• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi

AM new to this board

Just wanted to ask the person that posted that there husband/partner had a Vasectomy Reversal at the Nuffield

My husband had a Vaesctomy before he met me in January of 2006, we have him booked in for December this year, but just wanted to know what are the chances etc?

I know everyone is different and it does say that it can take up to 12 months to take effect if it works but how soon does the clinic test his sperm count after his operation?

Obviously if I fall pregnant then we know it works, lol

I do have children so I am very blessed and lucky but we desperately want a baby together

Just nervous as to whether it will work!!

Hi ya

Have you had a read through the whole thread? its well worth a read and you'll see on of our ladies just become preggy :) 6 weeks after the op

Good luck... it'll be fine :)

Wow thanks for your post :flower: Im sure someone else on here went with your surgeon, but cant remember who :blush:

6 months aint bad is it! you must be THRILLED!!!

Our reversal was 6 years post vasectomy..similar to your 7

Thankyou so much for your post :)

Wish you a very healthy & happy 9 months! x
Hi and welcome, i love hearing of all the sucess after vr.. Its hard to research them on the net...

It was live in hope who used duncan harriss (well her dh :haha:) :thumbup:

Took my opk and the line dark again :thumbup:
(it was fainter for a bit, but after about 4-5mins it was same as test line.. is this right?:shrug:)

Afternoon :D

Well my opk's this month stayed dark for bout 3 days in all...but i only took notice of the first day :shrug: just keep bonking :haha:

:witch: just came ! HURAH!!!! i dont want any hugs etc ..im actually pleased two reasons

It was a 31 day cycle...its been a day shorter every month since Aug....so im pleased with that :D

And... means i can scrub off Novembers cycle...which was full of temping/opk's/pre'seed/...and im a bit :shrug: with all that <<<< so this next month...back to raw basics of :sex: when ever and where ever :haha:

Its also a good thing that im like clockwork with my cycle give or take a day or two ...THAT gives me comfort at my age :haha:
x

Well my opk's this month stayed dark for bout 3 days in all...but i only took notice of the first day :shrug: just keep bonking :haha:

:witch: just came ! HURAH!!!! i dont want any hugs etc ..im actually pleased two reasons

It was a 31 day cycle...its been a day shorter every month since Aug....so im pleased with that :D

And... means i can scrub off Novembers cycle...which was full of temping/opk's/pre'seed/...and im a bit :shrug: with all that <<<< so this next month...back to raw basics of :sex: when ever and where ever :haha:

Its also a good thing that im like clockwork with my cycle give or take a day or two ...THAT gives me comfort at my age :haha:
x

Thank you.. its the 1st time ive ever done it so its all new to me :shrug:
because my cycles are not bang on 28days like before, i was worried if everything was working as it should:dohh: so i have been charting for 1 1/2 cycles:haha: and just started opk'ing and was so chuffed to get 2 pink lines.. i said to hubby " my eggs ARE cooking... not just shriveled up:haha:

Which ever way works best & stress free for you, will get u ur :bfp: very soon :)

Yes your eggs are fine! You're only 28!!!! I got 6 years in you luv! :haha: mine are prob eying up the walking sticks as we speak-- they got wheelchairs on order :haha:

Yes comforting to know we're ovulating and ticking along

Yes also it's great to be stress free and I'm not stressed never get stressed and can bet that's the reason my cycle is A OK ... Hurah- again!

Our new wag with the preggy after 6 months has given me more PMA :thumbup:

Ohhhh I'm starrrving! Gonna cook myself a jacket & prawns yum x

Hi, I have just stumbled across this thread and have had a quick read through. As you can see by my tickers I had my BFP in October this year exactly 6 months after dh had his VR and we are over the moon.

We have been together 5 years and married for 4. DH has 3 children and had his Vas done 7 years before reversal, i am 28 and have no children or past pregnancies, we considered all other avenues but wanted our first action to be VR so we took the plunge in april 2010. After much research we decided on Duncan Harriss and could not of been more pleased, he done everything he could to accomodate us and even phoned up after the operation to let me know all went well as he knew how worried i was. We decided not to go for the SA as it only takes 1 swimmer to know where he is headed right?!?

