The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hope its a good sign for you tallybee :dust: :dust: and extra :dust: to you.

Does anyone know about endometreosis? My shoulder pain is back coz the :witch: is here so thought i would google periods and shoulder pain and quite a few people say its a symptom of endemetriosis feeling very scared right now as i know that can cause infertility :-( i thought it was just phn due to having shingles back in October but thought it was strange how i only got the pain when AF was in town

Hm I don't know hon? It may be something to ask your doc about... All I kno about endo is it's supposed to cause very heavy and painful AF. And that it can make conceiving more difficult but that after having a child it can become less severe. Beyond that I don't know sorry :nope: I'd have thought the GP would be able to help you on it though, u can ask for a lady doctor when u book an appointment, at our surgery it can take longer to get an appointment as most of the GPs are male but it's worth it.

I hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

Yeah I'm still not on yet :wacko: Refusing to get excited due to the various :bfn:s over the last few days and the fact that my body does this to me from time to time. I haven't changed anything, I haven't gained or lost weight, I haven't had any more stress than usual....... but yet I am 4 days late. I'll try testing again in a couple of days if :witch: is still MIA!

Well... still no AF but tested again this morning, FMU and :bfn:

WTF!!!!

xx

sorry not been online over the weekend.Got my period 5 days late and V painfull just to make thing worse , seems like alot of us have had a late one this month its so cruel. On ward and upward get ready for next month looing for a Clear blue monitor so i can narrow down my dates better.

sorry not been online over the weekend.Got my period 5 days late and V painfull just to make thing worse , seems like alot of us have had a late one this month its so cruel. On ward and upward get ready for next month looing for a Clear blue monitor so i can narrow down my dates better.

Aw sorry to hear that hon :hugs: It's horrible isn't it. OH persuaded me to do a frer just now (he is blissfully unaware of my POAS action thus far :blush:) It was negative. 5 days late now and the best most sensitive test is :bfn:

Really starting to get annoyed now :grr:

xx

Hi everybody,

just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm 38 and my DH had a VR in March. (So last months was the first time we tried in earnest...)
We have 2 boys (7 and 9) and when the second was a colicky infant and my first got diagnosed with Asperger's (a form of Autism), my DH went ahead and had the VR. I wasn't too happy, but had other things on my mind.
It took me 6 years to convince him to reverse and we are really excited to start all over again - but I am fearing it might not be as easy as 10 years ago!

Looking forward to some online support, since nobody even knows we had the reversal!

Hi everybody,

I'm 38 and my DH had a VR in March. (So last months was the first time we tried in earnest...)
We have 2 boys (7 and 9) and when the second was a colicky infant and my first got diagnosed with Asperger's (a form of Autism), my DH went ahead and had the VR. I wasn't too happy, but had other things on my mind.
It took me 6 years to convince him to reverse and we are really excited to start all over again - but I am fearing it might not be as easy as 10 years ago!

Looking forward to some online support, since nobody even knows we had the reversal!

:wave:

Welcome along hon :)

Support is what we're here for! I seriously don't know what I would do without this group... it's not easy by a long shot, and friends and family don't understand... some of the comments well-meaning people can make sometimes leave me so down :sad2:

All the best for your TTC journey!

xx

Hi everybody,

Hi there ChrissiK!! :wave:

Welcome to the group, it's always great to see new people over here, this group has so much to offer in terms of support and advice, they are a lovely bunch on here, so you've come to the right place! :thumbmup:

Congratulations on your DH getting the VR, where did you get it done? You may find somebody on here went to the same place/same sugeon!

My hubby had his VR in Sept last year at the BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham with Dr.Harriss, who in my opinion is a legend. :thumbup:

I wish you all the best on your TTC Journey, lots of :dust: being sent your way!

Hi ChrissiK, welcome to the group! My hubby had his VR 2 weeks ago so we'll be TTC later on this year. My 13yr old stepson is also aspergers.

