The TTCers

It's roughly 27*F here. I would like some snow for Christmas, but it isn't looking like it's possible in the forecast. Lol all you people on the other side of the pond :o)

Halliwell--Yay for getting an appointment booked.
Yoshy-- I can't believe you are in 2nd tri already.

I know! It's crazy how fast it's gone... each individual day seems to crawl by, but overall, it's going by ridiculously fast!

Hi guys! Sorry I've been a bit absent. Finally died down at work then I went and got ill. Nothing serious, just been stopping me sleeping :(.

Congratulations Halli and welcome back!

I have PCOS too qwerty welcome!

We had our first FS consult yesterday. Was just as we hoped. Doc is very nice. Confirmed I still have PCOS lol and that my egg reserves are excellent. Hubbies sperm analysis was good! Been prescribed something called Norethisterone which is equivalent to Provera to induce a period and then we will proceed to up to 6 rounds of Clomid. That's what we really wanted so we're happy and can't wait to get started in January! I was dreading him saying I'd have to go back on Metformin!

With any luck we should have a 2013-14 baby!

Ahhh good luck! I'm doing herbs & metformin right now, trying to get my pcos more under control. I have been taking vitex and did natural progesterone cream, and saw AF after 46 days- never have a cycle that short w/o provera or clomid. I am also trying black cohosh this cycle from days 2-13 (should be 1-12, but I forgot!). I will be doing clomid next month :)
Congrats to the new BFPs!

Havent got an appointment booked yet, think i might randomly go in on wednesday so then its a surprise blood test for me rather then a booked appointment haha what a woose I am..

I hate having my blood taken. I went to the nurses office yesterday and she had the cuff and canisters/vials out from the last patient and I was scared lol.

Vitex is agnus castus right? That never worked for me. Saw the natural progesterone creams but they don't have very good reviews at almost 20 quid a pot... think i'll pass for now but would love to know how you get on.

How did you get on with clomid??

Can anyone recommend a a prenatal vitamin that's not pregnacare or well woman. Don't get on well with them. Saw this cool looking spray one but couldn't find any more info on it... then I forgot the name doh!

I really want a good one that's either gel caps or taste/smell free.

Halliwell-- Lol I hate shots, but for some reason I can deal with blood being drawn. When I had my polypectomy I sent DH a pic of my IV in my arm.

Star-- I can't seem to take prenatals either. All vitamins seem to lower my immune system and I end up with this constant post nasal, cough, runny stuffy nose thing. I'm currently just making sure to take my folic acid everyday.

Qwerty-- Glad you found a regimen that works for you. Where are you currently in your cycle?

Star-- I can't seem to take prenatals either. All vitamins seem to lower my immune system and I end up with this constant post nasal, cough, runny stuffy nose thing. I'm currently just making sure to take my folic acid everyday.

I'm glad its not just me! I have folic acid but was wondering if maybe there was anything else I hadn't tried that worked well. Pregnacare gives me the most awful congestion. I feel like I'm dying!

Almost done with my crimbo crafting. Bathbomb cupcakes are done. Bath salts made, soap is ready to go saturday and paper is shredded for the gift baskets. Should be all done by Saturday!

Thought I would make some mini, baby safe bath bombs for my nephew too. I think he would love the fizziness!

Nice I'm still working on finishing up gifts. Luckily that hats don't take long to make.

I dislike needles. I can do shots but blood work makes me dizzy. I almost fainted for the first prenatal screen FIVE vials!!! I cried the whole time I got an IV 5 years ago for a migraine.....I suck.

I'm taking Jameson prenatals I had started months before the bfp they work well for me. Maybe your Dr can recommend alternatives ...

Cntry you chart looks excellent.

Ultrasound booked for Wednesday. I just need to hear a heartbeat and I'll let myself get excited. I'm still too cautious.

Hugs ladies.

I hate bloodwork too! Don't feel bad about it. :hugs: good luck at your appt!

I am currently CD 5.

I really didn't think the vitex (AC) was going to work for me, but I ended up liking it. I think it takes time, plus a heavy dosage for pcos-ers. I take 1200 throughout my cycle. Clomid and I do not like each other, ill be honest. Hot flashes, sleeplessness & headaches throughout my entire cycle. And it does mess with your cm too! I'm thinking of taking some EPO next time I try it. I only took 50 mg of clomid for 2 cycles. I wasn't monitored like I should have been, so I'm not sure, but I think it did help me ovulate since I did see AF both times.

I am currently finishing up some handmade gifts as well. I made felted dryer balls yesterday and started some baking soda deodorizing things. I'm also whipping up a batch of homemade laundry detergent for my in laws. :)

Have any of you ladies tried clomid? How did your body react?

It's funny, but I've always been alright with blood and needles. The only thing I can't deal with is seeing the needle go in. Before it goes in and once it's in, I'm fine.

It's probably a combination of having monthly injections when I was like 7-10, and being a doctor's daughter...

And shots only bother me cuz they hurt like a bitch!

Tsy, don't worry too much... after the first batch, IIRC it's only one or two vials for any other blood tests they need to do, I think. And it'll be a while before you need any more.
I need to ask my OBGYN to send me to have my thyroid checked next time I'm there, but that's just me.

Tsy-- Thank you. I'm trying not to symptom spot or drive myself crazy. AF's arrival date is the 20th. I'm going to try to wait and test on Christmas morning.

Yoshy--that's me too. I can't really watch the needle go in, but I can watch once it's in there.

Qwerty-- I haven't started clomid yet. I will start it next cycle.

Here is the blanket I made and a couple of the hats:

Attachments

• afghan.jpg
    afghan.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
  • hats.jpg
    hats.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
Nice work cntry. A Christmas bfp would be nice no pressure ;)

Yoshy I had my thyroid checked too. I have family history. I think they will each time.

What were your shots for as a kid?

Nice job! I wish I'd let my mom teach me how to knit or learned more about crocheting :) I was contemplating also making some lotion bars but I need coconut oil and beeswax.

I learned off of youtube how to crochet it's pretty easy because you can rewind and go at your own speed.

Wow cntry this afghan must have taken forever! Lovely, I love stripes!

How do you make lotion bars Qwerty? I don't have beeswax but I have coconut oil and shea butter. Would that work?

I've been making bath salts to go along with my bathbomb cupcakes and I want to make some other things to go with it. Probably a body scrub, soap and something else...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who really hates it! I get dizzy just thinking about it happening!

Oh thats such a cool blanket and those little hats! Well done!

I found the lotion bars on Pinterest. Not sure if you belong to that- if not just search google :) I think the beeswax keeps the bars from being too melty. I haven't made them yet but I'm really itching to try it.

I dont really use pinterest so much any more. It's impossible to find the real source for some things you just get spam. Have they fixed that?

Wow, that afghan is really pretty!! How long did it take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->