The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi Ladies

Would you mind of I joined you? I have just done three IVF transfers which ended in BFN's so my hubby went and had his VR done last week so we can try the good old fashioned way now instead. He has the orginal Vasectomy done just under 10 years ago and he has 4 children to his ex wife (I adore his kids and we get on really well) but now we want one (or two) or our own.

I am in Australia and we were first advised to try IVF first instead of a reversal but now we have done the reversal and are putting IVF on the back burner for awhile. The surgeon was able to reconnect both sides and now we are just waiting to see if it worked! Fingers crossed.

Hubby is only a week post surgery so still recovering. How long did you guys have to wait before you could start trying? We have been advised to wait 4 weeks. At the moment he is still so sore there is no problem waiting......haha.

Anyway I will start reading back through this thread to get to know you all.

Nicoley - congrats on your BFP!!

Katiebird - welcome to the group! I hope your hubby is recovering well. Fxd for a quick BFP!

Wannabe - congratulations for your new job! That's great news :)

Nicoley - Wooohooo! You've done it! Huge congratulations on your BFP.

Hi Ladies

Would you mind of I joined you? I have just done three IVF transfers which ended in BFN's so my hubby went and had his VR done last week so we can try the good old fashioned way now instead. He has the orginal Vasectomy done just under 10 years ago and he has 4 children to his ex wife (I adore his kids and we get on really well) but now we want one (or two) or our own.

I am in Australia and we were first advised to try IVF first instead of a reversal but now we have done the reversal and are putting IVF on the back burner for awhile. The surgeon was able to reconnect both sides and now we are just waiting to see if it worked! Fingers crossed.

Hubby is only a week post surgery so still recovering. How long did you guys have to wait before you could start trying? We have been advised to wait 4 weeks. At the moment he is still so sore there is no problem waiting......haha.

Welcome to the group!!!:flower: I hope the VR was a success and that you and hubby have alot of :spermy:!!! Good luck and baby dust to you!! I hope you get your BFP soon!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/JR-APPLEBEARS-welcome-1.jpg

Hi Ladies

welcome to the group, hope you get your bfp soon. xx

hi everyone, i dont post on here much now, as most of you know my dh vr was a sucess then it healed back over after only 5 months. we have decided to go down the route of ivf/icsi now. we are egg- sharing for reduced ivf/icsi. had our first consultation appointment on the 9th feb, i had scans which looked at my ovaries which were normal and a amh blood test which came back today as 28.42 which we were told was also normal. our next appointment is on 29th feb, this will be a counselling session ( as were are egg- sharing) and more bloods.
consultant hopes that if everything is ok we should start injections in april time :)... he has reccommended just one embryo transfer but we have decided to go for 2 embryos.

im sending lots of :dust: and :hugs::hugs: to you all.. lets have some 2012 bfp'sxxx

I'm glad things are moving forward with your treatments, and that your scans and bloods have come back normal :)

Thanks everyone

Doesn't help that my good friend has told me she is pregnant and is due the same day as I would have had I been pregnant

Didn't think it would hurt me but it has, I wish her all then best but am so upset

2nd one of my friends due on exact same days as each other and same day as I could have been

Maybe it just isn't meant to be for us...but I just need to know now...

:hugs: Waiting and not knowing if it'll happen is the toughest thing... I have everything crossed for you that your time will come :hugs:

AFM, The :witch: arrived today.. But i am okay with it and I pretty much expected it!!!

I did get some good news though and I have a job interview wednesday with a staffing agency for an admin job processing mortgage paper work. it is a temp to perm position and the commute is pretty good as well. If everything goes as it should i will be going back to work this thursday. I really hope that it is going to be a nice place to work and that i will like it there!!

Something ironic though is that this is the same lady and staffing agency that made me upset last week where I cried after i got off the phone with her, because she said I had gaps in employment and that i wouldnt be able to find work... etc...:wacko:. I am over it though if the end result is a good job for me in the end!!!

The only thing is that i might have to postpone the surgery because when you are new at a job it is sometimes hard to take any time off in the beginning, but I will see how it is when I get there. I have been stressed out and anxious though worrying about paying for the surgery with just our tax return $$ and with only DH's income. We have been pretty tight $$ wise and i really needed to get back to work ASAP. So I will be able to save up money faster when I am working full time and pay for the surgery easier, i also will be able to afford IUI when we are ready to take that step as well. I will keep you girls updated about the surgery though. :winkwink: I would feel a little sad if I had to postpone the surgery in a way but I know that waiting will make things alot easier on me and DH and take my anxiety and stress level down alot as well because to be honest with you girls I have been freaking out lately about our finances!!!

