The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Thanks for the reply, I just get so down everytime the :witch: shows up, of course i look forward to trying the next month as me and my DH both have a high sex drive also i just wish i could forget what we are trying to do so i can relax and have more fun, not saying the :sex: isnt fun i do enjoy it but right now its all about timing think next month ( if the :witch: shows this month) im not going to do any OPK and just :sex: like we used to when we wanted to lol, trying to stick to SMEP is quite hard as on the days we are not supposed to :sex: i find myself feeling extra horny (sorry TMI)

Aw I know it's proper gutting coming on each month isn't it :hugs:

Obv I can't say anything has worked as it hasn't happened for us yet but I think for sanity's sake we have to take the pressure off at times, all the thinking about the right days and all that business turns so easily into a crazed obsession and we all know stress is bad for TTC! I just despair that it's all so complicated, I never had any of this lark with my last 2 pregnancies, they just 'happened' :wacko: I would give so much for it to be that easy now...

xx

Exactly the same with me, wasnt trying when i had my 2 it just happened so fast both times, I know this time will be harder but all the added stress and pressure makes it even worse :-( I really need to control my obsession and try to relax wish there was an easier way. thanks for understanding tallybee :hugs: xx

Exactly the same with me, wasnt trying when i had my 2 it just happened so fast both times, I know this time will be harder but all the added stress and pressure makes it even worse :-( I really need to control my obsession and try to relax wish there was an easier way. thanks for understanding tallybee :hugs: xx

:hugs:

That's what we have this group for hon :thumbup: I'm always here for a chat if you need it. PM if you like as well as just using the group, it's amazing how things that get so on top of u, seem so overwhelming until u chat to someone kinda in the same boat :flower:

xx

It is nice to have so many ladies to talk to that are going through or have been through what we are, I dont really have anyone else to talk to its only my parents that know DH has had the VR.Well there was no line on my opk today so either yesterday i was imagining a faint line or we have missed it, I myself would say i was imagining it lol have had quite a bit of wet CM today so fingers crossed.

It is nice to have so many ladies to talk to that are going through or have been through what we are, I dont really have anyone else to talk to its only my parents that know DH has had the VR.Well there was no line on my opk today so either yesterday i was imagining a faint line or we have missed it, I myself would say i was imagining it lol have had quite a bit of wet CM today so fingers crossed.

:hugs:

I know what you mean, only loads of people know about our VR as OH got all excited and told people :dohh: Goodness only knows what he'll be like with a preggy announcement :wacko: Honestly though I feel like it's worse having people know, none of them know what it's like anyway - his mum asks 'so are ya pregnant yet then' whenever we see her which is wearing mighty thin 13 months later :dohh: Other people just keep saying how we should feel blessed to have the kids we already have... well yes we love them to bits and we are incredibly blessed to have them but until u know how it feels to ache for that 'together baby'... I know I wouldn't have comprehended it until in the situation myself so it's not their fault but still.

I have everything crossed for u hon, and always know that I and the other 'wags' are here for support! :hugs:

xx

Hi girls,

I hope everyone is doing well. I was wondering if any of you ladies that have men with low sperm counts after the VR ever considered having your men take fertility drugs that can help increase a man's sperm count. They say that "Clomiphene" (clomid) can be used. I found some articles online about it and am thinking that I will have DH see if his DR can RX it to him. Here are some articles on it. It appears that the drug can increase testorone which in turn can increase sperm counts. :shrug:

Here are some of the articles. Do any of you girls have any thoughts on this or have u ever tried this?:shrug:

https://www.maledoc.com/blog/2010/04/28/how-clomid-works-in-men/

https://www.babycenter.com/0_fertility-drugs-for-men_4090.bc

Hi girls,

I hope everyone is doing well. I was wondering if any of you ladies that have men with low sperm counts after the VR ever considered having your men take fertility drugs that can help increase a man's sperm count. They say that "Clomiphene" (clomid) can be used. I found some articles online about it and am thinking that I will have DH see if his DR can RX it to him. Here are some articles on it. It appears that the drug can increase testorone which in turn can increase sperm counts. :shrug:

Here are some of the articles. Do any of you girls have any thoughts on this or have u ever tried this?:shrug:

Interesting... but from what I can gather this would only really be relevant for a man who has low sperm count due to hormonal imbalances, rather than because of the whole process of V and VR... not sure what the effects would be like giving them extra testosterone if that wasn't the issue in the first place iykwim.
The side effects look a bit iffy really and the drugs themselves quite expensive. I would be interested to hear from anyone with experience of this though! Thanks for sharing xx

Hi girls,

Interesting... but from what I can gather this would only really be relevant for a man who has low sperm count due to hormonal imbalances, rather than because of the whole process of V and VR... not sure what the effects would be like giving them extra testosterone if that wasn't the issue in the first place iykwim.
The side effects look a bit iffy really and the drugs themselves quite expensive. I would be interested to hear from anyone with experience of this though! Thanks for sharing xx

