The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi
can anyone answer asap, how long should a Semen sample hang around before finally tested in lab, my OH has just had his new SA results back and are even worse than the 2010 tests, looking at them, hes almost sterile!!! It stated at top print off tests collected 09/03/2012 10:15 Recived 09/03/2012 11:18, does this mean they waited till 11:18 until they tested the sample??? we cannnot work why his results have got so low,he had one in 2010, which was a much much higher results, Im so confused why its got worse after Ive had him on pre conception vits for men, extra zinc and maca too, only thing is but he is still smoking, which he was in 2010 results too tho, which Ive told him hes to STOP NOW, we had a bit of a arguement over it this morning :(, god Im so fed up with TTC, my age is against me too with all this. anyway, anyone, can you enlighten me how soon a sample should be tested to get accurate results? what the protocol with semen samples in labs? any advice tips etc heres his latest results, but i am wondering is they are correct.:cry:

volume 3.8
sperm count 4
total motility 3
progressive motility <1

Sorry I don't know. :shrug: But my advice is that you should call the clinic and ask what this means. After all - they're the medical professionals so they should tell you what this means if you ask. :hugs:

So last cycle was a mess with late ovulation and loads of weird symptoms after that. Stopped taking EPO and decreased my dose of vitC. Added B6 100mg and Q10 200 mg to hopefully ovulate a bit earlier as I normally have done that in the past.
So hubby booked flight tickets to get over here on Wednesday 23.30 when my CD 13 is. Yesterday I got a +OPK --> on CD 11 :wacko:
So he's now re-scheduled his flight to this afternoon - please please tell me we're not missing it! :growlmad:

Anyway they seem to work.. :dohh:

Jeanie66 - I just thought of this: have him on Q10 on at least 300 mg/day. Healthspan has a good price on them and no Soy in them either. VitC should be high about 800 mg / day. Q10 is the energy needed to create sperm and vitC helps them not to aggregate as well as it is an antioxidant. As he is a smoker he really needs all the antioxidants he can get. And have him off the booze! I'm trying to get my OH to stop drinking, including that bloody beer or two every now and again! :growlmad:

@Janie, from what my DR's have said with my DH's SA's.. The semen results need to be read within 1 hour, and they need to be kept warm at body temperature well you are trying to get in the sample, in other words the man holds the sample close to his body to keep it warm well he is bringing in the sample,... the man needs to abstain from sex for 3 to 5 days before the SA is done.. I hope that helps.. :hugs:

@Heramys good luck and baby dust to you this cycle!!! :dust: :dust:

Janie, I think Wannabe and Heramys have said all I could about the SA and how to try and boost it.

I know it's so tough isn't it hun when the results are shit, and he still smokes and drinks... DH gets stressed about shit results and that makes him want to smoke all the more and have a beer that day. It's so frustrating :hugs: and my DH's worst results ever came when he had been on wellman conception.... :wacko: We've been told they can go up and down by a lot, but I can't make any sense of it tbh.

:flower::hugs::dust:

I hate to be the downer here, but since this is a VR board obviously your oh had surgery. If his numbers are worse it could be a since of scar tissue at the site blocking the sperm or an indication that he has developed antibodies.

I hate to be the downer here, but since this is a VR board obviously your oh had surgery. If his numbers are worse it could be a since of scar tissue at the site blocking the sperm or an indication that he has developed antibodies.

It could be hun, but there are all sorts of reasons it could be that aren't too drastic, and could improve again :flower:

DH's 2nd SA was incredibly poor and we were told him having had an injury might have affected it as the body puts more resources into healing than reproduction when it needs to. It improved somewhat the next time then even better the most recent one. He hasn't even been doing anything different.

All we can do is keep positive and keep our blokes as healthy as we can :p

:flow:

:dust:

Phew! What a day! One of "my ladies" is 37+2 and her waters started leaking last night (much excitement!). We've been working all afternoon trying to kick start labour but no joy BUT we did manage to get baby rotated around from posterior (back to back) to LOA. We're off to hospital tomorrow morning for induction unless labour starts naturally tonight. I think tomorrows gonna be a long day ... I KNOW I'll be as broody as hell again by Sunday lol.

We need lots of positive labour thoughts tonight!

Hope you are all doing well .... It'll be our turn one day.

Chatty I take my hat off to you doing what you are when you want a baby, well done

I am seriously thinking about training as a midwife after watching OBEM, it has made me want to do, however I am not sure whether mentally I would be able to cope with the births that do not go to plan...

