The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi ladies,

I'm new and I just noticed this thread AFTER I made a post:

So my husband had the big V about 7 years ago after his last child with his ex wife.

We went for a consult for a v-reversal and the Dr. said he felt like we had a 50% or less of conceiving. =( Heart breaking.

History:

Me - 29, two little girls 9 and 7
Him - 38, three little girls 11, 9, and 7

He had kids easily with his ex and I got pregnant easily with my ex.

The Dr. only charges $1,500 for the operation and he only does 1 per year. He's a urologist. For the Dr.'s that do this all the time, it's about 5K-8K and we just can't afford that.

He is calling today for his operation date and I feel anxious.

I am just curious if anyone has been given these seemingly terrible odds and still managed to conceive?

Thanks in advance!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/1558455k3nu1c4wwj.gif

Welcome to the group.... Your chances are greatly affected by how much :spermy: your DH has after the surgery and how old the Vasectomy is.

My DH had a 14 year old vasectomy that we reversed. ,and although his numbers were low he still had sperm...So try to keep a positive outlook and I will keep my fingers crossed that his reversal is a success. Plus you can get your DH to take vitamins to help improve his sperm numbers after the surgery as well. Good luck hun....

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/c37d19b7-1.gif

@Happy Bunny, I am sorry that the :witch: got you hun...:hugs: I hope you have better luck this next cycle...

Thanks for looking at my HPT's!!! :flower: I am glad you think it looks like my BFP....I hope and pray that it finally is!!! I am trying to wait to retest with a more reliable store bought test after AF is late so I dont waste $$ on alot of tests and since it is still a little early..i will be sure to update the testing thread once I do though...Wish me luck...

OMG! I'm watching The Great Sperm Race on 4OD (on demand - online). It's a HUGE eye opener! Well worth watching.

I actually feel sorry for sperm lol

@Happy Bunny, I am sorry that the :witch: got you hun...:hugs: I hope you have better luck this next cycle...

Thanks for looking at my HPT's!!! :flower: I am glad you think it looks like my BFP....I hope and pray that it finally is!!! I am trying to wait to retest with a more reliable store bought test after AF is late so I dont waste $$ on alot of tests and since it is still a little early..i will be sure to update the testing thread once I do though...Wish me luck...

I think this is it for you! sending you lots of :dust: :dust: :dust:

OMG! I'm watching The Great Sperm Race on 4OD (on demand - online). It's a HUGE eye opener! Well worth watching.

I actually feel sorry for sperm lol

I didn't know they had show about that. I'll have to check it out.

Hello ladies,

Today is my initial scan and I'll start clomid too. FX's we get enough sperm for IUI.

I think this is it for you! sending you lots of :dust: :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/6eb4a04d.gif

Good luck Hunnybunny! I have everything crossed for you! Let us know how it all goes!

Good luck HappyBunny, got everything crossed for you!

Wannabe, it's so exciting! I pray it's a sticky for you.

:hugs: CJ, sorry you're having a crappy time. Good luck with the adoption.

:wave: Faithmom, welcome to the group. I think with VRs there's always only a 50% chance of conceiving. There's about a 90% chance the op will be successful, but they class it as successful if there's live sperm after the op. We were given a 50% chance, and that was before the op - they only managed to re-attach one side so our chances were less than that. We still got Holly though, so it's totally possible!

Ladies, I am being driven nuts. I did an IC a couple of days ago, and it was negative, but I took it out the bin the next day and it had a faint second line on it. It must have been an evap though because I've done 2 different tests since and both were BFN. There's a reason why they tell you not to interpret the results after 10 minutes :haha: I want the 2ww to hurry up so I can stop obsessing over every minute symptom :dohh:

@Saphire, thank you for looking at my HPT's and thanks for the prayers.....:flower:

Good luck and baby dust to you hun....I hope you get your BFP this cycle!! :dust::dust:

Ladies, I am being driven nuts. I did an IC a couple of days ago, and it was negative, but I took it out the bin the next day and it had a faint second line on it. It must have been an evap though because I've done 2 different tests since and both were BFN. There's a reason why they tell you not to interpret the results after 10 minutes :haha: I want the 2ww to hurry up so I can stop obsessing over every minute symptom :dohh:

I know that feeling!! I'm 4DPO today and already symptom spotting - I promised myself I wouldn't but I think the fact that I KNOW I ovulated is making me bonkers. I was all excited yesterday .... I had blood tinged CM and later on, a pink coloured CM when I wiped. I thought it might have been IB, then I came to my senses! Impossible at 3dpo. I've other "symptoms" too that are playing with my head ... sore bbs on and off and a low right sided cramp occasionally.

