that pokes out alot more than usual. This is what is going on with me right now!!

Dare, I totally understand where you are coming from. I know some girls have had horrible C-section recoveries and experiences and others that say it wasnt so bad. I can see why being able to get back to life as normal after giving birth naturally is of course better, gosh either way I am still terrified of birth and labor...LOL:blush:

AFM, today I am still in limbo land, and dont know what is going on yet. At least AF hasnt come yet, so I still got time to get a definate BFP and am still in the running. Af is due any day now, so all I can do is wait and try to retest in a few days if i can be patient enough...:blush: Which is of course easier said than done...LOL.....:haha:

Some symptoms for me the last few days, I have stretchy cramps in my upper belly and than AF like cramps coming in waves, and than next minute I have no cramps at all, and twinges in like one side of your ovary or the other...And back aches, lower back or upper back aches. My back doesnt hurt too bad, it is just an annoying nagging pain. I am also super bloated with swollen belly that pokes out alot more than usual. This is what is going on with me right now!!

For some reason i'm not scared of labor? But i think that's because i'm not at that point yet? I'm not sure why. i'm sure i'll be there when it's closer though. And one of the ladies i used to work for used to schedule her c-sections for her babies. She said she wouldn't do it any other way.

And she looked fantastic after her babies! Have had a few girls like that- if they like it- they love it and would have it no other way!

And wait like 2 more days before testing to make that line darker :) how many dpo are you now?

For some reason i'm not scared of labor? But i think that's because i'm not at that point yet? I'm not sure why. i'm sure i'll be there when it's closer though. And one of the ladies i used to work for used to schedule her c-sections for her babies. She said she wouldn't do it any other way.

And she looked fantastic after her babies! Have had a few girls like that- if they like it- they love it and would have it no other way!

And wait like 2 more days before testing to make that line darker :) how many dpo are you now?

I already broke down and tested earlier this morning with FMU on a FRER, and got the barely there faint line, which is driving me nuts right now.... But I agree with you I should tie my hands behind my back and wait to retest again in a few more days....:wacko::wacko:

My ticker is a guesstimate, My CD is correct, but my OV day could be off a little, i am guessing maybe 11 DPO to 14 at the most??? I am really not sure...The other thing that drives me nuts about my cycles is that they range from 24 to 33 days long (33 days is very rare for me though, and has only happened like twice in the last year and a half + of TTC.) So I dont even know when to decide if i am late or not yet, unless i go longer than 33 days my longest cycle ever....Ugghhhh, I hate this 2ww, it is especially frustrating...paired with my weird symptoms this month..I am going to end up in the looney bin driving myself crazy...:wacko::wacko:

If you don't get your BFP this month hun, I'll be... Well, confused!!
You can't possibly have an evap on every single test. I hope thus is the start xx

As for the birth thing... I had freaking moments where I suddenly realised what my body would have to go through but then got over it minutes later. It'll hurt regardless of which way baby comes out. Some vaginal births are easy, some are hard. Some don't tear, some (like me) have stitches that hurt for a month. Some c-sec scars heal quickly and easily. Some get infected.
Everyones different and there's no knowing what the best/easiest way will be. But for me, I'm so so glad I gave birth vaginally and with no epidural. Terrified of doing it again one day mind you, but only because I feel like I used up my labour luck on the last one lol

hey ladies!!!! how is your monday????? wannabe barely there faint lines seem hoepful to me =) im anxious for you!!!
tomorrow morning i go in for an ultrasound-growth and position. a fetal activity study to monitor her heart rate and an OB exam to check my cervix and also get the results of the group B test. my sister comes into town thursday, and my mom is getting married Saturday.....i had to buy 2 dresses, shoes and hair pieces, plus a flower girl basket, 2 new suits, 3 new dress shirts and ties.....good hting my husband wears a suit to work everyday and all the boys have dress shoes from how often we go to church. costing a small fortune, i guess i should be thankful Kendall isnt here yet for me to buy a 3rd dress and set of shoes!!! i am pretty excited though. i dont see my family very often and im going to wear my hair down. its past my waist now so thats fun =) maybe distract form the enormous belly.

I know how to each their own RE: C-section vs vaginal. In my field, I've dealt with horror stories from both, and had friends who had beautiful C-sections and vaginal deliveries.

@wannabe, I had my gallbladder and appendix out two years ago, so it's not surgery that scares me, or that I wouldn't be able to deal with. I think I agree with you about feeling like I would have more control over the situation with a section. Of course, as Spunky proved, we never have control over it. :)

My mother had a super short, but somewhat painful labor with me. I was sunny-side up, so she had back labor, but it was only an hour and a half from start to finish. She even walked from the labor to the delivery room. The nurses were shocked that it was her first, and told her to get an RV to park in the parking lot when she had another. My sister - Mom was in labor for ten and a half hours. So, every experience is different.

