The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Wannabe, hope you're all better now.

FX it's a real line Chatty, I'm all excited for you! :D I hope LO gets better soon, poor thing.

:hugs: Heramys. Sorry you're feeling down. There are things you can do to improve a short luteal phase. I can't remember which supplements it is, but I'm sure one of the other girls knows.

Welcome trynitey! FX that your first 2ww is a successful one!

Hello all!! I know I joined the group and went MIA. I have just been busy busy. Not much to report on though. I wish I did, but nothing is happening.

I just want to congratulate those who got their BFP! Jobs! and all the other wonderful things happening. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Okay, I'm ready to officially join. This is the first cycle since DH's VR. He had his VR on January 23rd - 1yr and 3mos from his Vasectomy. I think I'm ovulating today, so I guess I'm officially in the 2ww.

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/WelcomemnopStarbabygirl06.gif

Hello all!! I know I joined the group and went MIA. I have just been busy busy. Not much to report on though. I wish I did, but nothing is happening.

I just want to congratulate those who got their BFP! Jobs! and all the other wonderful things happening. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome_back-1.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome-back-4-1.png

Hey ladies, I hope you're all well!

I have no idea whats going on with me this cycle! AF was due on Sunday (so 2 days late) BUT I Ov'd 2 days later than normal on cd15 instead of cd13 ... so based on that, I figured AF would show today. Nada, zero, zilch so far. My bbs are still killing me which is a little unusual as they usually start getting sore around 3dpo and are fine again at 9/10dpo as progesterone starts dropping (AF starts 12dpo). I've tested a few times with ICs, all eye squinters, "there's a line, no there's not, maybe there is, naaah there's not", FRER was the same and written off as an indent.

SO, AF is late, tests inconclusive. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is my month but I think I know deep down that I'm not pregnant, just having an "off" cycle. Ill keep you guys posted either way tho'. If AF is still MIA next Monday, I'll pop to the Drs and have some blood work.

Babydust to all!

Ooh Chatty, I reckon this is it! A lot of bfps start off as line squinters, especially if implantation is late. I read that it's quite possible to only get a clear bfp at 21dpo, just due to the normal variations in hcg. 5 weeks preggo hcg starts at 20iu, and that would only just get picked up on early hpts. Got everything crossed for you! :dust:

Hey ladies, I hope you're all well!

I have no idea whats going on with me this cycle! AF was due on Sunday (so 2 days late) BUT I Ov'd 2 days later than normal on cd15 instead of cd13 ... so based on that, I figured AF would show today. Nada, zero, zilch so far. My bbs are still killing me which is a little unusual as they usually start getting sore around 3dpo and are fine again at 9/10dpo as progesterone starts dropping (AF starts 12dpo). I've tested a few times with ICs, all eye squinters, "there's a line, no there's not, maybe there is, naaah there's not", FRER was the same and written off as an indent.

SO, AF is late, tests inconclusive. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is my month but I think I know deep down that I'm not pregnant, just having an "off" cycle. Ill keep you guys posted either way tho'. If AF is still MIA next Monday, I'll pop to the Drs and have some blood work.

Babydust to all!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/goodluck_1.gif

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/lucky_animated.gif

Chatty - wow that all sounds very positive!! I have everything crossed for you. I hope you get your BFP!!

Heramys - Hope you are feeling a bit better now hun. Hopefully you are just having an off cycle and will be back in the swing of things next month? I think its Vitamin B6 that might help with luteal phase.

trynitey - Hello :flower: I'm new too

We are just about to start trying. Hubby's reversal was two weeks ago so he is feeling much better now. Our doctors said we should wait until 4 weeks but I don't think we can wait that long and I have read so many other people saying their doctor only said two weeks and they still got their BFPs. SA will be done in about 8 weeks time, I hope it worked! I really don't want to have to do IVF again :nope:

Hope everyone else is good x

@Katie, Our VR DR told us to wait 2 weeks before we had sex too, and that was hard enough waiting that long...:blush: Me and DH kind of messed around a little before the full 2 weeks was up, LOL...:blush: That does seem kind of long... :shrug:

Good luck, I hope your DH has lots of :spermy: and that you can get your BFP soon!!! :dust: :dust:

Wannabepreggo - oh it's been soooooo hard waiting!! haha. I am suprised we lasted this long, well we wouldn't have if it was just up to my hubby but I wanted to make sure we at least waited the two weeks everyone else gets told.

