The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

@Clare - my hubby got it from EBay, its from India and cost around £70, it's not great quality but it does the job! I'm pretty sure it goes up to x1200.

thank you chatty, im going to have a look

Sorry to hear that Wannabe

I want to test but know it is too early 7DPO, but my golly it is hard, never wanted to before just got an urge too arggghhh

Sorry to hear that Wannabe

I want to test but know it is too early 7DPO, but my golly it is hard, never wanted to before just got an urge too arggghhh

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/good_luck-6.jpg

Hi ladies. I Really hope im not going to upset anyone by posting in here I just really need advice and have no idea where to look. Hubby and I may be looking into a reversal very soon. He had his vasectomy 2 weeks ago and I had a huge change of heart almost immediately after. He now feels bad and wishes he hadnt done it because he didn't know how upset id be. We do have two beautiful little girls but i would still like one more.

I posted a thread in TTc but got only 1 answer. I will spoiler my TTC post here and hope that maybe someone can help and if not maybe when it comes time to reverse if we have to I can find some support here.

Hey ladies. Hubby had a vasectomy 11 days ago. I wasn't ready as I though I was for it and broke down after. The doctor told him he does still have sperm until about 20 ejaculations to 6 weeks post vas. So after my breakdown he decided we could try for another. It's earlier then I really wanted after our last baby but it's our only shot.

I can't really find any info one what the chances are that he has enough sperm left 11 days after the vasectomy. He had it done on the 16th. All I can fine is that sometimes it takes as long as 6 weeks to 3 months for the count to be 0.

My last period was November 12th and lasted 4 days. We had unprotected sex on the 21,26 and 27 and will probably continue to daily or every other day until AF shows or doesnt. If I have a regular cycle(not likely only 2 months post baby) then I should have ovulated on the 26th or 27th. I had really bad achy pain on my left side both of those days so who knows. I have never had pain when ovulation but maybe I do now. I guess all I can really do is hope he has enough left and hope I ovulate some time near a date we have sex.

Sorry I don't know if this was a bad place to post this I just needed to get it out and see if maybe anyone knew the chances.

Again im really sorry for posting here and feel free to tell me to bugger off if I made a mistake posting here i just dont know where to turn anymore.

I wish you all the best and pray for BFP for you all.

@yourstruly, Welcome to the group hun....:flower: It is very nice to meet you!!! :winkwink:

This is a great group of girls that have OH's that have had VR's and you are welcome to join us!!! I know there is a very high chance that your VR will be a success because it was so recently done!!! The success rates for VR's doesnt go down until many years have gone by, so I think you have a high chance of success!!! My DH had a 14 year old vasectomy reversed and it was a success!!! Good luck to you hun!!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/WTGfairy2.jpg

:hugs: you're more than welcome here hun! I'll keep everything crossed that you manage to catch that egg! I know there's a way you could freeze sperm through a fertility clinic - this might be a good start as "back up" if you don't fall pregnant before the vasectomy takes full effect. If your hubby does have a reversal, I would do it sooner rather than later as the success rates decline the longer you leave it.

It might be a good idea to get your hubby on fertility supplements to give his remaining swimmers a "boost". It take around 12 weeks for new sperm to be made and reach maturity and might help you get pregnant before he needs to thing of a VR.

My hubby had his 13yr old vasectomy reversed in June, he has sperm present (had no official SA) but not sure of the counts.

Good luck huni, let us know how you're getting on!

Hi ladies. I Really hope im not going to upset anyone by posting in here I just really need advice and have no idea where to look. Hubby and I may be looking into a reversal very soon. He had his vasectomy 2 weeks ago and I had a huge change of heart almost immediately after. He now feels bad and wishes he hadnt done it because he didn't know how upset id be. We do have two beautiful little girls but i would still like one more.

I posted a thread in TTc but got only 1 answer. I will spoiler my TTC post here and hope that maybe someone can help and if not maybe when it comes time to reverse if we have to I can find some support here.

Hey ladies. Hubby had a vasectomy 11 days ago. I wasn't ready as I though I was for it and broke down after. The doctor told him he does still have sperm until about 20 ejaculations to 6 weeks post vas. So after my breakdown he decided we could try for another. It's earlier then I really wanted after our last baby but it's our only shot.

I can't really find any info one what the chances are that he has enough sperm left 11 days after the vasectomy. He had it done on the 16th. All I can fine is that sometimes it takes as long as 6 weeks to 3 months for the count to be 0.

My last period was November 12th and lasted 4 days. We had unprotected sex on the 21,26 and 27 and will probably continue to daily or every other day until AF shows or doesnt. If I have a regular cycle(not likely only 2 months post baby) then I should have ovulated on the 26th or 27th. I had really bad achy pain on my left side both of those days so who knows. I have never had pain when ovulation but maybe I do now. I guess all I can really do is hope he has enough left and hope I ovulate some time near a date we have sex.

Sorry I don't know if this was a bad place to post this I just needed to get it out and see if maybe anyone knew the chances.

Again im really sorry for posting here and feel free to tell me to bugger off if I made a mistake posting here i just dont know where to turn anymore.

I wish you all the best and pray for BFP for you all.

welcome to the group yourstruly10, all the ladies on here are very nice and wouldnt ever make you feel unwelcome, we all support one another in every step of our vr ttc..
my dh had a vr in june after 14 years, at first it was a success however recent tests have shown that it has reversed it self. that is very highly unlikely to happen to you because your dh has just had his v..