We really expected this to be a longer journey than it has been and i know how extremely lucky we are to get such a happy ending but I wanted to pop on and give everyone a ray of hope and to spread some baby dust to you all. These miricals do happen and I hope that you all get your VBFP in the very near future xxxxxxxcxxxxxxxx
Thats great hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy :happydance:

Hi

AM new to this board

Just wanted to ask the person that posted that there husband/partner had a Vasectomy Reversal at the Nuffield

My husband had a Vaesctomy before he met me in January of 2006, we have him booked in for December this year, but just wanted to know what are the chances etc?

I know everyone is different and it does say that it can take up to 12 months to take effect if it works but how soon does the clinic test his sperm count after his operation?

I do have children so I am very blessed and lucky but we desperately want a baby together

Hi!! :wave:

Just wanted to welcome you aswell!! I hope you are enjoying your time in Baby & Bump so far, we're a nice bunch!! :thumbup:

There are a couple of people on here who had their VR done at at Nuffield Hospital and would gladly give you more info. The time for SA after VR varies from hospital to hospital, I went to a BMI hospital and have to wait 12 weeks but others dont have to wait as long....

Good luck on your TTC after VR journey :happydance: xxx

x

:wave:

Glad you're feeling ok about af visiting....I got like that last month, waiting is hard enough then you wait so long and you just want to know either way and if its AF then you know you can just start again and dont have to wait again until afew more weeks. I'm in my dpo now I'm sure and I already want to know either way!! :dohh:

:thumbup:great to hear about our newest members 6month BFP after VR!! :thumbup:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you lovely ladies on the thread!!!! I wont be on much this week because i have alot of school work to do and packing up, before we head out to my brother's house thursday morning. good luck and baby dust to everyone!! i hope we all get our :bfp:'s this month!!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/26-1.gif

Hi

AM new to this board

:hi: Hi! My OH had his reversal at the Nuffield on sep 27th. He gave a sample 4 weeks after the op and we received the results less than 2 weeks later. We found out a week ago that I am preggo, so yes, it can work!!! :happydance:

Just wanted to say congratulations leafygreenmum, fab news for you, and a ray of hope for the rest of us. Wishing you all the best x

Congrats leafygreenmum! :cloud9:
Good luck to all you other post vr ladies - sending lots of babydust your way! Don't give up hope, vr does work!

Hiya :hi: please can I join the thread??

I'm 33 and my DH is 42.... he had a vasectomy in Jan 09, then a reversal in Nov 09 at Spire Solihull, after we realised it was the biggest mistake of our lives. we have two beautiful boys, aged 2 and 4 and would love to expand our family.

Good luck to everyone xx

I'm 33 and my DH is 42.... he had a vasectomy in Jan 09, then a reversal in Nov 09 at Spire Solihull, after we realised it was the biggest mistake of our lives. we have two beautiful boys, aged 2 and 4 and would love to expand our family.

Good luck to everyone xx

Hello and welcome!!

Wow your story very similar to mine!

We have 2 boys, and did the BIGGEST mistake too in 2004... and only had it reversed in Aug this year...so very early days

Did you get a SA done?

Cant believe it was only a few months between ops!!!! Oh noooo!!!! how did your hubby take the news you wanted it reversed lol
x

Sorry about test post it wasnt letting me post earlier

Leafy could I ask who done your partners op, was it a Dr Pocock? Quite an appropriate name I thought, lol

Also how long was it between your OH first OP to having his reversal?

Did you have to ask to have his SPerm count checked or do they test it within 4 weeks as routine?

Sorry for all the questions, am just anxious

Good luck to everyone xx

Hi Melanie, and welcome to the thread, good luck and baby dust to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

Well girls I just wanted to stop in and mention before I head up to pack for our trip in the morning, i am getting lucky because I Ovulated today, the day before we drive up to my brother's for the holidays. So me and DH got in some :sex: this afternoon!! We also are planning on having :sex: in the morning before we head up to my brother's tomorrow since it is tuff to get in any BD'ing time well at the relatives house!!!

Check out my OPK, the test line is darker than the control line!!!:happydance::happydance: Looks like I will have a chance this month after all!!!:thumbup:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC07443-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"