How is your journey to get your BFP going? I have been trying to read back in the thread to catch up on everyone and who is who and how long etc but it's such a long thread!! haha

Maybe we should all do a quick VRWags members update (to make it easier for newbies without having to trawl through 350 pages lol)

I'll start!

I'm 35, from Scotland, my hubby had his VR last June after a 13 year vasectomy. I have 3 children (girl of 17, boy of 12, girl of 9) and 3 step children (boy of 20, girl of 17, boy of 14). Hubby and I have been together for 7 years and married for nearly 3. I'm in the process of starting my own business as a doula and teaching baby massage classes and prenatal yoga classes. My cycles tend to be a pretty regular 25 days with Ov on cd13 .... apart from this cycle of course (there's always one right? Lol). I'm sure the others will be along soon to tell you about themselves too.

I'm no closer guessing what's happening this cycle. No AF this morning, IC test is still maybe, maybe not (but whatever's there isn't getting any darker/more clear), bbs still sore but hard to judge whether they're the same or not as sore as yesterday lol ... must stop pressing them haha, soreness could be caused by self inflicted trauma. I havent had the "I know I'm pregnant" feelings that ive had with my last pregnancies tho - definately dont feel pregnant. Time will tell I suppose!

I now have wardrobes in the bedroom too! I spent Monday eve building 5 wardrobes single handed (hubby away on business). They're looking pretty good, loads of space for clothes I'm hoping won't even fit me in 6 months ;). It's all change with the horses too! My little one has gone out on loan to a lovely family so I've just got the one to sort out everyday (HUGE difference time wise) ... So I've decided to move her to a farm closer to home! We move on Saturday. I'm excited but dreading the move, I've collected so much horsey stuff for her over the years it's insane! I think I might have to hire a van for the day. The new farm is only a 2 minute drive away from home whereas the old yard was a 20 minute drive ... I'll be able to see the new farm from my upstairs windows! :)

So a busy busy week for me all round!

Ooh, sounds lovely Chatty :)

I think we were told to wait 4 weeks post op, which I could have managed. DH couldn't though, he had a 'wet dream' way before that! :rofl:

I'll go next! I'm 31, and DH had his VR in Dec 2009, 6 years after his V. They were only able to reattach one side, but it didn't seem to matter - Holly was born in Dec 2010, just over a year since VR. I have a 14 year old stepdaughter, but apart from Holly have no other children of my own. We started TTC #2 in June 2011, and on the 6th cycle I got a bfp. Sadly, I went on to miscarry at 10 weeks. Am on cycle 3 post miscarriage, just about to start the 2ww :)

hey i am 34 and hubby had reversal april 2011 after 10 yr old vasectomy...both sides attached fine but hubby would not go and do any sa...frustrating yuppers...however we just got our bfp on feb 21 so we are over the moon... praying all is well and this baby is a sticky one...

oh and i have a almost 17 year old girl and a 11 yr old boy..and we are also foster parents to a 19 month old boy..

Hey guys not been on for a while so I'll introduce myself again.

I'm Claire and I'm 30. DH had his VR in march 2011 after a whopping 20 years. Our chances weren't great but thought any chance is better than none cos I'm desperate for a baby, DH already has 3 grown up kids.

First and only SA showed no sperm present which to be honest was expected. I've got him on the wellman conception again just I case it makes a difference. Just in the process of saving for a new house this year then onto icsi next year if no wee miracles by then.

Hope everyone is well xx

Quick update! The witch flew in through the night so back to cd1 for me. Feel better knowing where I am in my cycle now. :)

:hugs: sorry the witch got you Chatty.

Hi CMo, I hope the wellman make a difference :hugs:

Sorry the witch arrived chatty :hugs: how cruel it is when our bodies play tricks!

Good idea on the recap of where we all are:

I'm 29, DH is 40. He had the VR, well 2 years ago in May, 9 years after the original op. Only one side could be reattached.

I have a boy and a girl, who will soon be 8 and 6, and 2 stepsons soon to be 15 and 11.

Well the SA results we've had have been poor... just got the ones from last week back today and whilst still not in the 'normal' range, there has been some improvement, most noticeably in the overall numbers.

They've helpfully included the previous results on the same sheet which is great for comparison!

Gonna be discussing things when DH gets home - I'd been considering getting the implant again if the results were any worse than before (AF debilitates me when off B.C.)

xx

Attachments

• SA March 2012 (2).jpg
    SA March 2012 (2).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 13
Good news that the SA results have improved Tally. Had you been doing anything different since the last SA? I think we will get another SA done if I haven't conceived after a year, just to see what it's looking like. When they only have one tube you can't help but be a bit paranoid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->