• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

What is everyone's plans for Thanksgiving?

For Thanksgiving me and DH will be heading to my brother's house which I am looking forward to seeing family, it is a 6 hr 45 minute drive to get there... BUT, I will be of course be OV'ing well we are there, so it will be hard to get in much :sex: well we are there, ugghhhhhh..... I dont know why but every month it seems like OV comes at the worst times!!!!:wacko:

I have been thinking about when we should put up our X-Mas decorations. I think the weekend after Thanksgiving will be the best time to do it!!! When do you ladies put up your X-Mas decorations??:shrug:

i normally put mine up the 1st weekend in Dec... the kids love it and get really excited
When is your thanks giving?

We don't have thanks giving here :haha:

Christmas only for us here in the UK

I was in Vegas this time last year and had Thanks Giving, Black Friday etc was very surreal lol

Our decs go up bout second week of December and tree bout a week before or two get a real one so don't like buying it too early!

wow sarah, thanks for the pics! You look gorgeous in your pics, but wow that was a big bump you had with your son!! It's all worth it though :thumbup:

I wish I had some preg experience so I can join in with you :cry: lol just think, in about 10years time we'll all be talking about how we met and how big we were and what stretch marks we had etc etc, it'll be great! :thumbup:

my mum didnt get any stretch marks with all 3 of us, she says she has good elasticity, so FX I will take after her on that one!! as i dont any other way. She's tiny, like 5ft2 and really small frame, I'm more like my dads side, he's 6ft and alot bigger framed xx

i bloody used all the creams aswell lol.... never mind they are my Kian marks lol thats what i tell him xx

Morning ladies... hope everyone is ok... off to get some more OPK's today hopefully get my + x

Hi all :flower:

Haven't been on for a few days, as OH has been off work and he doesn't know I am on here! That sounds really bad but he'd freak if he saw some of the stuff we talk about on here lol.

It's really good to see this thread has grown into a proper VR wags club!

Am feeling quite down about the whole ttc thing atm, my cycles are all messed up and GP has given me norethisterone to take from when I feel AF coming until she goes away. Apparently this will help regulate my cycles. (I already tried agnus castus which didn't seem to change anything lol.) I was very clear with the doc that my fertility must NOT be harmed by any treatment, I just needed something as the cycles as well as being irregular (between 16! and 32 days recently) I am in agony for 4 of those AF days, dosed up on everything and still scrunched up with a hot water bottle in agony.
Anyway, I kno that norethisterone's the same stuff as the mini pill but GP assured me it won't harm my fertility when taking it as he suggested rather than every day as you would with mini pill.

On the + side, I have managed to get OH to agree to an appt to see about a proper SA! Which is on the 3rd. He'd been dragging his heels about it as he was worried about bad results. He'd actually convinced himself that I'd leave him if he didn't have good sperm results.

Oh well... onwards and upwards eh.

tallybee :hugs:

Im pleased your OH is having the SA done, that is great news :thumbup: least you'll know whats what :)

Feel for you with your painful cycles :( that must be crappy :( I hope you will start to regulate a bit and can have normal cycle real soon
x

Im pleased your OH is having the SA done, that is great news :thumbup: least you'll know whats what :)

Feel for you with your painful cycles :( that must be crappy :( I hope you will start to regulate a bit and can have normal cycle real soon
x

my words exactly! lol

Yep hope you get your cycles sorted, theres nothing worse than really painful periods, I hate them......(I have had something in the past for bad p.pains I used to call them my 'magic tabs' coz they were amazing, now my 13yr old sister uses them!) Anyway, they're called mefanamic acid and they're tabs. could always ask about those xx

:happydance::flower: got my 1st positive opk today:thumbup:
so not to far behind you V xx

Pic was taken a while after test.. both lines were same darkness :)

Attachments

• 22112010143.jpg
    22112010143.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
:happydance::flower: got my 1st positive opk today:thumbup:
so not to far behind you V xx

Pic was taken a while after test.. both lines were same darkness :)

yay!!! :happydance: get busy girly!!