Sorry the witch got you!

Sorry the witch got you wannabe. Really hope you get the job!

Good luck Clare, I hope everything goes smoothly.

Hope you're starting to feel a little better ababytogether.

Urgh, I need to sort myself out. My friend had her gorgeous baby last night. She got pregnant the month I started TTC. Spent most of last night crying :blush: Daren't tell DH, he thinks I'm nuts already :nope:

:hugs: It's totally normal to get emotional and feel upset when we see others getting what we so want :hugs: Let yourself get the emotion out hon. Husbands can think what they like.... (mine thinks I'm mad too :blush::lol:)

so ladies i got my bfp yesterday...wanted to post in here to let yas know...dont give up!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Congratulations!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Arrrrgghhh!!

Booked the VR yesterday with Duncan Harriss!! Scared now and sick with worrying about whether we have done the right thing and chose the right surgeon!! Cant believe its really happening after over a year of talking about it........

I have never heard anyone say bad about Duncan Harriss! Lots of people have had great results with him! :thumbup::thumbup:

And just noticed a post about VR'S healing back over--arrggghhh--is this common? we werent planning on trying the second we are able we just planning on planning at the minute (palpitations)

It can happen - not sure how common though :/

Hi my lovely ladies!!! Well I just got home from my interview at the staffing agency and it went really great!!! I mostly had to fill out paperwork for direct deposit and taxes and an application for employment. And long story short... WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! I got the job and I will start tomorrow with a 9 to5 shift.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I am just so excited and happy right now, I have been doing a little happy dance all afternoon!!! :cloud9:

I am going to try to focus on saving up as much $$ as I can right now to pay for future fertility treatments, (IUI). It will be so nice having a little extra $$ again to be able to do stuff with DH again. it has been tuff just living off of DH's income alone. I also wont be stressed about paying for the surgery I need either when I was just having to rely on the tax return alone to pay for it before. I am going to see how things go with the new job tomorrow to decide on whether or not i will need to post pone the surgery for sure or not. I want to see how their training program is and how they feel about anyone taking anytime off in the first 90 days of employment, because in the first 90 days you are working as a temp for the staffing agency and than after that if you do a good job you can get hired on as a permanent employee. So i also have to keep that factor in mind if i like the job i will need to make sure i am working hard and that i have good attendance so I get hired on permanently with the company. I reallly hope that it will be a nice place to work and that I am going to like the job!! Wish me luck for my first day of work tomorrow girls!!! :thumbup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance: Great news about the job!! I hope it doesn't mess up the plans for treatment too badly!

Hi Ladies

:wave:

Welcome to the group! I am glad your man's surgery has gone smoothly!

I think we were told to wait 3 weeks post surgery to :sex: but obvs it'd depend how well he's healing :)

AFM - DH 'deposited' his latest sample at the hospital lab yesterday morning, we should have results next week. Not holding my breath for any improvement :( but hey ho......

:flower::dust::flower:

Welcome to the group Katie

Nicoley well done on your BFP

Wannabe well done on your job

Am feeling better today :)

Good luck everyone, I've got everything crossed for us all x

Hi ladies, thought I'd pop by to say hi!

Had a VERY busy week so far! My smaller pony has now gone out on loan to a lovely local family - in crossing my fingers that it all works out as its SO much easier just having one to muck out etc every day (not to mention cheaper!). I have discovered eBay selling!! I had 2 saddles going mouldy in the garage so I bought them in, cleaned them up, took photos and put them on eBay on a buy-it-now .... They both sold within 2 days and I now find myself £650 richer :). I've now got the bug and the kids are scared to stand still for too long for fear that I'll spruce them up, grab the camera and list them in an auction lol.
We're buying our new wardrobes for our bedroom this weekend too YAY!!!!

AFM .... 7dpo today and trying so hard not to symptom spot - I've been feeling really really tired for the past few days, had a little brownish CM on 5dpo and my bbs have been so sore I could quite happily cut them off and eBay them too ;). It's probably more a symptom of increased stress (coursework etc) and maybe too much caffeine rather than pregnancy symptoms but still - cant help but dream! It's been an odd cycle so far as I Ov'd 2 days later than normal. AF due on Sunday (if Ov'd on time) but not really expecting her til Tuesday now. I'll let you all know what happens.

Good luck ladies! I haven't been on here as much recently but I've been keeping you all in my thoughts.