I think I've officially lost the plot hahaha

I know that feeling!! I'm 4DPO today and already symptom spotting - I promised myself I wouldn't but I think the fact that I KNOW I ovulated is making me bonkers. I was all excited yesterday .... I had blood tinged CM and later on, a pink coloured CM when I wiped. I thought it might have been IB, then I came to my senses! Impossible at 3dpo. I've other "symptoms" too that are playing with my head ... sore bbs on and off and a low right sided cramp occasionally.

I think I've officially lost the plot hahaha

Keeping FX's that maybe it is IB. When are you going to start testing?

I'm not getting my hopes up for IB :(. I'll probably start testing on Sun/Mon. FXd!

Hello ladies, i have a quick question for you. I dont consider myself as over weight but the last 2 weeks i have been eating healthier and exercising just to try and get my body ready for a bump, im into my 2ww now and the exercise dvd im doing requires me to do quite a few stomach crunches, does anyone know if this is safe?

Hi Ladies
Guess I need some hope / inspiration really.
My story is I am 39, DH 43 we have two children together, 12 and 10 and regretted having the V when our youngest was a baby. Had a VR four years ago which was a complete failure, poor DR had a second reversal April 2010 which in August the results were positive, albeit low sperm at 7million but everything else was good such as motility / progression. We felt quite uplifted by the results as it was better than no sperm. Since then we have been trying to conceive. I have to say it is incredibly tough and draining as this has been on our minds for 4 years now, and the disappointment each month is heartbreaking. I worry that as its nearly 18 months since the last VR that it is never going to happen and maybe we just have to accept that. Also has anyone had any success with any fertility supplements for both partners? Any advice, support would be most appreciated. Good luck to you all xx

Hi Ladies
Guess I need some hope / inspiration really.
My story is I am 39, DH 43 we have two children together, 12 and 10 and regretted having the V when our youngest was a baby. Had a VR four years ago which was a complete failure, poor DR had a second reversal April 2010 which in August the results were positive, albeit low sperm at 7million but everything else was good such as motility / progression. We felt quite uplifted by the results as it was better than no sperm. Since then we have been trying to conceive. I have to say it is incredibly tough and draining as this has been on our minds for 4 years now, and the disappointment each month is heartbreaking. I worry that as its nearly 18 months since the last VR that it is never going to happen and maybe we just have to accept that. Also has anyone had any success with any fertility supplements for both partners? Any advice, support would be most appreciated. Good luck to you all xx

Hello :flower: I've heard the fertility supplements are quite good so worth giving them a try! Excuse me for asking but did your hubby have his 2nd VR done by the same surgeon who did it originally? My DF had his VR in feb this yr and he has no sperm so it has failed :cry: we are in 2 minds to have a re-do as its a lot of money for it to fail again. I hope you dont mind me asking but where did you have the op done? Ihope you get your BFP soon hun x x

FX for you Chatty, you never know!

Hello MissViolet. My DH was taking supplements after his VR, and we did conceive. Here is a link to our surgeon's page, with the recommended supps. It's under the section 'Lifestyle and dietary advice for the reversal patient'.

https://www.vasectomyreversals.co.uk/downloads/

I took prenatal multivits and maca. We also used preseed lubricant. I'm not sure what worked, as we've been TTC #2 for 5 months with no luck, and all we've tried is preseed. :dust: to you...

Littlelou, our surgeon is quite famous for doing redos in the UK - not sure where you are.

DH uses Wellman Conception, has started eating more healthily and has started exercising. I use Pregnacare vitamins, I also eat healthily and have been losing weight to prepare for pregnancy (now within the healthy BMI range! Woohoo!), and exercising. I used soy iso, conceive + and softcups this month too.

Good luck and babydust!!

Hello ladies, i have a quick question for you. I dont consider myself as over weight but the last 2 weeks i have been eating healthier and exercising just to try and get my body ready for a bump, im into my 2ww now and the exercise dvd im doing requires me to do quite a few stomach crunches, does anyone know if this is safe?

Hi CJ, no, stomach crunches at this stage won't do any harm - they'll help to tone up the area. Don't do them when your BFP arrives tho (you'll probably be feeling too tired anyhow!). Instead, start working on that pelvic floor and light exercise such as walking. After 13 weeks, have a look at antenatal yoga.

You need to be careful with exercise during pregnancy as the body starts to produce the hormone Relaxin - it's easy to overdo things which leads to injury.

(I'm training for my ante/post natal yoga teacher dip. at the moment)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->