The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Uggghhhh, Grrrrr..... DH just noticed water dripping from the celing over the stair well, so the master bathroom is right above there and we both think it is the shower in the master bath... It is this old gross tiled shower that was an original to the house when it was built 32 years ago and the tile is in bad shape, and always gets all mold in the cracks and we have always hated the shower in there, and have been talking about redoing it... So now it looks like we wont be able to shower in there anymore... We are going to have to use the guest bathroom shower now instead. The only problem is I dont know when we will have the money to redo that shower in there. I know that DH should be able to Demo it and rip out the tiles himself, but as far as redoing it, we may need to call in a professional... ugghhhh.. What a pain... Grrr.... :growlmad:

Now I think that poor DH has caught my cold that I have had for over a week now to, and I am feeling a little better but still not 100% so I dont know if we will be able to go out satuday night or not... Blah....

That's fab that the miscroscope works CJ, it seems a better way of keeping track than OPKs, they never worked for me.

:hugs: HappyBunny, I'm so sorry that your TTC plans have been disrupted, it sucks :nope:

Wannabe, I hope you manage to get the shower sorted soon. It's a good job your DH noticed the dripping - that happened in my ex's house and the ceiling collapsed! Boo to having a cold, they seem to be doing the rounds at the moment. Everyone in my house has got one too.

@Saphire, I hope everyone in your house feels better soon!!! :hugs:

EEEeeekkkk...OMG. about your ex's ceiling falling in!!!! Ugghhh... Hopefully our ceiling wont get to that point, lord help us!!!! :wacko: :wacko:

Hi ladies

Do you mind if I join u?

My DH has his vr in march after 20 years, it's a long time but we figured any chance was better than no chance! Our first sa was in June which the consultant said showed zero. We were to have another sa in sept but decided against it and are just living in hope now!

We've only been ttc since after our wedding in sept but I'm already finding every AF devastating. It's so good to find this thread and others that understand exactly what I'm going through!

C x

Hi ladies

Do you mind if I join u?

My DH has his vr in march after 20 years, it's a long time but we figured any chance was better than no chance! Our first sa was in June which the consultant said showed zero. We were to have another sa in sept but decided against it and are just living in hope now!

We've only been ttc since after our wedding in sept but I'm already finding every AF devastating. It's so good to find this thread and others that understand exactly what I'm going through!

C x

Hi Cmo and Welcome to the group!!!:flower: I am sorry that your first SA didnt show any swimmers. Have you had your DH try vitamins. I have mine on these vitamins from G&C and my DH has seen improvement after taking the vitamins since he had his first SA done. I use the "Daily Wellness Company® FertilityBlend™ for Men" I listed the link below.

https://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134277

Good luck to you. I hope that your next SA has better results. I also know that their is a procedure that can be used where the DR extracts the sperm directly from the man's testicles and join the sperm and your eggs together like how they would do for an IVF procedure, so there is an alternative. You may also want to ask the DR if it would be worth redoing the procedure or not if your DH doesnt see any swimmers for the next future SA.

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/th30-CupWELCOMEGROUPCUP.gif

Wannabe - what a day of highs and lows you had! I hope you get the leak fixed and huge congratulations on your new job!!!

CMo - welcome to the group! I'm also in Scotland. Sorry to hear about your first SA :(. My hubby had his VR in June after a 14yr vasectomy - we haven't had an official SA yet but have seen spermies at home with the microscope. Fingers crossed your hubby's next SA is more positive. I have my hubby on maca, CoQ10 and wellman conception to "boost" his swimmers.

Happy BDing Tally and CJ!

Sapphire - still keeping you in my thoughts ... This must be the longest wait in history for you. It makes me realise how silly it is getting frustrated during the 2ww :(. I have everything crossed that baby was playing hide n seek last week.

Happybunny - hope you're ok hun, thinking of you too.

Welcome CMo :flower: Sorry to hear your first SA didn't go well. There's always hope though, I agree that it's a good idea to take vitamins. From a personal point of view, I think I would want to have another SA done. TTC is so stressful anyway, I would really want to know before going through it. I completely understand why you wouldnt want to have another SA done though :hugs:

Thanks Chatty :hugs: It's absolutely not silly to be frustrated in the 2WW. Each one drove me nuts :haha: I know it sounds a bit pessimistic, but I've decided to keep on thinking that there's something wrong with the pregnancy. If it is bad news, I think that would make me cope better than if I had allowed myself to get my hopes up. DH is coming home tonight, am really glad about that!

Hi
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to find people that understand.
I'm on a mission tomorrow to buy vitamins then might think about another sample in march, which will be a year after vr to see what is going on. Then at least we know if we need to consider other options.

ChattyB where in Scotland are you? I'm just outside Edinburgh

C x

I'm just outside Glasgow! One of our other ladies on here is over by you too! I'm sure she'll pop along soon and say "hi"

We could have all the makings of a Scottish VR meet-up!! ;)

Aw, wish I was still up in Scotland! I lived in Aberdeen, but DH still works there :D

I'm just outside Glasgow! One of our other ladies on here is over by you too! I'm sure she'll pop along soon and say "hi"

We could have all the makings of a Scottish VR meet-up!! ;)

Lol that would be interesting eh! 3 women, lots of vino and chat about vr lol

What surgeon did you use?? X

Awwwww, I am all the way in the States, which is to bad that I am so far away because I would love to have a meet up with you lovely girls.....:flower:

AFM, The ceiling below our master bathroom stopped dripping and is dry to the touch today, since we stopped using the shower in that bathroom, and DH shut the water off at the sink and the toilet in case the problem wasnt the shower causing the dripping ceiling problem. DH started demo on the shower and started taking down the tiles this afternoon, I have a feeling that project is going to take him a long time to complete, and I am not sure when we will be able to replace the shower walls in there and repair it, it should be easier to afford the project when I am able to return back to work though.

DH went to go pick up some chinese food for dinner, and since we both arent feeling that great it looks like it will be a quiet night in with some movies we rented, so just taking it easy this weekend. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far....:flower:

OMG, girls..... I just peeked in on DH's master shower demo.... and I thought he was just taking the old tile down... But nope... he has the whole friggen wall gone.....WTH.... He seems to think he can fix the shower himself, and I asked him if he had ever done dry wall before, and of course the answer was no.... but he went on and on about how easy this is going to be... lord help me.. I have a feeling this isnt going to go well and be an easy process. I tried to suggest we get an estimate from a professional to see about redoing the shower.... and he doesnt seem to be on board with it... lord help me....:wacko:

Oh dear wannabe! I think men think they're superman sometimes :haha: I hope he manages it and it doesn't turn into a complete disaster!

Morning ladies! Well my "don't obsess in the 2ww" attitude fell flat on its face this morning :(.

I'm 9dpo and tested with a Superdrug own brand. I got all excited as instead of the stark white I usually get - there were two lines. One of the ladies kindly posted a photo in the preg-test board BUT looking at the test now, I'm pretty sure I've got my first ever evap :( ... It's more obvious in real life (my photography skills are as crap as my computer skills!). It's plainly obvious looking at it here - no squinting needed. It's looking thinner and more grey by the minute.

Oh well! Guess I'm now on the testing train. I'll see what tomorrows test shows!

:hugs: Chatty. I heard that superdrug tests are prone to evaps, which is weird because I've heard a lot of people recommending them too. I hope tomorrow brings you 2 lines!

@Chatty, I looked at your testing thread and left a comment with a tweak of your pic!!! Good luck to you hun!!! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->