I got my 3rd '+' today?? surely that can't be right? can it? :shrug:
I thought that my Ov day would be earlier than this in my cycle as I thought it was late last month coz I was ill and FF couldnt get an exact date. If I do Ov 2moro then theres a chance my luteal phase could be short again :cry:

Anyway, sorry, yay for your positive, take it again 2moro tooxxx

i brought some tesco ones today.. much better quality :)
last cycle i ov'd at cd15 & had a 9day LP according to FF
im on cd14 and had no temp rises yet... getting bloody confusing :haha:
just gonna :sex: ;)

it is confusing!!! But dont worry, you wont see a rise until after you Ov and you havn't Ovd yet. Mine was a little higher today than yesterday so I thought that I ovd yesterday, but then I got another positive opk when I tested this afternoon :shrug: will just see what my temp is 2moro morning....

Yer the tesco one's are better...I've ran out of them now though, so will use a cheapy one 2moro xx

Well it seems you two are :sex: like maniacs :haha:

Enjoy! :sex:

Still no :witch: she feels like she's knocking though arrrrggh wish she would hurry up and start so can get on wiv next cycle! Due on wed! Cccccccccmmmmmmmon! Lol

x

my words exactly! lol

Yep hope you get your cycles sorted, theres nothing worse than really painful periods, I hate them......(I have had something in the past for bad p.pains I used to call them my 'magic tabs' coz they were amazing, now my 13yr old sister uses them!) Anyway, they're called mefanamic acid and they're tabs. could always ask about those xx

Thanks ladies :flower:

I've tried those mefenamic acid tablets, they don't work for me unfortunately. The GP has given me a large tub of dihydrocodeine this time so we'll see. It'd be fabulous not to need them - for 9 months anyway - we can only hope.

:dust:

it is confusing!!! But dont worry, you wont see a rise until after you Ov and you havn't Ovd yet. Mine was a little higher today than yesterday so I thought that I ovd yesterday, but then I got another positive opk when I tested this afternoon :shrug: will just see what my temp is 2moro morning....

Yer the tesco one's are better...I've ran out of them now though, so will use a cheapy one 2moro xx

Well it seems you two are :sex: like maniacs :haha:

Enjoy! :sex:

Still no :witch: she feels like she's knocking though arrrrggh wish she would hurry up and start so can get on wiv next cycle! Due on wed! Cccccccccmmmmmmmon! Lol

our poor DH's they'll be glad of a break lol:haha: we'll be walking like 'John Wayne' soon :haha:

Yes Mrs Essex Enjoying the practise :haha:

if your period does come (which it might not.. you never know) sending loads of :dust: for your next cycle :hugs:

Hi

AM new to this board

Just wanted to ask the person that posted that there husband/partner had a Vasectomy Reversal at the Nuffield

My husband had a Vaesctomy before he met me in January of 2006, we have him booked in for December this year, but just wanted to know what are the chances etc?

I know everyone is different and it does say that it can take up to 12 months to take effect if it works but how soon does the clinic test his sperm count after his operation?

Obviously if I fall pregnant then we know it works, lol

I do have children so I am very blessed and lucky but we desperately want a baby together

Just nervous as to whether it will work!!

Hi, I have just stumbled across this thread and have had a quick read through. As you can see by my tickers I had my BFP in October this year exactly 6 months after dh had his VR and we are over the moon.

We have been together 5 years and married for 4. DH has 3 children and had his Vas done 7 years before reversal, i am 28 and have no children or past pregnancies, we considered all other avenues but wanted our first action to be VR so we took the plunge in april 2010. After much research we decided on Duncan Harriss and could not of been more pleased, he done everything he could to accomodate us and even phoned up after the operation to let me know all went well as he knew how worried i was. We decided not to go for the SA as it only takes 1 swimmer to know where he is headed right?!?

We really expected this to be a longer journey than it has been and i know how extremely lucky we are to get such a happy ending but I wanted to pop on and give everyone a ray of hope and to spread some baby dust to you all. These miricals do happen and I hope that you all get your VBFP in the very near future xxxxxxxcxxxxxxxx

Wow thanks for your post :flower: Im sure someone else on here went with your surgeon, but cant remember who :blush:

6 months aint bad is it! you must be THRILLED!!!

Our reversal was 6 years post vasectomy..similar to your 7

Thankyou so much for your post :)

Wish you a very healthy & happy 9 months! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back