Something to think about I suppose I am not getting any younger and I think I may be a little too old to train for one (am 35 in May)

I agree with ababytogether, chatty you must have some strength hun xx

Hi ladies hope your all well! Its cd1 for me today on to cycle 20 now I think, can't keep track its been so long! Anyone no why I can't access bnb from my laptop only my phone? It keeps saying internet explorer cannot connect you. Its been like this for about 2 weeks now. X x x x

Pah! Well my cycle is officially screwed :(. Cd1 for me today ... following a 17 day cycle where I Ovd on cd8. I hadn't even thought about testing that early but low and behold my bbs started their tell tale soreness on cd9 and AF arrived 10/11 days later.

Hubby away from tomorrow until next Sat, so if I Ov early again, we could miss it. FXd it's just a fluke cycle. I plan to use my monitor again this time to see what's going on.

"my lady" is still hanging on to her baby! She went in for induction yesterday morning and has been slowly labouring from yesterday at around 4pm. We were asked to leave last night whilst they kept my lady in the labour ward (she was 2cm when we left). I'd been expecting a call overnight to say "all systems go" but that baby is comfortable and refusing to come!. She's 3cm now with contracts every 7 mins (so no change in contraction patterns) and is now classed as being "in labour" as of 6.45am when they checked her.

It looks as tho the main part of mothers day will be helping another lady become a new mum :).

Babydust to all x

hello to everyone, i havent posted on here in over a month, went to clinic and got some bad news about egg sharing so i have been quite upset as you could imagine. I didnt have the full medical history for my biological father and so they refused to accept us.
We have been thinking about gettting dh reversal done again but worried that after just 4 months the same thing could happen again.The last 4 weeks of my life have just seemed to pass by in a blur.

welcome and hello to the new ladies on here.
how is everyone else?
xxxx

:hugs: Clare, I'm so sorry about your bad news :nope:

Sorry the witch got you Chatty and justmarried.

I'm trying to NTNP but it's so hard! I've already done 2 opks, can't help myself :haha:

Hi everyone!

Clare so sorry to hear the bad news :hugs:

Sorry to hear the :witch: arrived justmarried and chatty. Chatty I hope your cycle gets back to normal. Or even better for :witch: to stay away!

Oooo POAS is a hard habit to break isn't it sapphire! I have banned myself from buying any more sticks to pee on unless AF is actually late...

xx

I can't believe it - I feel SO stupid. And guilty :(

As you all already know, I've had a pretty messed up cycle - 2nd "AF" within a matter of weeks. I went to the Drs yesterday as this AF is particularly nasty/painful/clotty ... Not normal.

Dr just called with results - HGC of 15. I was pregnant but miscarrying. It all makes sense now :(.

I had a few faint lines before my "proper" period was due but dismissed them as they were so faint. I started bleeding (albeit lightly) a few days later than expected, sore bbs remained .... Which made me think I'd ovulated early on cd7/8. Then I started bleeding again 10 days later. Thick, clotty, not normal for me at all, I'm usually very light.

I had a quick look at my "symptom list" on my iPhone app ... I had ALL the symptoms. Sore back, tiredness, sore bbs, delayed "period" etc ... and didn't even connect the dots. How could I have been so stupid??

Dr thinks I'd have been 5 weeks based on my previous period with conception around valentines day. The first "period" would have been classed as early pregnancy spotting.

How the hell did I miss this?? I'm gutted :(

I can't believe it - I feel SO stupid. And guilty :(

As you all already know, I've had a pretty messed up cycle - 2nd "AF" within a matter of weeks. I went to the Drs yesterday as this AF is particularly nasty/painful/clotty ... Not normal.

Dr just called with results - HGC of 15. I was pregnant but miscarrying. It all makes sense now :(.

I had a few faint lines before my "proper" period was due but dismissed them as they were so faint. I started bleeding (albeit lightly) a few days later than expected, sore bbs remained .... Which made me think I'd ovulated early on cd7/8. Then I started bleeding again 10 days later. Thick, clotty, not normal for me at all, I'm usually very light.

I had a quick look at my "symptom list" on my iPhone app ... I had ALL the symptoms. Sore back, tiredness, sore bbs, delayed "period" etc ... and didn't even connect the dots. How could I have been so stupid??

Dr thinks I'd have been 5 weeks based on my previous period with conception around valentines day. The first "period" would have been classed as early pregnancy spotting.

How the hell did I miss this?? I'm gutted :(

:hugs::hugs: aw chatty im so sorry hun..
sending you lots of :hugs::hugs:
xxxx

ive had some news from clinic, we can egg share. im so excited.
going to clinic for bloods, and stuff next week.
got to start the pill too next month.

:hugs: Chatty, I'm so sorry hun. Please don't feel bad that you didn't realise, it wasn't your fault. Sending lots of :hugs: your way x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->