The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi everyone, My DH had his VR on oct 11th. He first had it done rather reluctantly with his last partner but as soon as we met we decided we would like one together. We have 5 between us! We got married in August and are now TTC even thought we havnt had the SA done we got onto it straightaway!... Im chuffed there are so many of you that are in the same boat and i can see plenty of BFP's so im feeling alot more positive now.
Bit worried being 31 im on a time clock tho, all this over 30 stuff. Well its nice to be here and thankyou for having me xxx

:wave: Ruby. I'm 31 too :D I don't think our age will be a problem. My only potential problem is that DH only had one side reconnected, and he had the VR in Dec 2009 so a while ago now. It worked though so anything's possible!

Hey Clare. Good luck with your next SA, FX it's better than last time :hugs: Lovely news about your SIL :cloud9:

Good luck for Thursday wannabe, I hope everything goes well. Sorry to hear about the job :hugs:

We have got to get this SA sorted out, he had the op in BMI Bath tho and we live in cardiff which is an hour drive. Thing is you have to get the sample to them within an hour so we are kind of in limbo at the mo as how we are going to manage this. Any ideas?!! x

DH produced his sample in the clinic, they will probably let you do that. I think he felt a bit self conscious though :haha:

Hi everyone, My DH had his VR on oct 11th. He first had it done rather reluctantly with his last partner but as soon as we met we decided we would like one together. We have 5 between us! We got married in August and are now TTC even thought we havnt had the SA done we got onto it straightaway!... Im chuffed there are so many of you that are in the same boat and i can see plenty of BFP's so im feeling alot more positive now.
Bit worried being 31 im on a time clock tho, all this over 30 stuff. Well its nice to be here and thankyou for having me xxx

Welcome to the group!! Good luck and baby dust to you!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome-3-1.jpg

Welcome Ruby! Hopefully its your month this month!

That meant to say oodles not noodles!! Predictive text on my phone ..lol

hi ladies, its been a long time since i last posted on here.. i just needed to stop for a while as it was doing my head in over the sa test and the fact we had to wait 2 months for another test..
hope you all hsd a good xmas and 2012 is our year for all of bfp's..
welcome to the new vr ladies on here and good luck to you...
sapphire im so sorry for your loss hun, sending big :hugs::hugs: your way....
my update: going to see surgeon and have another sa done and see where we go from there, we have decided to get a re-do if we need to which i think after last sa is a very strong possibility.. after that ive found a clinic which offers free ivf if you donate your eggs, which is what we will do.
my sister-in-law has just found out she is pregnant with her first baby following her 1st round of ivf, she suffers from poly-cystic ovaries. im relly pleased for them and wish them the very best..
sending lots of :dust::dust: to all of you

Hi Clare, happy new year and hope you are well! You mentioned a clinic which offers free IVF if you donate eggs, are you in the UK? Where does this, it's an interesting consideration which I would probably consider myself in a year or two if things don't happen the natural way. Thank you! And :dust: to all xxx

Hi girls, I hope everyone is doing well and that your New Years is off to a great start!! :flower:

AFM, not much going on since it is the first part of my cycle. I finally got the courage up and scheduled the Saline Sonohysterography for this Thursday afternoon. I am nervous about it but I realize it is a necessary evil to get me one step closer to scheduling my first IUI. DH is taking the day off to go with me to the appointment. When I did my HSG it was pretty ruff on me so I want DH to be with me in case I need him to drive me, and i am hoping that this procedure will be alot easier than the HSG was!!! As I previously mentioned the DR wants to get a closer look at a bump that is on one side of my uterus to see what it is that showed up in my X-Ray on my HSG. I am hoping that I wont need to have it surgically removed and that I will be able to move forward with the IUI after I do this last test. I am going to have to wait on hubby's tax return to come in so we can afford to pay for our first round of IUI, so hopefully that will be happening soon.

I got some crappy news about a week ago and I didnt get the temp job that was supposed to be starting this week. The lady I have been working with at a staffing agency told me the work flow slowed down and they no longer needed the additional help. so I am upset about that, and now I am back on the hunt for a job again... sigh... I am not looking forward to the stress of looking for another job again, I am so burned out and exhausted from my previous attempts... ugghhh... :wacko:wish me luck girls....

Sorry to hear about the job hunni. I hope you find something soon :) I also hope your IUI can go ahead without undue complications!

Welcome to the group Ruby! It's fab to find a community of understanding people in the same situation isn't it :hugs: Being over 30 shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't have thought - I'm only a couple of years behind you so hopefully we'll all be sound!

DH produced his sample in the clinic, they will probably let you do that. I think he felt a bit self conscious though :haha:

Same with my DH! He was so embarrassed, but yea they have a room they let them go in :haha: There would have been no way he could get the sample to the hospital in the time if he'd done it at home though so there was no other way really...

Positive opk today!! Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!!
Welcome Ruby!! :)

Ooooo good stuff, it's brilliant to see those lovely lines isn't it! :sex::sex::sex:

hi ladies, its been a long time since i last posted on here.. i just needed to stop for a while as it was doing my head in over the sa test and the fact we had to wait 2 months for another test..
my update: going to see surgeon and have another sa done and see where we go from there, we have decided to get a re-do if we need to which i think after last sa is a very strong possibility.. after that ive found a clinic which offers free ivf if you donate your eggs, which is what we will do.
my sister-in-law has just found out she is pregnant with her first baby following her 1st round of ivf, she suffers from poly-cystic ovaries. im relly pleased for them and wish them the very best..