Your welcome, i just thought i would share. I guess the best thing would be to ask a DR if they think taking the medication would help increase sperm count after a VR. I wish that there was better research and medication to help men with low sperm counts, it seems like it is one area that is overlooked by the medical world. I see they are now coming out with a birth control for men that makes them stop producing sperm, you would think if they can stop sperm production that they could increase it as well. Us women can take drugs to make us ovulate and all of that, i am disappointed that there is not more options out there for men with this problem...sigh...I am desperate for a baby though and I feel like i am ready to try just about anything to get pregnant. I talked to DH about it and he is on board to try the drugs, so if we try them out i will be sute to let you girls know if it helped increase his sperm count numbers or not...:winkwink:

Vitamin E is supposed to be a good one for increasing sperm count. just got my DH taking them since his SA.

Well me and DH have had a talk and decided if AF shows this cycle then next month we are just going to roll with it, im not going to do any opks and try my hardest not to symptom spot, i really do want a baby but everything that i do each month just makes me so stressed when i get that :bfn: going to try and keep myself busy so im not constantly thinking about it and have invested in a panpipe cd to listen to at night to help us relax.

Hi Ladies,

May I join your club? You can call me KT. :hi: I am 28 yrs old and DH is 42. He had a VR end of March this year after having a V 5 years ago. We have been TTC since June.

My cycles are some times irregular. I am hoping thats mostly due to my thyroid issues. I have Hashimoto's disease. They seem to be regular if I remember to take my meds every morning on time, but if I miss and take too late, it screws with my cycle length. In June I O'd on June 11th and then AF came on June 17th so my LP was extremely short. Not sure what's up with that. But that was the first month I kept track so we will see what happens this month. I am taking a pre-natal vitamin and we are going to try and use Pre-seed and Softcups this month to see what happens. I am on CD 13 today and will do my first OPK for this month tomorrow.

We did get the sperm checked but they did not give us any numbers. They did let us see the little guys swimming under the microscope though! The doc said things looked great and we could expect double the amount of activity in the next 6 months.

Just looking for some positivity, happy thoughts and prayers, and of course tons of baby dust! Thanks! KT

:wave:

Hi KT, welcome to the group :)

Definitely the right place for support, help with PMA and :dust: :thumbup:

I hope you find the 'wags' as lovely and supportive as I have and FX for :bfp: very soon!

xx

Hey KT!! :wave:

Thanks for joining us in the VR WaGs! Tally is right, it's definiitely the right place for anything TTC after VR! The ladies on here are just lovely and it's so great to see them all sharing their experiences which are so varied after the VR.
Congrats on your hubby gettin his done! Where did he get it done? If you call them or your Dr's they should be able to provide you with numbers and figures etc, I couldnt see why they wouldnt.
Good luck with your TTC journey, I look forward to sharing your journey with you! :thumbup: xx

:dust: xx

:D

Got the pot for OH to fill, gonna arrange him filling it around my fertile window (don't want him abstaining during that do we!!) hopefully we'll have some more numbers to go by soon! FX they've actually gone up rather than down this time..... :wacko:

xx

Good luck tallybee. Really hope things are looking better for you xx

Hi girls,

Hi Wannabeprego,

DH has a low count. The first SA was 3 million and only 50% motility. The second SA was 4 million and 0% motility. Since then I put him on Fertility Blend and Source One vitamins from Walmart. We have a third SA on July 13 to see if the vitamins have done something. I will share the results. There’s this guy named Rich in another website who can guide you on what type of vitamins to give your husband. He seems to know a lot about SA’s results. Good luck!

:wave: KT and welcome! I am TTC VR baby no 2, so am proof that it happens :thumbup:

When we were TTC Holly, DH was taking a lot of vitamins as reccomended by Dr Dawson. I've put the link on in case anyone's interested, there's also a page about SA after VR which I found quite useful. I also used preseed, which I'm convinced helped as I never have ewcm.

https://www.vasectomyreversals.co.uk/downloads/

I think I forgot how hard TTC is, I'm bloody exhausted from looking after Holly.
The last thing on my mind is BD :rofl:
I'm trying to take a less involved approach this time round, I'm not temping, but I can't resist an opk (I'm a POAS addict :dohh:)

Hope things go well for you Tallybee, FX and a big :hugs:

Thanks for the link sapphire :) I seem to remember reading some of those pages before, it's really good to have plenty of info to go on isn't it.

:dust:
xx

hi KT welcome to the group just wanted to say my cycle became irregular when we were ttc and i had a short lp, so i took vit B6 50mh and the same mth i got my bfp... So u could try that too..

Good luck Tally on dh's new sa xx

hi KT welcome to the group just wanted to say my cycle became irregular when we were ttc and i had a short lp, so i took vit B6 50mh and the same mth i got my bfp... So u could try that too..

Good luck Tally on dh's new sa xx

My prenatal vit has 2.6mg B6 in it. Do you think I should be taking an extra supplement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->