The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

k so can someone shed some light..my hubby hasnt had his sa done yet...now we were told the likely hood of my hubby having antibody sperm (dont know if thats the term) if he is producing new ones will his body automatically produce this antibody for a while or indefinitely??

we were told new sperm ready to be used takes 64 days ish!!

I asked this question a few months ago. Anti sperm antibodies are common in men that have had a vasectomy reversal it's all to do with the mans body not used to sperm being present so his ammune system kicks in and destroys the sperm as his ammune system thinks sperm shouldn't be there. We were never told any of this either. I had to google search it. That's really all I know about it sorry. DH just had his SA Dr said it all looked fine just a little low.

^ Yeah that's my understanding of it too :flower: Apparently they don't test for them during the SA, but if it shows low motility/morphology, this can be presumed to be caused by those pesky antibodies in a post VR man. Not ideal.... and apparently there's bog all can be done about them either :brat:

That reminds me, I need to get OH to go for another SA, the last one was in March and they said every 3 months.

:flower:

I'm having a strange month too :(. I had something I thought "could" be AF a nearly 3 weeks ago, no blood as such, just a few days of spotting. I've been using the CB smiley OPKs and, so far, no Ov this month. I have an average of a 24 day cycle and usually start having AF symptoms about 10 days before AF (bloating, cramps, sore bbs). I'm wondering if all the running around/stress/dieting has thrown my cycle off track for now.

I'm not too concerned at the moment as hubby is only 2 + weeks post op, so not technically TTC properly for a few months yet .... Just hate it when my body starts mucking around and refusing to cooperate! Not to mention the money of wasted OPKs lol

:hugs:

It's just when we want to get things in order and on track that our bodies seem to throw curve balls of the highest order isn't it :( I do agree that stress is a big factor, I know they all say it but I have found it to personally be the case - apart from this last long cycle which I could not see a cause for at all.

xx

Hi ladies, had a strange week on Thursday got a phone call from my dad, he had been taken to hospital to have a chest x ray, (docs orders, he has had a nasty chest infection that has not cleared up) and the x ray has shown a mass on the bottom of his left lung, (he is only 56 but a heavy smoker!) he has been booked in for a ct scan next week, we are all so worried about him my sister has fallen to bits and has convinced herself its cancer and to be honest it doesn't sound good, so obviously have been a bit of a mess since Thurs. Anyway AF was due yesterday but did not show her ugly head first thing like she normally does so I went to sainsburys after school with the kids and bought x2 digital tests (clearblue) and I pos in the loos in sainsbury's, I cannot believe it but I got my :bfp:, I drove home feeling numb, partly with excitment and partly feeling racked with guilt for being happy with my dad in the way he is, I feel pretty stressed and this is such a blessing for us but it feels like really bad timing!!Still not believing the result I took a second test at home and sure enough positive 1-2 weeks pregnant! I cannot stress enough how fantastic dr dawson must be DH has one sided reversal in Feb and we are preg already! I know there has been some debate over sharing BFP on this page, I wish you all the best of luck with your personal journeys and I really hope you don't mind me sharing my news.....

Anyway AF was due yesterday but did not show her ugly head first thing like she normally does so I went to sainsburys after school with the kids and bought x2 digital tests (clearblue) and I pos in the loos in sainsbury's, I cannot believe it but I got my :bfp:, I drove home feeling numb, partly with excitment and partly feeling racked with guilt for being happy with my dad in the way he is, I feel pretty stressed and this is such a blessing for us but it feels like really bad timing!!Still not believing the result I took a second test at home and sure enough positive 1-2 weeks pregnant! I cannot stress enough how fantastic dr dawson must be DH has one sided reversal in Feb and we are preg already! I know there has been some debate over sharing BFP on this page, I wish you all the best of luck with your personal journeys and I really hope you don't mind me sharing my news.....

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing. It gives us all hope (esp. since my DH also went to Dr. Dawson in February)!

Hi ladies, had a strange week on Thursday got a phone call from my dad, he had been taken to hospital to have a chest x ray, (docs orders, he has had a nasty chest infection that has not cleared up) and the x ray has shown a mass on the bottom of his left lung, (he is only 56 but a heavy smoker!) he has been booked in for a ct scan next week, we are all so worried about him my sister has fallen to bits and has convinced herself its cancer and to be honest it doesn't sound good, so obviously have been a bit of a mess since Thurs. Anyway AF was due yesterday but did not show her ugly head first thing like she normally does so I went to sainsburys after school with the kids and bought x2 digital tests (clearblue) and I pos in the loos in sainsbury's, I cannot believe it but I got my :bfp:, I drove home feeling numb, partly with excitment and partly feeling racked with guilt for being happy with my dad in the way he is, I feel pretty stressed and this is such a blessing for us but it feels like really bad timing!!Still not believing the result I took a second test at home and sure enough positive 1-2 weeks pregnant! I cannot stress enough how fantastic dr dawson must be DH has one sided reversal in Feb and we are preg already! I know there has been some debate over sharing BFP on this page, I wish you all the best of luck with your personal journeys and I really hope you don't mind me sharing my news.....

That's amazing news! Congratulations!!!:happydance::happydance:

Don't leave us behind here, pop back to see how we're all getting on pweeeease :lol:

Hope to join you soon!

xx

I'm so sorry to hear of your dad Honeybunny :(. I hope he recovers soon and the tests show nothing serious.

