The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

I have tears on my cheeks as I type this -

This morning, I got my BFP :)

I'm 2 days late but had all the signs that AF was imminent (bar spotting). I'd planned to leave it til Saturday before testing but caved and did an IC .... and discovered a barely there second line of the eye squinting variety. Second IC was the same. I jumped in the car and waited outside the chemist for 20 minutes until they opened and blew £25 on every type of test they had.

2 clear lines on the FRER, + on the clear blue + test and a "pregnant 1-2" on a clear blue digital.

Hubby's first sentence was "immaculate conception???" as we've only managed BD about 3 times this cycle (one of those last night haha). Who'd have tought that the month we're all "ahhh whatever" about TTC is the month we fall pregnant! Baby is due 11/01/13.

Looks like I got a fertilised easter egg this time!

Babydust ladies!

OMG Chatty - I knew it, had a feeling when I read af was late!! :happydance: I'm over the moon for you, this group was due another bfp.

:hugs: Heramys, I'm so sorry hun. Like HappyBunny says, there are other options - one way or another you will get your baby.

Glad to hear you've been keeping busy wannabe. I hve everything crossed that it was IB!

:cloud9: ttcpostvr, that's wonderful news!

I knew it Chatty!! I am so happy for you!:cloud9: Send us that dust!

wannabeprego - so glad to hear from you. I'm glad you are keeping yourself busy. FX for IB...

ttcpostvr - that is lovely! Super excited for you.

AFM, I think I'm going to ovulate soon all on my own. I have an OPK and I'm going to try it. I'm excited since I rarely get positive OPK's. Maybe the acupuncture is finally paying off.

Keep bringing those :bfp: ladies!!

Congrats chatty...lol it's the same thing the month we conceived we barely bd...and like you maybe 3 times...I thought maybe doing it that amount of times gave our men lots of production time...exciting stuff... Woohoo!!

Omg! Congrats chatty! Welcome to the first trimester. I pray you have a very easy and healthy 36 weeks ahead of you!

Hi everyone, not sure if you all remember me as i havent been on for so long bit just wanted to let you all know that i got my bfp today. we had our sa done 4 weeks ago and it was really low counts, only 3.64 million/mL with good morph and motility but here i am today in total shock!

Yay! Fabulous news! Wow, VRWags are waiting ages for a BFP and then 2 on one day?? Congratulations huni, miracles CAn happen. When are you due?

Good luck with the IUI Carlise, I will keep everything crossed for you.

Welcome 2plus1makes3, best of luck for the VR!

CMo, it's a tricky one but I don't think it's selfish to want to use donor sperm. Presumably you don't have children of your own, and your DH does - I do think you have every right to have a child, whatever it takes. I suppose using donor sperm is a bit like adoption, the child wouldn't biologically be his, but it would still feel 100% like his child. Hope you decide what to do without too much bother :hugs:

:hugs: HappyBunny, I'm sorry about the SA results, I hope the vitamins work. Best of luck with the IVF, they say acupuncture is a fantastic treatment to have alongside it.

Wow, super congrats waiting4vr! Amazing news :cloud9: Woo, the VR wags luck is finally looking up!

AFM, DH and I are going though a tough time atm, and have discussed splitting. He is still refusing to TTC, as he's not sure if he loves me anymore. I need to ttc to mend my broken heart, it's the only thing that gave me hope after the mc. I would have been around 30 weeks pregnant by now, can't stop dwelling on it :nope:

Thankyou so much everyone :) I am due january 13th.. still cant believe i am writing this!!
Congrats Chatty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xxxxxxxx

Congratulations ladies on your BFPs!!!

Sapphire I'm so sorry your going through a tough time. Where's all this coming from? Hope you can work things out.

AFM: thanks for the advice ladies I feel so lucky to have people to talk to that understand.
I've not brought up using a donor again I'm just letting it sink in. We go on holiday in 2 weeks so I plan to raise it again then.
I've pretty much decided that I'm going to go for it and we could afford 3 shots towards the end of the year.
Obviously I'd rather do it naturally but it's not going to happen. Just need to get DH on board either that or I'll do it by myself. I'm now thinking he's the one being selfish. He's the one causing all the problems. He's had his 3 kids and I'm not willing to sacrifice my turn at being a mum! I know if it was me that had problems conceiving I would try every possible method to give him a baby! Sorry for the rant! Feel better now.

Have a great weekend xx

I totally agree that he's being the selfish one CMo. Part of the reason that I'm so pissed with DH is that him stalling/saying he doesn't want more kids, impacts on me and Holly. I want her to have a sibling that is close in age, not just one with a 13 year age gap. I feel that the longer we wait, the more chance there is of us never being able to have another. Lol, you can tell I regret marrying a man with 'baggage' :rofl: I am of course over the moon that the VR worked, and we have Holly, I suppose it's just that when you're younger you don't imagine that you might face issues like this. Anyhow, pity paty over :haha: I hope DH comes round to your way of thinking hun :hugs:

I have tears on my cheeks as I type this -

This morning, I got my BFP :)

I'm 2 days late but had all the signs that AF was imminent (bar spotting). I'd planned to leave it til Saturday before testing but caved and did an IC .... and discovered a barely there second line of the eye squinting variety. Second IC was the same. I jumped in the car and waited outside the chemist for 20 minutes until they opened and blew £25 on every type of test they had.