:hugs::hugs:

:hugs: yourstruly, of course you're welcome here. I remember your post about the fact your DH was getting a vasectomy. If it takes 6 weeks for all sperm to disappear, then it sounds like you have a good chance, get BD! If you're not successful and you do want to have a reversal, do it sooner rather than later. Do your research and find a good surgeon, and there's a massive chance of success. Usually after VR there is a fair chance of pregnancy (around 55%) but I think that is mainly due to the fact that most vasectomies were done a long time before the reversals. It also depends on other factors such as the female's fertility too.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

So sorry wannabe, it's tough riding this rollercoaster for so long :hugs:

Welcome to the group yourstruly10! You mustn't worry about whether you should post in here. The others are right, the shorter time between the v and the vr, the higher chance of success. There have been many success stories of babies born from vr's!

All the best everyone!

Awe thank you so much ladies. Im keeping my fingers crossed we caught something and that there was enough sperm left while i was ovulating( if i ovulated ). I do know I am quite fertile. With our first it took one month and with our second it took 2 months. My first two are a year and 8 days apart and if by some miracle i get pregnant without it being reverse my second an third would be about 11 months apart. Not exactly the gap I would have wanted but there is that chance this could be our only shot so im taking it.

Hopefully we wont have to go through the reversal process but if we do it is so nice to know you ladies are here and that there is a fairly good chance it would work.

:hugs:

I have everything crossed for you. Wow you would have your hands full with those close age gaps! Still, it'd be worth it :hugs:

Thank you for all of the kind words and support ladies.... :flower:

I am doing alright and have been keeping busy today. I went nuts and cleaned the house like a mad women. I cleaned all 3 of our bathrooms, vacumed, swept and dusted etc. Than I finished putting up the Christmas decorations and finished decorating our tree. It came out pretty. I have included a picture.

I also found out that I wont be needed to go back to work for that temporary job with the staffing agency until the New Year. I was kind of hoping I could go back to work sooner than that because it would of been nice to have some extra $$ for X-Mas, but at least hopefully I will have a job in the New Year if everything goes as planned.

I hope that all of you girls are having a wonderful week.....

DSC05390.jpg

Hi was just wanting some advice about the opt. I tested on Monday and had 2 faint lines, yesterday I tested and they were darker than Monday's. Do I keep testing til I get just one line again? Me and dh are just continuing with ttc until after new year and we go back for another sa.

:wave:

That's a bit crappy you won't have that work before Xmas wannabe, FX everything goes to plan in the new year.

Clare I'm not that experienced with those OPK things but as far as I am aware if the test line is darker than or the same as the other one it's a positive which means you should ov soon. I think it can show 2 lines most of the time and it's just comparing the darkness of them. Not sure if it matters if they are both light or both dark?? Maybe someone can explain better :flower:

I have NEVER had a true positive on the IC OPKs! I also use the clear blue monitor and very occasionally, the clear blue smiley one.

My ICs show 2 clear lines during my LH surge but the test line always remains lighter than the control line. I've managed to work out what MY particular positive looks like on them now.

Everyone is different, everybody has slightly different hormone levels - maybe my body only produces a smaller than average amount of LH hormone, enough to trigger OV but not enough to show 2 strong lines on the OPKs?

Keep on BDing - the OPKs don't dictate when you'll get pregnant - you can ovulate without a +OPK (usually means you've missed testing during the LH surge). Most people ovulate within 12-36hrs after their first +OPK)

In the spirit of "positive thinking" ... My monitor will be for sale after Xmas - you know, when I get my Xmas BFP lol.

Wannabe - your tree is beautiful!! The extra cash from your new job would've been handy before Xmas but there are positives - enjoy your last few weeks at home without the burden getting to work. Pamper yourself! Hopefully, this time next year, when you're juggling the needs of a newborn baby and sleep deprived and the tree is still stuck in the garage 4 days before Xmas ... You'll remember this Xmas and think "if only i could be that chilled out and organised now...."

You never know ladies! By next Xmas, we could all be sporting huge bumps or having our first Xmas with a new baby! This may just be your last "quiet" Xmas.

(I'm ALL about positive thoughts today :) )

Hi, my name's Cat.. We have 4 children aged 13, 11, 5 and 3. Dh had a vasectomy 2 years ago and we have just booked in a vr on 11th Jan 2012!! Yesterday, the urologist said dh has a tender lump on epididymis which could be a blow out or a cyst. Hope it isn't a blowout or he will only be able to reattach one side.. :dohh: I hope the vr works as it's such a lot of money to waste! :wacko:
I am so nervous :nope:

Hey Cat! Welcome to the forum!

Exciting news! January will be here in no time. The original V was only 2 years ago so the VR has a good chance of being a success. Don't worry if the dr can only attach one side a there are plenty of ladies on here that have fallen pregnant after their partners have only had one side attached.

Good luck Hun!

Hi Cat :wave: Nice to have you here! Don't worry if the surgeon is only able to reattach one side. My DH only has one side done, and we managed to have a LO post vr. Good luck with it!

Gorgeous tree wannabe :D

I like the positive thinking Chatty, wish I could be like that at the moment :wacko:

Clare, I've never got a positive opk. The test line is meant to be darker than the control line for a true positive result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->