Blood work tomorrow. Called the RE today, and they told me I should have come in for blood today. Grr. Last month AF showed on a Saturday, and they told me blood work on Tuesday. AF showed on Saturday again, I didn't make the one hour window to call them (I was at work, I was distracted), so I figured Tuesday again. Not sure why the girl was sort of snippy with me on the phone. First time I've really run into that. I feel like she thinks I'm being irresponsible, or something. I know, I'm just being silly.

Dare and Busy, you guys are getting close. Two boys so far, now we'll have two girls!

Girls...I added a new test and described the situation in my HPT thread...Please be honest do you think I can call it a BFP finally??? Or should I be cautious and wait...I am so nervous, I have been going through tihs for so long....Please be honest about the latest test...I do think that with FMU tomorrow it will be even darker...

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...p-page-13-monday-06-13-11-new-test-added.html

@NJ, my mom had 6 kids total including me, and one miscarrage. She was fertile myrtle and had her first child at 18, mind you she is 76 years old, and back in those days women got married young, had kids, became home makers, nurses, or school teachers etc. Back in those days she was telling me how they would knock you out right before the baby came so they didnt have to feel the pain, they didnt have epidurals back than. My mom had me later in life and I was a surprise at the age of 45. I am the youngest out of my brothers and sisters. We are lucky for modern medicine today for sure...:winkwink:

i see the line wannabe! for sure see it

Thanks for looking busy..:flower:.it came up right away and is pink...and this was with afternoon pee that is probably diluted, I am hoping that with FMU tomorrow it will be nice and dark....

Meanwhile I am going bananas over here in the 2WW...wanting to know a definate answer...Arrghhhhh.............:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I seriously see nothing on that test - what the hell? I see everyone else sees something. Makes me think I really do have anti-line eye!! Maybe it's my computer, maybe it's because I'm tired...all I know is that I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, wannabe. :) Don't go by me, I have no idea what day it is, let alone what lines I'm not seeing, LOL.

I'm with Nj on this one- i actually don't see anything on this test. :( But with my bfp no one could see it but me either- and i actually did have one. I had the test right in dh's face and he told me i was freaking nuts.

My mother had two children. I was the first, and they gave her pitocin when she didn't want it- and had a REALLY horrible labor- because when someone is induced you can't get over the contractions because it speeds it up. She tore pretty horribly- and she said it was agony- and they didn't offer and epidural. With my brother- she almost had him in the hallway walking to the room. he was quick and easy- which i've heard a lot after the first- it's much easier. *most of the time*

Had a dream last night- that i was in labor, and they knocked me out. I woke up and i was in a room that looked like a garage gym? And my dh was there and was so happy- holding our girl. And i was like 'wtf?? what happened' and they said 'oh well we thought it would be easier for you because it was a hard labor' and i was angry because i missed the birth! then, they didn't know what her weight was and i was really angry because dh hadn't written it down!

That was the first real birth dream i've had. Assuming there will be more to come. Cottlestonpie did you have any birth dreams as you got closer? Spunky? Busy? anything?

And busy we are only like 20 days apart! Sheeesh! :)

Wannabe, I could only see a really faint line. i DO get line eye, but i was on my phone too so i'll take a better look when i'm home and hopefully it'll be clearer on a computer screen xx

dare, i had a couple of dreams about toby being born, but only one decent one. the other was so horrific i cant even type it out.
the ok one though was that i dreamt i gave birth to him in the sink... and he weighed 9lb. luckily didnt actually happen! :haha:

dreams are strange.
last night i dreamt that me, OH and toby were at a friends house party. somehow, a few famous folks were there... and i ended up having a MASSIVE flirting session with noel fielding from the mighty boosh. to the point where we waited til DH was asleep and we'd sneak around, not actually physically doing anything apart from normal flirty stuff, arm touching and that... but yeah. we basically really fancied each other and he was really great with toby and stuff.

i woke up with a MASSIVE crush on him this morning :rofl:

Thanks for checking out my HPT thread girls. :flower: That is okay if u dont see anything. I did another test this morning with FMU and updated the thread again. But i still dont know what the deal is for sure yet...my instincts say this is my month, but I am still not sure. So long story short, I am going to wait for about a week if I can be patient and retest and I think I should know something for sure by than hopefully, either by test or if AF makes her appearance...wish me luck....

i have had delivery dreams with all of my babies. none of them ever came true lol this baby i recently had a dream that i delivered her by myself in the OB office waiting for my appointment. it was a beautiful pain free delivery and she came out clean. so i jsut got dressed and went to the nurse station to have her weighed LOL
i went to my 36 week check up today.....baby Kendall is breech AGAIN. weighing approx 6 lbs. i go next week to make a decision of aversion or c section. bummer bummer bummer

i have had delivery dreams with all of my babies. none of them ever came true lol this baby i recently had a dream that i delivered her by myself in the OB office waiting for my appointment. it was a beautiful pain free delivery and she came out clean. so i jsut got dressed and went to the nurse station to have her weighed LOL
i went to my 36 week check up today.....baby Kendall is breech AGAIN. weighing approx 6 lbs. i go next week to make a decision of aversion or c section. bummer bummer bummer

AWWW, oh no Busy, I hope she gets turned back around again soon!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you hun!!!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back