2 clear lines on the FRER, + on the clear blue + test and a "pregnant 1-2" on a clear blue digital.

Hubby's first sentence was "immaculate conception???" as we've only managed BD about 3 times this cycle (one of those last night haha). Who'd have tought that the month we're all "ahhh whatever" about TTC is the month we fall pregnant! Baby is due 11/01/13.

Looks like I got a fertilised easter egg this time!

Babydust ladies!

Wohoo! :happydance::happydance::happydance: that's fantastic news hun!:happydance:

Congratulations :D

Hi everyone, not sure if you all remember me as i havent been on for so long bit just wanted to let you all know that i got my bfp today. we had our sa done 4 weeks ago and it was really low counts, only 3.64 million/mL with good morph and motility but here i am today in total shock!

Congratulations hun! :happydance::happydance::happydance: that's amazing, 2 bfps all at once!!

x

Good luck with the IUI Carlise, I will keep everything crossed for you.

Welcome 2plus1makes3, best of luck for the VR!

CMo, it's a tricky one but I don't think it's selfish to want to use donor sperm. Presumably you don't have children of your own, and your DH does - I do think you have every right to have a child, whatever it takes. I suppose using donor sperm is a bit like adoption, the child wouldn't biologically be his, but it would still feel 100% like his child. Hope you decide what to do without too much bother :hugs:

:hugs: HappyBunny, I'm sorry about the SA results, I hope the vitamins work. Best of luck with the IVF, they say acupuncture is a fantastic treatment to have alongside it.

Wow, super congrats waiting4vr! Amazing news :cloud9: Woo, the VR wags luck is finally looking up!

AFM, DH and I are going though a tough time atm, and have discussed splitting. He is still refusing to TTC, as he's not sure if he loves me anymore. I need to ttc to mend my broken heart, it's the only thing that gave me hope after the mc. I would have been around 30 weeks pregnant by now, can't stop dwelling on it :nope:

I totally agree that he's being the selfish one CMo. Part of the reason that I'm so pissed with DH is that him stalling/saying he doesn't want more kids, impacts on me and Holly. I want her to have a sibling that is close in age, not just one with a 13 year age gap. I feel that the longer we wait, the more chance there is of us never being able to have another. Lol, you can tell I regret marrying a man with 'baggage' :rofl: I am of course over the moon that the VR worked, and we have Holly, I suppose it's just that when you're younger you don't imagine that you might face issues like this. Anyhow, pity paty over :haha: I hope DH comes round to your way of thinking hun :hugs:

Oh sapphire hun :hug: I am so sorry things have got so bad :(

I hope you guys can work things out and get to a better place together... you must be hurting so much :hugs:

As for 'baggage'... I dread to think what I'm going to hear, DH's ex is being hideous again - the boys were supposed to come and stay over tonight but she has been sending bitchy texts to DH (bear in mind she never has contact with DH, all done through SS's :growlmad:) and apparently they are not coming and she said it's their choice not hers. Well that'll be shining bright! Something very fishy is going on and I don't like it one bit... it really cuts DH up when crap kicks off with his ex, and it affects us all :( That woman simply won't stop until everyone is as wizened and thoroughly miserable and joyless as she is :(

And breathe!

xx

:hugs: Big hugs Tally. They always try to make it hard don't they :nope: I hope he gets to see the boys soon x x

here is our baby today at 10 weeks. he/she was moving like crazy and even waved at us for a few seconds. loving our little gummy bear so much.

166 bpm
30.8 mm

hope you guys are doing well!

Attachments

• 10 weeks_166bpm_30.8 mm.jpg
    10 weeks_166bpm_30.8 mm.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3
Anyone else here that had 0% sperm and went with the TESE/TESA/PESA etc? If so was there any sperm there then?

We're having our fertility planning meeting plus the biopsy the same day - 22nd of May. I think we get the result back immediately, so basically our future is decided there and then..

In the meanwhile we had a HUGE fight over this as he can live without kids and I cannot. All comes down to money. Huge stress this week, but I think we've managed to find a solution.

I'm so nervous about the biopsy result as that's basically what determines everything.

Aww ttcpostvr, what a lovely scan pic! :cloud9:

:hugs: Heramys. Sorry I don't have any experience of that, but I hope and pray that the results on the 22nd are good and you're able to go ahead with treatment.

Hello there

I'd like to join you ladies as it looks like we have a lot in common, so I thought rather than lurk much longer I'd say hello and tell you a bit about my story. Am almost 41 and got married in March. Been with DH for 3 years now after first meeting 23 years ago (long story for another day :winkwink:). So I have no kids and DH has 3 (17,15 and 13) but they live a few hundred miles from us so we don't see them as often as we would like. My relationship is good with the younger two is good but pretty poor with eldest, well non existant really given that she has refused to meet me in the last 3 years. Again another story for another day LOL !

We had reversal in December, 12 years since since initial op. Got our SA a few weeks ago and still trying to fully understand them :spermy: (I might post them to get some interpretation help from you ladies). Basically it looks like the count is reasonable given the length of time etc but motility is pretty poor so that's our focus now we are just about to start rattling with the supplements. So its TTC naturally for a few months for us before we look at other options and see where we end up.

So that's me for now. Trying to find the balance between working positively at TTC and avoiding the obesssing - it may be a fine line lol :haha:

Look forward to getting to know you,

MissusO :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"