Congratulations on your BFP! That's amazing news!

Congratulations honeybunny31!! :dance: thats really great news!! I'm very sorry to hear about your dad though, but don't feel guilty, your Dad wouldnt want that I'm sure! Congratulations!! :hugs: xx

:wohoo: :wohoo:CONGRATULATIONS TO :wohoo: :wohoo:
honeybunny31
on her :bfp:
4 months after VR
A huge congratulations to you from all the VR WaGs!! :flower:
VR Feb 2011 :bfp: 24/6/11

:wohoo: :wohoo:CONGRATULATIONS TO :wohoo: :wohoo:
honeybunny31
on her :bfp:
4 months after VR
A huge congratulations to you from all the VR WaGs!! :flower:
VR Feb 2011 :bfp: 24/6/11

Thank you all for your kind comments, I would love to stay in the group if you will have me xxx I know how hard it is when you want something soooo badly and hearing others good news is sometimes very hard, I know been there and got the t-shirt, the one thing I would say is we are gobsmacked as we didn't really try on the last cycle, we decided to take the pressure off and with alot going on we had other things on our mind, which was good as I was turning into a baby obsessed woman, doing the deed with my other half felt like we were just trying to make a baby and nothing else and its hard to break out of the mental cycle when all you want is this perfect baby and a bfp, all i am trying to say is that it will happen and probably when you least expect it, I am in a bit of a mess at the moment regarding my dad, and I still cannot believe this is happening, I really, really genuinely hope that all the girls on here get their BFP's soon, especially cjones82, tallybee and littlelou who have been wonderful support to me xxxxx :hugs::hugs: and liveinhope, thanks for setting up this site xx
chrissiK i think you will soon be prego, Dr Dawson is a bit of a legend!!!

I truly believe in what you're saying about coming when you least expect it! I had the flu at the start of my preg cycle. It took me weeks to shake it off and although we did 'get busy' we really didn't expect it to happen. I did carry on temping etc and we didnt even do it on the day I ovd, so it was obviously meant to be. I sense many more BFP's to come! :dust: to you all!! xxxx

Aw honeybunny :cloud9:

Do keep on popping in to chat to us, I am always genuinely pleased for the ladies that get their :bfp: :thumbup: It can get hard being left behind, but every success is proof that it can happen xxxxx

congratulations!!!!

wow i'm so happy for you hun!! What fantastic news. sorry to hear about your dad tho x x x

chrissiK i think you will soon be prego, Dr Dawson is a bit of a legend!!!

He sure is, Holly is his handiwork from a one sided reversal too! Congrats honeybunny31, that's fabulous news! Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is ok :hugs:

Don't lose heart girls, honeybunny's BFP is even more proof that VRs do work - we'll get there! x x

Wow so pleased for you!
:happydance:CONGRATULATIONS:happydance:
Sorry to here about your Dad but as Livinhope said, dont feel guilty im sure your dad will be over the moon when you announce it :thumbup:

Ive added the link of the PREGNANT AFTER VASECTOMY REVERSAL GROUP for you pop over and say hi! xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/504237-pregnant-after-vasectomy-reversal-club-aka-vr-bump-wags.html

I really hope to join you girls in that group sooooon! All the best everyone!

I've started up my proper full on swimming again, once a week for now but will be upping it once I'm back in the swing of things. There's a 10k swim & gym challenge at the sports centre coming up which I'm gonna do too. I want to look fab when we get married (OH's D apparently could be final in a months time!! Then it's the reg office for us :cloud9:) I'm not overweight but would just feel better having toned up some. I also figure getting healthy can't be bad for the TTC either :thumbup:

Anyway I'd better get off here and do some work :wacko:

xx

xx

Does anyone know if ovulating earlier every month can affect the chances of getting pregnant? my LP is 14 days so thats good isnt it? but last month i ovulated on cd11 and as we are trying SMEP again this month i did my first ovulation test today cd10 there is a faint line on there already, i know its not a + until the line is darker but its the same as last month faint one day dark the next.

On a different note we had a letter off Dr Lemberger this morning he is quite happy with DH results he said the number is lower than ideal but we have good motility and he thinks we have a very good chance of getting pregnant, trying not to get my hopes up but it is hard.
I sometimes wish i could shut myself off and forget we are TTC and just relax i feel so stressed and impatient I just want to be pregnant NOW, think if i could shut off and forget what we are trying to do it might happen quicker, but me and my DH know that me forgetting isnt going to happen lol i need something to take my mind off it as at the momenet TTC is all i think about, constatly looking on google for ways to help, conceive quicker, diets to try possitions to try its serioulsy stressing me out HELP lol

Hope everyone else is good :dust: to you all.
Congratulations honeybunny :)

^ I am no expert but I think a longer LP is good isn't it? I know some ladies with short ones take things to lengthen it as there need to be a certain number of days available for implantation to succeed.

All that info out there is bloody confusing isn't it hon... I don't know how we stay sane I really don't! We've given up on all these 'right' things to do, we've an idea of when I ovulate from using those digi sticks for a few months (they're ruddy pricey though so not replacing them in a hurry :haha:), we both have quite high sex drive anyway so there's not much chance of missing my fertile window anyway, but I've started lying down for a bit and putting the mooncup in after :sex: when we think it's about that time. That's it...

I dunno what to suggest sorry hon, FX :dust: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->