Welcome to the group Katie

Nicoley well done on your BFP

Wannabe well done on your job

Am feeling better today :)

Good luck everyone, I've got everything crossed for us all x

I'm glad you are feeling better :hugs:

Hi ladies, thought I'd pop by to say hi!

Had a VERY busy week so far! My smaller pony has now gone out on loan to a lovely local family - in crossing my fingers that it all works out as its SO much easier just having one to muck out etc every day (not to mention cheaper!). I have discovered eBay selling!! I had 2 saddles going mouldy in the garage so I bought them in, cleaned them up, took photos and put them on eBay on a buy-it-now .... They both sold within 2 days and I now find myself £650 richer :). I've now got the bug and the kids are scared to stand still for too long for fear that I'll spruce them up, grab the camera and list them in an auction lol.
We're buying our new wardrobes for our bedroom this weekend too YAY!!!!

AFM .... 7dpo today and trying so hard not to symptom spot - I've been feeling really really tired for the past few days, had a little brownish CM on 5dpo and my bbs have been so sore I could quite happily cut them off and eBay them too ;). It's probably more a symptom of increased stress (coursework etc) and maybe too much caffeine rather than pregnancy symptoms but still - cant help but dream! It's been an odd cycle so far as I Ov'd 2 days later than normal. AF due on Sunday (if Ov'd on time) but not really expecting her til Tuesday now. I'll let you all know what happens.

Good luck ladies! I haven't been on here as much recently but I've been keeping you all in my thoughts.

:haha: at your new-found ebay bug! It's addictive isn't it!

Enjoy the clothes shopping :D

xx

Woo, lots to catch up on!

Congrats Nicoley! :happydance: Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Welcome Katiebird, FX the op is a success :D

Well done wannabe! Hope the job is going well.

Hope the SA results come back good Tally, will have everything crossed for you.

Lots of :dust: to everyone. Sounding promising Chatty :D

Thanks for the welcome girls :flower:

I have been trying to read back over the tread (man it's long!! haha). It looks like there have been a fair few people get there BFPs on here. That gives me some hope.

Do you think it makes a big difference to the result the longer it has been since the original vasectomy? Or is it more other factors or just luck of the draw? Its been just under 10 years since hubby had his and I'm worried that will effect the result?

How often do you guys do a SA? I think our first one is at 10 weeks. I soooooooo hope there is something there. I really don't want to have to do IVF again, I hated it :sad2:

Sorry for all the questions!!

x

I don't think 10 years is too bad, there's people who have successful VRs whose Vs were15+ years ago. My DH's V was 6 years before the VR, ours was successful - Holly is a VR baby, we're trying for VR baby #2.

We've only done one SA, 3 months post op. I really want to get another to see what his numbers are like, he only had one tube reattached. Been TTC 9 months, but did get a bfp a few months ago so know there must be some swimmers present. It's been over 2 years since VR now.

I just got my bfp and my hubbies was 10 yrs old... he had his reversal April 13 2011..and he refused any sa...which was difficult but easier at the same time..I would of liked to know while we were trying if we were working with something but not fretting about "oh my word they said you had a count why aren't we getting pregnant " was nice too...so it's possible...good luck with everything

Thanks so much girls for giving me hope. After IVF not working have been feeling a bit down so hoping the VR is the way to go for us.

Congrats on your VR bubbas. Nicoley - hope you have a great 9 months and Sapphire I hope bubba number 2 comes along for you soon.

Hi girls,

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. :flower:

So the job is going good so far for the most part, my first day was thursday of last week and I was surprised at first because i thought they hired me to do an administrative job dealing with closings on mortgages. But when I got there that wasnt the job that they had me doing. So i was really confused for the first part of the day:wacko:... So what i will be doing is recruiting appraisers for the company as my primary function. They wanted someone with an HR background and that was why they selected my resume as their number 1 choice out of the 7 resumes they got from the staffing agency. I eventually will be learning other HR type related duties because the girl I am training with is pregnant and will need me to cover for her when she goes out on maternity leave. She is the supervisor for the appraisers and handles their onboarding process, gets them set up in the system, and helps them with any issues that they might be having, she also does payroll, and runs reports, so eventually I am going to be doing recruiting and all of the other things she does as well. One good thing is that I am getting recruiting experience and I dont currently have that work experience so that will help me in the future. :thumbup:

The people i work for are both very nice. I really like girl that is training me and we get along really well, i feel like we are old friends and that we have known eachother for years!!! The company is a very laid back place to work, I can go to lunch and break when I want, and I have a choice of either a hour or half an hour lunch. I also can choose my shift that I work. The majority of the time once I am fully trained I will be working independently which is nice, I dont like being micro managed, so that is a plus for me that I wont be at this job. I also can work an earlier shift if i want to, so overall I like the job, i do think it could be boring at times but that is always the case with most jobs eventually...

