The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Welcome MissusO :) Avoiding the obsessing is hard! :haha: It's definitely worth starting supplements, they do seem to make a difference. Good luck and hope you see your bfp soon!

Welcome to the group Missus! Good luck with your TTC journey. Hubby and I have just got our BFP, 11 months after VR (original V was 12/13 yrs before). We decided against an SA so were oblivious to the numbers however, we assumed that given the length of time between V and VR that they would've been low. Hubby has been taking wellman conception vits for around 6 months or so and started exercising everyday - I'm sure this is what's made the difference.

Sapphire - really hope you're ok huni - thinking of you

I did! First ticker EVER :). Getting the hang of this techno stuff now ..... Just need to work out how to post photos lol

thanks for the welcome ladies, soooooo good to hear that it can happen.

Just waiting for AF tonight, bit flat but some Ben and Jerry's phish food to keep me occupied :)

:flower:Hi ladies, we had our VR on the 4th, the doctor said the right side had a lot of inflammation and saw nothing but the left side was pooring out with sperm, he was able to reconnect both sides. We have to wait two weeks post op for his follow-up visit and then we can start to conceive. So any advice? We were just thinking to do it everyday or so like we always do and see what happens. Hoping for baby dust in the next few months! Congrats to everyone who got a BFP and those who are still trying. I am 32, husband 34. We have a DD 4, and DS 3.

Thanks.

Mmm, love phish food :)

2plus1makes3, our surgeon recommended that DH take supplements, and to DTD every other day. We followed that, used preseed and got a bfp on the 1st month of trying :) (around 3/4 months post op) This time round it's been different - we hadn't been taking supplements and no bfp in 10 months of ttc. It could well be the supplements that made the difference. This is what he took, it's on the link 'lifestyle and dietary advice for the reversal patient'

https://www.vasectomyreversals.co.uk/downloads/

Good luck!

Good luck 2plus! I agree, DTD every other day. Get yourself on a good prenatal supplement too. It's handy to start tracking ovulation to pinpoint your most fertile window.

Hello there

I'd like to join you ladies as it looks like we have a lot in common, so I thought rather than lurk much longer I'd say hello and tell you a bit about my story. Am almost 41 and got married in March. Been with DH for 3 years now after first meeting 23 years ago (long story for another day :winkwink:). So I have no kids and DH has 3 (17,15 and 13) but they live a few hundred miles from us so we don't see them as often as we would like. My relationship is good with the younger two is good but pretty poor with eldest, well non existant really given that she has refused to meet me in the last 3 years. Again another story for another day LOL !

We had reversal in December, 12 years since since initial op. Got our SA a few weeks ago and still trying to fully understand them :spermy: (I might post them to get some interpretation help from you ladies). Basically it looks like the count is reasonable given the length of time etc but motility is pretty poor so that's our focus now we are just about to start rattling with the supplements. So its TTC naturally for a few months for us before we look at other options and see where we end up.

So that's me for now. Trying to find the balance between working positively at TTC and avoiding the obesssing - it may be a fine line lol :haha:

Look forward to getting to know you,

MissusO :flower:

Hiya :wave:

Avoiding obsessing is tough! I wish you all the best TTC xx

:flower:Hi ladies, we had our VR on the 4th, the doctor said the right side had a lot of inflammation and saw nothing but the left side was pooring out with sperm, he was able to reconnect both sides. We have to wait two weeks post op for his follow-up visit and then we can start to conceive. So any advice? We were just thinking to do it everyday or so like we always do and see what happens. Hoping for baby dust in the next few months! Congrats to everyone who got a BFP and those who are still trying. I am 32, husband 34. We have a DD 4, and DS 3.

Thanks.

Welcome to the group! All the best with TTC :) I agree about doing it every other day :thumbup:

xx

Welcome to the new ladies! :hi:

Oh Chatty - I'm loving the new ticker!

Sapphire - I'm sorry you are going through this. We are here for you :hugs:

Tally I know exactly how you feel. DH's ex is a witch too! I thought maybe since the kids are getting older she would mature herself as well but I am wrong!

CMO - best of luck with DH's. I know its hard for them but once you hold that baby it won't matter.

Heramys - I'm sorry about the fight! I know how you feel. DH's has two kids and he is afraid if ivf doesn't work it will cause friction between us.

ttcpostvr - that is a lovely picture. I can't believe its 10 weeks now!

Yea it's crazy isn't it hun, honestly you'd think they would get bored of causing problems but no! It must be so crappy for the boys...

DH still hasn't been able to get in touch - both the boys have mobiles but aren't answering, same story with her mobile and home phone :( he went round there on Friday but no-one was in. He is really upset about it and sees no way to improve the situation...

Anyway, enough of that!

xx

I have tears on my cheeks as I type this -

This morning, I got my BFP :)

I'm 2 days late but had all the signs that AF was imminent (bar spotting). I'd planned to leave it til Saturday before testing but caved and did an IC .... and discovered a barely there second line of the eye squinting variety. Second IC was the same. I jumped in the car and waited outside the chemist for 20 minutes until they opened and blew £25 on every type of test they had.

2 clear lines on the FRER, + on the clear blue + test and a "pregnant 1-2" on a clear blue digital.

Hubby's first sentence was "immaculate conception???" as we've only managed BD about 3 times this cycle (one of those last night haha). Who'd have tought that the month we're all "ahhh whatever" about TTC is the month we fall pregnant! Baby is due 11/01/13.

Looks like I got a fertilised easter egg this time!

Babydust ladies!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Frequently%20used%20graphics/CongratsontheBFP.gif

Hi everyone, not sure if you all remember me as i havent been on for so long bit just wanted to let you all know that i got my bfp today. we had our sa done 4 weeks ago and it was really low counts, only 3.64 million/mL with good morph and motility but here i am today in total shock!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Congrats on your BFP!!!!

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Frequently%20used%20graphics/55c65492-2.gif

Thanks for the welcome. I dont know if we can hold out to every other day but we will just relax until we get his SA. Im a little nervous. Where is everyone from? Im from NJ.

Yea I think the more relaxed you can be the better :thumbup:

I'm from Scotland :) One or 2 others in the group are as well.

xx

ME! I'm in Scotland too!

I'd definitely take the "relaxed" approach - I seriously nearly drove myself to insanity throughout last year .... It made every cycle feel like a year long with crushing disappointment every time the witch arrived.

Me too! I'm from just outside Edinburgh!

Hi missuso, where was your surgery done?

Ex's are the pits like! I'm so lucky that dh was divorced from his ex long long before I was on the scene and because his kids are grown up ivecnever even met her. Suppose I've had no need to. Desperate to know what she looks like tho! X

ok so whats with the Scottish theme here LOL, I'm in Edinburgh !!!!!

Surgery was Dr Donat at Murrayfield - anyone else with him?

:lol:

ok so whats with the Scottish theme here LOL, I'm in Edinburgh !!!!!

Surgery was Dr Donat at Murrayfield - anyone else with him?

:lol:

Nup, how did you find it there? We went to Ross Hall in Glasgow and the surgeon was a Dr Aitchison. Wasn't great really...

:flower:

We travelled down to Duncan Harris in Nottingham. I hadn't realised there were so many Scots on here! Maybe we should arrange a "meet-up"!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->