Hi Clare, happy new year and hope you are well! You mentioned a clinic which offers free IVF if you donate eggs, are you in the UK? Where does this, it's an interesting consideration which I would probably consider myself in a year or two if things don't happen the natural way. Thank you! And :dust: to all xxx

Aw that's fab about your SIL clare :happydance: All the best with the next SA.

Like Jungleland, I would be verrrry interested in a place doing free IVF if you donate eggs! I've heard of places that do it discounted but that's still expensive!

All the best everyone

:dust:

Im currently waiitng back on blood tests to become an egg sharer for reduced IVF costs. Hoping I can start soon. I would love to help another woman and I have considered this long and hard.

ICSI (where they inject sperm directly into the eggs) is more expensive than traditional IVF but Im paying £700 overall for treatment for ICSI at CRGW clinic in Cardiff.

Im trying naturally until I can start that but Im fed up of waiting naturally now too many BFN's for me :cry:

I thought vasectomy reversal had failed with the rubbish SA's VR was 3 years ago and they could only atatch one side but his recent very good results mean we can TTC naturally up until I start ICSI. I could just decide to TTC naturally but its too mentally stressful for me and poor DH

I have some wonderful information for ladies trying the soft cup and preseed methods.
Firstly i tried using body temperature preseed and soft cup went in perfect! BUT started having really bad cramps at this point it had been in for about four hours and i couldn't take the pain anymore. It was definitely a reaction to the preseed. :-(
I also took a look at the semen in the cup twice once with the preseed after four hours of it being in and one of just the semen after four hours of use. Both times there were very few sperm even present when usually my husband has a lot which to me means a lot more of them are making it to their ultimate destination. Also all the sperm that i did see under the scope after the four hour period were all dead which tells me there is no need to keep it in longer than four hours.

Oh and when i had the soft cup in with semen alone in it i had a couple random cramps but nothing unbearable.
I hope this helps answer a few questions about the soft cup process for any of you ladies doing it or considering it. It sure answered some of my questions about it.

Oh and today I'm ovulating!!! My first time charting my bbt and using opk strips. :) yay i was starting to think i wasn't Oing since i had 5 cycles of bfn... now i know it's dh... anyhow blessings to all you wonderful ladies i hope we all get our beautiful BFP asap!!!!

Thanks for the info Oodles. I used preseed to get my bfp with Holly. I think I'll try softcups if I don't get a bfp soon.

hi, yes im in uk, im in the northeast, where about are you?
the clinic is called the londons women clinic and they have 4 in uk. darlington, wales london and i cant remember the other one but i will look and post later.. just type in google londons womens clinic asnd it will give you them..

Hi girls, I hope everyone is doing well and that your New Years is off to a great start!! :flower:

AFM, not much going on since it is the first part of my cycle. I finally got the courage up and scheduled the Saline Sonohysterography for this Thursday afternoon. I am nervous about it but I realize it is a necessary evil to get me one step closer to scheduling my first IUI. DH is taking the day off to go with me to the appointment. When I did my HSG it was pretty ruff on me so I want DH to be with me in case I need him to drive me, and i am hoping that this procedure will be alot easier than the HSG was!!! As I previously mentioned the DR wants to get a closer look at a bump that is on one side of my uterus to see what it is that showed up in my X-Ray on my HSG. I am hoping that I wont need to have it surgically removed and that I will be able to move forward with the IUI after I do this last test. I am going to have to wait on hubby's tax return to come in so we can afford to pay for our first round of IUI, so hopefully that will be happening soon.

I got some crappy news about a week ago and I didnt get the temp job that was supposed to be starting this week. The lady I have been working with at a staffing agency told me the work flow slowed down and they no longer needed the additional help. so I am upset about that, and now I am back on the hunt for a job again... sigh... I am not looking forward to the stress of looking for another job again, I am so burned out and exhausted from my previous attempts... ugghhh... :wacko:wish me luck girls....

Sorry to hear about the job hunni. I hope you find something soon :) I also hope your IUI can go ahead without undue complications!

Welcome to the group Ruby! It's fab to find a community of understanding people in the same situation isn't it :hugs: Being over 30 shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't have thought - I'm only a couple of years behind you so hopefully we'll all be sound!

Same with my DH! He was so embarrassed, but yea they have a room they let them go in :haha: There would have been no way he could get the sample to the hospital in the time if he'd done it at home though so there was no other way really...

Positive opk today!! Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!!
Welcome Ruby!! :)

Ooooo good stuff, it's brilliant to see those lovely lines isn't it! :sex::sex::sex:

Aw that's fab about your SIL clare :happydance: All the best with the next SA.

Like Jungleland, I would be verrrry interested in a place doing free IVF if you donate eggs! I've heard of places that do it discounted but that's still expensive!

All the best everyone

:dust:

ive just sent a post with details of the ivf clinic. its called the londons womens clinic and they have 4 in uk.. darlington, london, wales and cant remember the other one,
i will have a look and post to you

Thanks Clare :)

justone, 700 is a great price for ICSI, I hope it doesn't become necessary though! :winkwink: I know it's so tough isn't it, I never thought how hard it'd be ttc for so long... I don't suppose anyone does ever expect it to take so long though :hugs:

Oodles, that's really interesting info!

xx

Thanks for the info Oodles! I also use softcups and concieve +, no luck so far but I'll keep going! I tend to leave mine in overnight (if we bd in the eve).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->