Yesterday DH and me went shopping at these outlet malls and for the most part we had a good day, Until the car ride home and I started feeling really sick. I threw up in a shopping bag on the drive home, and than spent the first half of the night sitting on the bathroom floor throwing up in the toilet, at one point it got so bad i was sitting on the toilet with diareah and throwing up in shopping bags at the same time... At one point i didnt think i was ever going to be able to stop throwing up, I felt like I was going to pass out a few times because i was so weak... i was so tired but I couldnt fall asleep because I kept getting sick...I think i had a fever too, because I was shivering and so cold, I had the space heater on in the bedroom on high and DH said it was burning up hot in there, but I couldnt get warm, and I had a bucket with shopping bags next to the bed in case I couldnt make it to the bathroom in time... Eventually I stopped throwing up and was able to go to sleep, But man it was horrible, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. I weighed myself this morning and I literally lost 5 pounds in one day.

i think i got food poisoning, but the weird thing is that DH ate almost the same thing as me and he was perfectly fine...:shrug: This morning I feel like a zombie that had the life sucked out of them. I am trying to drink plenty of fluids and I started to nibble on some fresh fruit even though I am scared to eat right now... Good lord girls, it was horrible!!!

:hugs: wannabe, I hope you feel better soon. Sounds horrible! I'm glad your job is going well :)

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better soon wannabe! That just sounds awful :(. So glad you're job is going well too!

I'm 9dpo today and (against my better judgement) tested with an IC this afternoon .... I thought I saw a feint line within the time limit, then dismissed it as "line eye". I could see it - then I couldn't - then I could blah blah. After 5 minutes of torturing myself, I called myself all the names under the sun and left it on the countertop in the bathroom. I looked later (stupid cow alert) and low and behold ... A line. Not sure if it's pale pink or grey but it's a very pretty line none the less ;)

I'm chalking it up as an evap and will test again on Tuesday if AF hasn't arrived by then.

I've passed one of my courses too! My diploma certificate arrived today and I'm officially a "Baby Massage Instructor" YAY! Looking forwards to getting my first course up and running in the not to distant future!

My youngest "baby" isn't well at the moment :(. We ended up at A&E on Friday with an earache and temperature. She'd been up during the night on Thursday night in pain. Turns out she has a middle ear infection which has perforated her ear drum :(. She's on antibiotics now and starting to feel better, it isn't as painful because the pressure released when her eardrum popped. Dr said it will heal within 6 weeks but she has to wear ear plugs in the shower to keep it dry. I feel so bad for them when they're ill - she's been so brave.

Hope you ladies have had a great weekend!

Thanks for the well wishes girls!!! :hugs: i am feeling better today, I have been drinking plenty of fluids, ate some fruit and just had some oatmeal and i kept it all down so I think I will be back to my old self soon. I was hoping to be back to 100% for work tomorrow since i am net at the job and i cant afford to miss any work right now.

@Chatty, good luck to you hun, i hope the test is your BFP and not just some nasty evap!! :dust: :dust: I hope your child feels better soon!! :hugs:

@ wannabe: sounds horrible! Hope you feel a lot better today!

@ chatty: hope it's your turn this time! :flower:

I just felt like sharing this. Feel so down. So OH was over and I seem to ovulate and then again (??). Anyway fertile friend got my ovu date to CD 17 due to thermal shift, however it's just a dotted line so they're not quite sure. It's been a very funny ovulation for me with a lot of symptoms. Dull cramps to mild cramps which hasn't gone away completely at all. dizziness, nausea, veiny breasts and you name it. so I actually (stupid me) got my hopes up a bit.

It turns up that I had brownish discharge today and pms cramps. On CD 25. I normally do that before my period that usually turns up at CD 26-28. That means I've got a very short luteal phase which wouldn't let any embryo the chance of implant before my body decides to do a progesterone drop. :cry:

And all my symptoms, due to my high FSH, seem to point to that my body is working overtime to try and produce an eggy. This is not looking good at all :nope:

Also I ate Primrose Oil from CD1 to CD 12 something and I do believe it made me ovulate later than I have in the past. I'm just worried that I'm out with this TTC before we even got the chance to start properly.

Okay, I'm ready to officially join. This is the first cycle since DH's VR. He had his VR on January 23rd - 1yr and 3mos from his Vasectomy. I think I'm ovulating today, so I guess I'm officially in the 2ww.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->