I hope you don't mind me popping in every now and then :blush:
I'm a VR graduate, op was done by Dr Dawson in Hartlepool, so I think he's amazing. My LO has just turned 6 months and we've decided to TTC for VR baby no2. DH was only able to have one side done, so we're a little worried that it may scar over. We've started TTC this month but the :witch: just got me. It's a bit ridiculous that I'm disappointed, but I guess that's the nature of TTC. I remember what it was like when we first started TTC after the VR, I was so convinced it wouldn't work, but here we are :cloud9:
I hope you all get your well deserved BFP, lots of love and babydust to you x x :flower:

I hope you don't mind me popping in every now and then :blush:
I'm a VR graduate, op was done by Dr Dawson in Hartlepool, so I think he's amazing. My LO has just turned 6 months and we've decided to TTC for VR baby no2. DH was only able to have one side done, so we're a little worried that it may scar over. We've started TTC this month but the :witch: just got me. It's a bit ridiculous that I'm disappointed, but I guess that's the nature of TTC. I remember what it was like when we first started TTC after the VR, I was so convinced it wouldn't work, but here we are :cloud9:
I hope you all get your well deserved BFP, lots of love and babydust to you x x :flower:

Awww :) That's so amazing, your LO is so cute!

To be honest after a year of trying post VR has came and gone, I'm pretty hopeless now. It just doesn't even seem possible any more :( But we will keep trying!
All the best with TTC your next one - how amazing would that be, 2 post-vr LOs!

Well I've STILL not come on. This is starting to really do my head in now.

:dust:

xxx

Hi Sapphire! Congratulations on your LO, she's gorgeous!

Tally - Dont give up just yet! Are you having any other symptoms? Thinking of you often and praying that this is your BFP. Maybe you're just one of those girls where the BFP tests takes longer to show?! Did you Ovulate on time? Could it be that you were later this month and implantation is later and too early to show?

I'm getting a little worried about hubby - it's 2 weeks post op, swelling, bruising and pain have gone but the incision site is still weeping a little blood :(. I want him to go to the GP but he's reluctant. It's almost as if the top layer of skin hasn't knitted together fully. How long did it take your hubby's to stop bleeding? Its not a huge amount of blood but he's still wearing his "corset" and using a dressing pad.

Tally - Dont give up just yet! Are you having any other symptoms? Thinking of you often and praying that this is your BFP. Maybe you're just one of those girls where the BFP tests takes longer to show?! Did you Ovulate on time? Could it be that you were later this month and implantation is later and too early to show?

I'm getting a little worried about hubby - it's 2 weeks post op, swelling, bruising and pain have gone but the incision site is still weeping a little blood :(. I want him to go to the GP but he's reluctant. It's almost as if the top layer of skin hasn't knitted together fully. How long did it take your hubby's to stop bleeding? Its not a huge amount of blood but he's still wearing his "corset" and using a dressing pad.

hmm well everybody heals differently I know that much, but I'm worried that you say it's still bleeding a little.....Has he loosened his strap thing at all? As I mentioned before, that caused my Hubby more pain than the actual op lol. He did take it off after about 5days and just wore 2 pairs of pants insted with the bandage over the incision as that was more comfortable and still kept things supported. I'd get him checked out. You dont want to risk an infection that could possibly set you back on the TTC part of it! Good luck hunny, keep us posted! :thumbup: xx

I would keep persuading him to go to the GP if you're worried hon, even just to put your minds at ease :) I know what men are like about that though :wacko:

Yea I don't know, I have felt bloated and slightly crampy since about a week before AF was due, so almost 2 weeks now. Normally I feel bloated a few days before, then very sore the day before, then come on. I didn't actually do any OPKs or anything else this cycle so could have ovulated late, no way of knowing now :wacko: I got positives right away when pg with T and H but who knows whether it'd be the same again :confused:

I suppose only time will tell! It's all a waiting game ...... :coffee:

It took mine about 2 weeks to be outwardly healed and about 6-8 weeks to not complain anymore (about weird feeling around the scar, the healing itch, the feeling that one ball was tighter stiched than the other...)

Yea I don't know, I have felt bloated and slightly crampy since about a week before AF was due, so almost 2 weeks now. Normally I feel bloated a few days before, then very sore the day before, then come on. I didn't actually do any OPKs or anything else this cycle so could have ovulated late, no way of knowing now :wacko: I got positives right away when pg with T and H but who knows whether it'd be the same again :confused:

I suppose only time will tell! It's all a waiting game ...... :coffee:

You're not out of the game yet hun, it's not unheard of to get a BFP late on. Fingers crossed for you. Also, I know plenty of people without a VR to contend with, that have taken over a year to get pregnant. It only takes one swimmer... x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->